• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Medium [Project Planning]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Okay, so a while back, I had this idea about bringing a sort of news blog type of thing to this section. Basically I, and possibly a few others, would just create threads about certain topics in the creative media field that we thought were interesting and by doing so would generate a lot of discussion. The idea eventually fell through as it was somewhat limited.

Recently, the idea popped back into my head and I thought, why limit this to just me? I toyed around with the idea for a bit and then formed the idea of 'The Medium'.

So what is The Medium? It is (possibly) a new subsection in CM where anyone can post a thread about anything that is tied to art. Found a really awesome photoreel by a photographer? Post it. Talk about it. Found some really awesome concept art for a movie? Post it. Literally anything that you want, I'm leaving that up to you guys. But remember: art related. Yeah, you get the idea.

Why 'The Medium'? As it stands, CM is a community for creative media (hence the name) with a huge wall down the middle. Think Berlin Wall. On one side stands Digital Media with all of its graphic design and DM regulars. On the other side stands Traditional Media with its drawings and photography. There are the occasional few who venture over the wall every now and then, but I want to tear this wall down. I want those occasional few to be almost everybody. And so, I created The Medium. It's the middle ground of everything that brings the entire section together despite the differences in the media we create. At it's heart, The Medium is just a place to discuss something beyond only that which we create. Explore. Discuss. Inspire.

I want your thoughts. Everyones.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm up for this, like I said, I just don't want this getting confused with media discussion, but talking about art would be fun at least to me.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
bluh.png

I think this is part of the issue, here, Pab.

I think we need plans on how to boost member traffic here, rather than just guests.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I suppose I'd be down for some discussions.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Yeah I noticed that. People just recently stopped being active (might have to do with the fact that school is getting closer). We can't make people come though.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah I noticed that. People just recently stopped being active (might have to do with the fact that school is getting closer). We can't make people come though.

Yeah school is pretty much going to make things harder.

Though, if they're like me and work on creative things more while in school, it may not be too bad.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
It's difficult enough for me to get on KHI let alone any other social media with 2 jobs, football and school so I mean I'll contribute when and if I can.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why not dedicate a thread and post like something daily or w/e and see how that goes.

If it's a hit, maybe we can have a split section.

Vicodin

relative power
Let's do a singular thread, yeah. And hopefully it takes off from there. Maybe keep the initial post constantly updated too, but in a way that isn't too scattered and messy, because having constant links is not fun. just an inspiration thread.

Honestly I never have anything going on besides school work and even that doesn't take up much time, so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back