• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TheGingerCat

Re: The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake

How are they gonna do the underwater parts?
I imagine if they did make a live action Little Mermaid then the majority of the movie will take place on land. Either that or there's gonna be a whole load of CGI needed.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how they'd go about that.

There is also a competing Little Mermaid project at Universal with Chloe Grace Moretz right now as well

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I feel bad for the other live action film. I can't see it outpreforming a disney version.

Only a matter of time before The Lion King

TheGingerCat

The Universal version is going to follow the original Hans Christian Andersen version right? So at least the two will be quite different.

We'll probably get a live action version of every renaissance Disney movie apart from Pocahontas.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

Is there are list somewhere with the already released and upcoming live action reenactment movies? I think I've lost count.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Is there are list somewhere with the already released and upcoming live action reenactment movies? I think I've lost count.
So far the ones that were announced were remakes of Night on Bald Mountain, Aladdin, Mulan, Pete's Dragon, Beauty and the Beast, and now Little Mermaid.

If

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

At some point I half expect KH to eventually get a reboot comprised of live action remake worlds.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

This thread is a bit premature lol. A "The Little Mermaid" live-action remake hasn't even been green-lit. Disney has just been talking to a few producers about it but haven't put anything forward. Disney's Little Mermaid Live-Action Movie May Not Happen

Edit: Whoops, my bad you did say "considering".

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah I knew it wasnt confirmed that a remake would actually happen but I didnt know were else to put the news so I decided to just make a thread.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

just watch she's gonna be played by angela basset
Well, let’s be honest, while I would like Ursula to stay big and fabulous, Angela Bassett would fucking burn it down. Watch her in AHS: Coven or Hotel.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Well, let’s be honest, while I would like Ursula to stay big and fabulous, Angela Bassett would fucking burn it down. Watch her in AHS: Coven or Hotel.

i think she'd do good but that was targeted at the 2011 green lantern movie lol

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That would probably happen if the film was called Ursula, but this'll probably be a more straight re-telling with minor differences like Cinderella and TJB. I'd rather see Ursula than Cruella though...

Muke

whatever
Awards
Are they gonna remake everything Live Action? How about a CGI Remake for once?
gee

Back