• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Mechanical Inferno.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
This story sort of originated after listening to the Protomen and their stuff. The story is split up into 8 Main Chapters, with several sub-chapters in each Main one. The Main chapters named after the song in the Protomen album(mostly in track order; Some switching around). Story revolves a young man and his struggles in a society where mankind crumbles around him. Sorta based on the original Megaman story.

The Mechanical Inferno.

1: Hope Rides Alone

Ch1: Wake

----------------------------------​

It was hard to define that smell. Distinct, yet what it reminded me of escaped me. Took a while to recollect myself, putting two and two together. Rocks, it was. They pelted lightly against my face. Should I just open my eyes? Everything just sort of hurt for me. A lurching feeling in my legs and side. Forget it, I’ll think to myself. I can see a bright red, it kind of irritates me. Opening my eyes, it’s all really blurry at first, like waking from a long slumber. Several shapes formed in front of me, far too incoherent to comprehend. Tuning into focus, I just stared at it for a while. Boggled at what I saw, I just sighed and said out loud,

“Oh, it’s a dead guy.”

Tumultuously shaken back to reality, he jolted back, dragging himself along the ground. The stench finally kicked in, his nostrils flaring intensely. Death, rotting flesh, the works. The sensations jarred his mind a bit, the other senses making cue. The ground rumbled tumultuously under him, screams of pain and anger flushing his ears. He rolled over to his right, coming across a foot. Looking up, his gaze turned into a prolonged stare. A circle, pitch black nothingness within it. Pointed right at him, he braced for impact.

“BANG!”

The young man looked up, and saw a bleak grey sky. Raising his upper body, trying to glimpse what was happening. Suddenly a great exert of force came from his right side, reeling him in with haste. Everything was rushing by him too fast to pace himself, harrowing sounds coming from beside and above him. Skin embraced the concrete wall, the wall sheltering them from the ongoing madness.

“What the hell is happening? ” the young man said, out of breath.

“Get yourself together kid, now’s not the time to get all frantic.” a voice replied.

He looked to find a man, worn down by fighting. A black tank top, your average army-colored pants which used to looked comfortable. A belt with several utilities, ammunition and the like. Very short, bleach blond hair, a small scar on his chin, an almost square head. He had a build of an olympian athlete, who could probably crush skulls with his biceps. And a gun that could take out several thousand. Your average soldier. A whisking feeling came near them, smoke blistering around the piece of wall, protecting them. The sound of it was enough to muffle him out.

“What’s your name, kid?”

“Um..it’s..”

“NOW!”

“It's kinda hard to when you're forcing it on me!”

“Useless..” said the hulking man, grabbing him by the arm. They lunged towards a car, his agility superior to the struggling adolescent. The car was more likened to a tank than the former. Getting inside, the scent of brimstone was still fresh in his mind. The leather seats made it somewhat more inviting. The young man found himself surrounded by strangers, faces unknown to his eyes. But they all had the uniform look of war on them. Some were dirty, some were bloody. Either way, he was misplaced along these categories.

“Where’d you get the kid?” asked a man with tanned skin, sitting not far from the man that saved his life.

“Found this sucker in the middle of the battlefield. Almost got his face blown off by them.”

“Lucky guy, if you ask me.”

“Is everything ready?”

“Yessir, Commander Briggs.”

“Good. Now launch those damn happy favors and rip them a new asshole!”

A large, slightly muted boom sounded off.

He looked out of the darkened window. Several flaming spheres swelled up from the ground, enveloping everything around it. It spread out into the sky, bristling shades of grey surrounding and dissipating from it, while the inner parts of it burned bright with mixes of red, yellow, and orange. He could only watch everything that happened, left to watch the after effects. A twinkle of a tear formed around his eyes, looking down on many bloodied corpses, burning to ash, driving by. An eerie silence filled the car.

“You okay, kid?”

“What is going on..?”

“You really don’t know what’s going on, do ya?”

“Not really.”

“Welcome to the now, boy.”

The words ringed in his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back