• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KHRULER

Awards
Maybe they planned to release it at the super bowl but weren't able to so they put it online.
It's weird because I remember watching the Super Bowl and anticipated them showing a trailer for the movie but instead they showed a different Disney commercial (celebrating Disney 100 or something? idk) but they included TLM Live Action with already seen clips. Also strange to me that they only released a teaser with not much new content (keeping in mind that content on the movie has already been leaked).

Anyway, I don't know if we're allowed to post leaked content on here (lmk if otherwise) but this clip of Halle singing is amazing. I loved her in Chloe x Halle and she's perfect for this role.

Willow A113

Awards
There are a lot of things to criticize with this adaptation but I think Halle's performance makes it clear that her casting isn't one of them. She is the best Ariel they could have hoped for.
No matter how good or bad everything else is, I will be listening to the music from this movie on repeat.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I liked the first POYW from the audio that leaked for the most part. Don't care for the reprise though.

I wonder if there will be an entirely new song like how some other remakes have done
Yes--"For the First Time." I know there were two other new songs at one point, but I think they might've been cut? I'm unsure. Although, no, I think Awkwafina's rap as Scuttle is still in there.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally found the reprise amazing, especially the ending high note. Like DAMN that girl can sing. She is the ideal Ariel for a live-action remake.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Why are all the YT comments people going "I loved the part when [blank] said [blank], that was so [blank]?
It's to mock Ariel for being black. Shocked the flock came in so late.

I think at first it was some dumb joke, but it was used in response to the casting controversy.

Willow A113

Awards
Yes--"For the First Time." I know there were two other new songs at one point, but I think they might've been cut? I'm unsure. Although, no, I think Awkwafina's rap as Scuttle is still in there.
I didn't realize Scuttle was played by Awkwafina! That's pretty cool. Is Scuttle going to be female in this movie, or do they just have a female actor?
It was confirmed a while back that Alan Menkin and Lin-Manuel Miranda would be writing new songs.
Ooh, then we are in for a treat! Those are two of the best Disney songwriters, right there!
I personally found the reprise amazing, especially the ending high note. Like DAMN that girl can sing. She is the ideal Ariel for a live-action remake.
That's cool. I'm personally waiting to hear the full song when I see the actual movie. Same case with the other songs.
It's to mock Ariel for being black. Shocked the flock came in so late.
It didn't come in late- they're just louder now. The new trailer brought their attention to it.

I saw the trailer earlier and it looks great! I think this could end up being better than a lot of the other remakes! I liked everything about it except for the animal designs (Flounder is the worst; he's too realistic for any words to come out of him and yet they do and it's weird). It still looks a bit dark for my taste, but it's better than before at least. I'm happy to say I'm more excited about this movie than ever! (Let's just hope it's one of Disney's last remakes.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
These remakes are garbage and all of your are a part of the problem by supporting them
I quite enjoyed Cinderella, Aladdin, and I already have tickets purchased for TLM. Among my other enjoyed films are Cruella and Peter Pan & Wendy.

There are definitely bad ones, and Disney is very creatively bankrupt for making the amount they have at the rate they are going, but clearly they are doing something for somebody given they continue to make money.

WaltK

Awards
I quite enjoyed Cinderella, Aladdin, and I already have tickets purchased for TLM. Among my other enjoyed films are Cruella and Peter Pan & Wendy.
I think Aladdin is honestly a good movie. The animated film is obviously still better, but the remake absolutely holds up as its own thing imo.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
These remakes are garbage and all of your are a part of the problem by supporting them
Why are you coming in here to be negative? If you don’t like them, just don’t watch them. I don’t like most of them either, but I’m not going to treat it like the apocalypse if other people watch and enjoy them. But judging by your general opinions on race I’m assuming you just have an issue with Ariel being black. But it’s whatever, Ariel looks gorgeous and the songs sound good.

Last edited:

Sonofjafar

Awards
Why are you coming in here to be negative? If you don’t like them, just don’t watch them. I don’t like most of them either, but I’m not going to treat it like the apocalypse if other people watch and enjoy them. But judging by your general opinions on race I’m assuming you just have an issue with Ariel being black. But it’s whatever, Ariel looks gorgeous and the songs sound good.
actually i just want these remakes to stop happening and the fact that people are still paying for this crap pisses me off.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
actually i just want these remakes to stop happening and the fact that people are still paying for this crap pisses me off.
Please find some other hobby in your life than hating other people watching some mediocre (in your view) movies. This is such a weird hill to die on.

Do you really think yelling at us for discussing a movie in a thread made for it will make you look good?

Disney is cheap for profiting off of nostalgia with subpar remakes, but there are some of them I enjoyed and other people have too. It isn’t going to make or break your life.

Back