• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LostArtist

Awards
For a second I thought it said Halle Berry, and I was like... she's kinda old xD

disney233

Awards
Am I the only one who's fucking OVER this Live Action fad? Has Disney seriously scraped the bottom of the barrel that all they can push out are remakes and sequels? Good god.

LostArtist

Awards
Am I the only one who's fucking OVER this Live Action fad? Has Disney seriously scraped the bottom of the barrel that all they can push out are remakes and sequels? Good god.
I won't be over it until I get my hunchback remake. I wanted it ever since seeing the beauty and the beast remake with the new songs, especially Beast's song.

And the new little mermaid will have alan menkin and lin manuel miranda for music, I'm all in.

disney233

Awards
I won't be over it until I get my hunchback remake. I wanted it ever since seeing the beauty and the beast remake with the new songs, especially Beast's song.

And the new little mermaid will have alan menkin and lin manuel miranda for music, I'm all in.
Given how dark the Hunchback is, I...MIGHT be holding my breath on this one. Somehow it got a pass by Disney long ago, but...due to how dark it is, it MIGHT be tricky to convince Disney again.

LostArtist

Awards
Given how dark the Hunchback is, I...MIGHT be holding my breath on this one. Somehow it got a pass by Disney long ago, but...due to how dark it is, it MIGHT be tricky to convince Disney again.
I looked it up and it's actually happening omfg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
For a second I thought it said Halle Berry, and I was like... she's kinda old xD
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that. XD

They're both wrong as "Air Yull" and "Are Yell" are two syllables each while her name uses three. Pronounced exactly like the word "aerial".

Nope. I've been sick of it for ages, but they're gonna keep shoveling them out because they're so damn cheap to make compared to a fully animated feature.

Which makes it kinda funny they're even doing a Lion King remake considering it's that very thing. Then again, making the film utterly lifeless probably saved them a lot of money.

LostArtist

Awards
They're both wrong as "Air Yull" and "Are Yell" are two syllables each while her name uses three. Pronounced exactly like the word "aerial".
I'm gunna count the pronunciation of aerial as a vote towards 'Air Yull,' It wins this poll hahaha :p

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Happy about the colorblind casting. I would have been happy with Zendaya, too (unsure of her singing, though). I'll see it for sure, since TLM is at least my second favorite in the Disney animated film canon.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Halle Bailey is nice, but I wouldn't have been happy with Zendaya at all. I don't know if it's been posted here or not, but Awkwafina's been confirmed for Scuttle and Melissa McCarthy is heavily rumored for Ursula.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Still need casting for Triton and Eric. I think Idris Elba would be a great choice for Ariel's father

KHRULER

Awards
I've been following the Twitter war over their casting decision and it's honestly just disgusting. Some people really blew this out of proportion and made it all about her race and they are hoping for a flop. Keep in mind all of this is over a fish... I don't normally go to the movies and don't really care for disney remakes but I definitely will go for this movie just to spite the haters.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I think Idris Elba would be a great choice for Ariel's father

He could play anybody shirtless and I would not mind. Would still love for him to play Bond.

I've been following the Twitter war over their casting decision and it's honestly just disgusting. Some people really blew this out of proportion and made it all about her race and they are hoping for a flop. Keep in mind all of this is over a fish... I don't normally go to the movies and don't really care for disney remakes but I definitely will go for this movie just to spite the haters.

Honestly, these live-action remakes come to a screeching halt and that'd be just fine with me, but this one, this one I want to see thrive in the face of this pathetic behavior.

LostArtist

Awards
someone on twitter really just compared this to having a tangled remake, where rapunzel has no hair 🙃

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well, no one would like it if Dory was changed into a Bluefin Tuna in a live-action Finding Nemo either (please never let there be such a movie...) Or if Red XIII was changed into a Scottish Fold for the VII Remake. Ariel being a non-human character doesn't work well as a defense when you consider this would have to apply to all non-human characters.

Then there's the fact that people would be up in arms if this was the reverse, a white actress playing a character who was originally black. No one would take "she's just a fish" as real defense and would be even more pissed off at such reasoning being used.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Personally I can understand how this saddens some people but I think it gets too extreme when people start cussing at the actress and this huge Twitter war or whatever is just so unnecessary. Some grown people really act like little children, like „no, I don’t want the doll with the blonde hair, I want the one with the orange hair!!“.
People need to check their priorities in my opinion. Such a casting decision is no reason to cry around and be so furious... how much time do people have at their hands? I‘m mostly irritated by the folks who say that their childhood has been ruined, like... chill. You still have the original. One does not eliminate the other

I‘m not trying to diminish the „problem“ (I don‘t see any!) either or anything, but this whole thing is just blown out of proportion.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Personally I can understand how this saddens some people but I think it gets too extreme when people start cussing at the actress and this huge Twitter war or whatever is just so unnecessary. Some grown people really act like little children, like „no, I don’t want the doll with the blonde hair, I want the one with the orange hair!!“.
People need to check their priorities in my opinion. Such a casting decision is no reason to cry around and be so furious... how much time do people have at their hands? I‘m mostly irritated by the folks who say that their childhood has been ruined, like... chill. You still have the original. One does not eliminate the other

I‘m not trying to diminish the „problem“ (I don‘t see any!) either or anything, but this whole thing is just blown out of proportion.
^Right! Nothing wrong in taking issue with it, just don't be a crazy asshole about it. This goes for both sides. Just like it's wrong to scream like a spoiled brat and throw a temper tantrum over the change, it's wrong to mock and belittle those who have an honest, genuine issue with the decision.

Back