• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The meaning of 255?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidaxd

Okay in Days, how it starts off all, "255...the number of days he's been in the organization" Then again when it actually is day 255. Why is day 255 so important? which brings me to my next question/rant.

Which brings me to my point. Why is the number 255 so meaningful to Square. In the Final Fantasy VII, VIII ...maybe more... it's the highest a stat can be. In Star Ocean 3...it's the highest level you can reach. Everytime I play a game by Square...the number 255 is involved somewhere in the game.

Why is that? ...

S

Shadow Soldier

255 is just a number.

Hell, why is a lot of games, 99 hp the most you could get? Or why can you only get 99 lives?

Vidaxd

Maybe...but I don't think so. Paranoid..how?

It's just somethin I noticed followin Square all these years....well actually more like since the first KH was released. But anyways yeah >_<

Playing through Final Fantasy....noticing your stat wont go any higher than 255...playing Star Ocean...noticing that the max level is 255...now playing Days and noticing that 255 is a movie scene day and it is a meaningful day to Roxas since he decides to tell he's been counting them...

Weird in any case

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
Maybe...but I don't think so. Paranoid..how?

It's just somethin I noticed followin Square all these years....well actually more like since the first KH was released. But anyways yeah >_<

Playing through Final Fantasy....noticing your stat wont go any higher than 255...playing Star Ocean...noticing that the max level is 255...now playing Days and noticing that 255 is a movie scene day and it is a meaningful day to Roxas since he decides to tell he's been counting them...

Weird in any case

WHat was that movie with Jim Carry called, the number nine or somthin. anyways, he was obsessed with the number:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Vidaxd

Really? ...does it seem like I'm obsessed? *apologizes* I'm not...I was curious if the number had a meaning to Square

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
255 is the highest value you can get for an 8 digit value. Hence why the stats stopped there, as I assume that's the sort of space they allocated for the stats' values.

As for Days, I think it was deep enough into the year to get over the slow pacedness of it all but before the shit really hit the fan.
It's nothing really important, me thinks.

Vidaxd

Oh. Well there ya go >_<

It's just kinda funny to me that they chose Day 255 for things to start speeding up...but meh maybe just a coincedence

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
255 is the highest value you can get for an 8 digit value. Hence why the stats stopped there, as I assume that's the sort of space they allocated for the stats' values.

As for Days, I think it was deep enough into the year to get over the slow pacedness of it all but before the shit really hit the fan.
It's nothing really important, me thinks.

I'm still curious as to what that 'I will disappear from this world in 151 days' was about back in that old trailer. Don't know if it was TGS or Jump Festa, but I'm assuming that idea was scratched from the final game?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm still curious as to what that 'I will disappear from this world in 151 days' was about back in that old trailer. Don't know if it was TGS or Jump Festa, but I'm assuming that idea was scratched from the final game?

Think rationally about it for a minute. We know Roxas's story, but how would Roxas himself know? Rather than it being scratched, I think it was just for the trailer.

donuts

I'll tell you the real meaning of 255!
If you convert 255 into Hex format you'll get FF, which (for Square) stands for Final Fantasy. That's it. Pretty simple.
It's like a little tribute in Days.

Awards
-- Why does the story mode begin with the conversation scene from day 255?

Nomura: There are two reasons for that, and the first is that we wanted to start the story with a conversation. Roxas doesn't talk much at the beginning of the story, so we brought in this scene referring to another day at the beginning of the game. The other reason was, in showing a scene with a fun conversation but where someone waited for doesn't show up, we wanted to put the players in suspense, wondering what this was about. For people who know the series, they'd know before playing that Days is a game keeping all sorts of secrets, but people playing for the first time with this game would have no knowledge at all. We wanted those people to start the game with questions, too.

Smile has it.

Really the same reason why they started KH2 with the conversation between Roxas and Xemnas on the Dark Margin.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back