• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The meaning of XSuper the sigil in the Black Box

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
We all know that the names of the Foretellers are all related to the seven deadly sins right?

Ira -> Wrath

Aced-> Acedia->Sloth

Invi-> Invidia-> Envy

Gula-> Gluttony

Ava-> Avaritia-> Greed

Luxu-> Luxuria-> Lust

Now we all know the missing deadly sin is Pride, and pride in Latin is "Superbia" which is considered the father of all the seven deadly sins. And we saw that the black box contained an inscription known as "xsuper". What if I told you that the meaning of the sigil would be a code name of the Master of Masters but rearranged, similar to the name "Xehanort" which has two possible meanings, it's a rearranged version of the word "another" and "no heart" and just add a letter x on it. The thing is I tried mixing his name but the only possible translations that I found is Xeprus. I mean if the Master of Masters can create a fake name like Theodore or Jack and give the Foretellers a fake name would it make sense if he can name himself Xeprus.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Ira -> Wrath

Aced-> Acedia->Sloth

Invi-> Invidia-> Envy

Gula-> Gluttony

Ava-> Avaritia-> Greed

Luxu-> Luxuria-> Lust
These names don't really make sense to me, I mean I see what Nomura is going for with the naming convention, but the foretellers don't seem to have these personality's, Ira isn't wrathful or rageful, he's quiet and patient, Aced definitely isn't lazy, Gula isn't, literally for lack of a better word, fat, Invi, isn't jealous of anyone, Ava, definitely isn't greedy, and Luxu doesn't seem lustful.
Now we all know the missing deadly sin is Pride, and pride in Latin is "Superbia" which is considered the father of all the seven deadly sins. And we saw that the black box contained an inscription known as "xsuper". What if I told you that the meaning of the sigil would be a code name of the Master of Masters but rearranged, similar to the name "Xehanort" which has two possible meanings, it's a rearranged version of the word "another" and "no heart" and just add a letter x on it. The thing is I tried mixing his name but the only possible translations that I found is Xeprus. I mean if the Master of Masters can create a fake name like Theodore or Jack and give the Foretellers a fake name would it make sense if he can name himself Xeprus.
And last but not least the Master Of Masters, the Master doesn't seem prideful Either, when I think of prideful I think of Vegeta, and the Master Of Masters definitely isn't that, then again there was a moment in the Buu saga where he said, the strong survive and the weak, perish, and the Master, was willing to risk innocent lives, okay maybe he's the only one on the list that fits the naming convention, come to I think of it, Aced, and Ira seem to be switched around.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
These names don't really make sense to me, I mean I see what Nomura is going for with the naming convention, but the foretellers don't seem to have these personality's, Ira isn't wrathful or rageful, he's quiet and patient, Aced definitely isn't lazy, Gula isn't, literally for lack of a better word, fat, Invi, isn't jealous of anyone, Ava, definitely isn't greedy, and Luxu doesn't seem lustful.

And last but not least the Master Of Masters, the Master doesn't seem prideful Either, when I think of prideful I think of Vegeta, and the Master Of Masters definitely isn't that, then again there was a moment in the Buu saga where he said, the strong survive and the weak, perish, and the Master, was willing to risk innocent lives, okay maybe he's the only one on the list that fits the naming convention, come to I think of it, Aced, and Ira seem to be switched around.
There's a theory that the seven masters are in fact the opposites of their names and those names actually represent the 7 most powerful willful darknesses within them. Like some kind of ironic foreshadowing.

It makes sense considering Vanitas is also a willful darkness and he was given a "negative" latin word as his name, too.

vaderskywalker

Awards
There's a theory that the seven masters are in fact the opposites of their names and those names actually represent the 7 most powerful willful darknesses within them. Like some kind of ironic foreshadowing.

It makes sense considering Vanitas is also a willful darkness and he was given a "negative" latin word as his name, too.
I guess, ironic works for a lot of things, so why not?

EighteenEighty

Awards
I guess, ironic works for a lot of things, so why not?
This guy actually explained perfectly on how the Foretellers represent their sin and virtue. So you can watch these videos to see a clear understanding on how the Foretellers represent their sin or virtue.

vaderskywalker

Awards
This guy actually explained perfectly on how the Foretellers represent their sin and virtue. So you can watch these videos to see a clear understanding on how the Foretellers represent their sin or virtue.

Dang, Ava is greedy, I guess it's true what they say, the road to blank is paved with good intentions. And no, I do not cuss, it's not who I am.

EighteenEighty

Awards
Dang, Ava is greedy, I guess it's true what they say, the road to blank is paved with good intentions. And no, I do not cuss, it's not who I am.
Have you watched the whole playlist BTW? Because the other Foretellers also represent their sins a bit. For example, when Ira made a speech about the traitor it created seeds of doubt among the Foretellers. Wrath is more than just being rageful and angry, it could also create seeds of doubt. No wonder why he's the leader because sometimes Wrath is the deadliest of all the 7 Deadly Sins.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Have you watched the whole playlist BTW? Because the other Foretellers also represent their sins a bit. For example, when Ira made a speech about the traitor it created seeds of doubt among the Foretellers. Wrath is more than just being rageful and angry, it could also create seeds of doubt. No wonder why he's the leader because sometimes Wrath is the deadliest of all the 7 Deadly Sins.
Okay, I take it back, there pretty fitting names.

Back