• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
just let people dislike this movie, for God’s sake. Seriously, all you people do when someone tries to point out any flaws in these movies is silence them and pressure them into admitting their wrong
How, for the love of everything that is holy, is understanding but respectfully disagreeing with one point, and criticising the other for its logical flaw "silencing and pressuring people"?

Sonofjafar

Awards
How, for the love of everything that is holy, is understanding but respectfully disagreeing with one point, and criticising the other for its logical flaw "silencing and pressuring people"?
Because I and others have a right to have an opinion not matter how “logically flawed” it is. I don’t care how stupid you think my opinion is. I have a right to say Disney live action remakes have no soul and are dirt compared to the classics they are based on

WaltK

Awards
Because I and others have a right to have an opinion not matter how “logically flawed” it is. I don’t care how stupid you think my opinion is. I have a right to say Disney live action remakes have no soul and are dirt compared to the classics they are based on
You are, indeed, entitled to your opinions, but you need to stop perceiving every counterargument as a personal attack. Shit like this is why you were told not to come in here anymore.

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
just let people dislike this movie, for God’s sake. Seriously, all you people do when someone tries to point out any flaws in these movies is silence them and pressure them into admitting their wrong
They’re just disagreeing with someone’s point? Why are you always so hostile on here? No one here really cares that you hate the movie; we care about how every time you are here, you argue about people supporting it.

I’m pretty sure Antifa Lockhart warned you months ago about doing this, yet you are back at it again.

Last edited:

KHRULER

Awards
I found out that one legitimate grievance some people have with the movie is how Ariel is the one who kills Ursula with the shipwreck instead of Eric, with their reasoning being that the original was not only Eric's defining moment, but was also the point where Triton realised that not all humans were bad.

I guess I can understand the first point (even if I disagree; Eric has plenty of other great moments in this movie), but the first point doesn't really make sense. Triton wasn't even around to see the action unfold in either version, and thus could only rely on the word of his daughter on the matter, which he explicitly does in the remake ("I wasn't alone, Eric was with me")

And I don't see how "Eric can to help me" is any less of a guard drop on Triton's prejudice than "Eric delivered the killing blow".
I agree and I don't really understand that critique. I much enjoyed the idea of Ariel steering her own fate (no pun intended) and defeating her villain.

Some critiques I had were small. Ariel expresses in her song "For The First Time" if 'we're just food for them' or something of that sort. That's never really addressed or resolved.
Moreover, Scuttle also eats fish and does so in front of them yet everyone is seemingly unfazed by this fact. I understand that the emphasis on the animosity against humans is because of their destructive nature (like the murdering of Ariel's mother). It's a kids movie so I'm really not pressed over that aspect of the film but it's something minor I've noticed.

WaltK

Awards
Since we're talking about our personal criticisms of the movie: I still don't really get the point of Ariel not being able to remember that she's supposed to kiss Eric. Would it have somehow been less difficult to get it if she did remember?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Personally, I think Ariel should be the one who defeats Ursula since she's the protagonist, not Eric, but I didn't really like their method for doing it. That said, I did like the Giant Ursula scene for the most part. I don't think Triton's character has anything to do with the battle scene.

I think they made Ariel not remember in a bid to make Ursula more evil. Since in the original, Ursula is a pretty honest character as far as the deal's terms go and the fact that she really only retaliates towards Ariel's and Eric's attempts at violence rather than initiating the battle, it leaves a sort of open area in the original that Ariel and Eric are in some ways unjustified at the end. They probably wanted to sand off any edges of the protagonists (make them more bland, in other words) by making Ursula lie about the deal outright.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You are the only person being hostile here, dude.

I did warn you to cut it out.

Back