• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► The Lion Guard - "Let out a WILD ROAR!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venx

I'm definitly fine with the whole show and how they're teaching kids about africa and their animals. I just can't stand fartjokes in any media, even if it's for kids.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think it is quite time the adults stop critiquing a small children's' cartoon on the merits that it doesn't appeal to them.

what's gonna happen when these kids grow up and realize they were raised on shit

we need to start them young on breaking bad and game of thrones.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
All generations have their fair shares of shit and quality programming. I guarantee you there was LOADS of crap I watched. Just like I watched good stuff too. Kids just want to be entertained.

I haven't seen this, but I'm willing to give it a try since Lion King was my childhood. But even if I don't like it, I doubt it's a bad show for children to watch. Even if from what I read here 2 episodes were filled with fart jokes (as if Pumbaa was a saint)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
All generations have their fair shares of shit and quality programming. I guarantee you there was LOADS of crap I watched. Just like I watched good stuff too. Kids just want to be entertained.

I haven't seen this, but I'm willing to give it a try since Lion King was my childhood. But even if I don't like it, I doubt it's a bad show for children to watch. Even if from what I read here 2 episodes were filled with fart jokes (as if Pumbaa was a saint)

pumba was a saint god damn it. he spent the best years of his life raising simba.

Anagram

Banned

Likewise. Watched it, didn't care for it but I wouldn't call it bad either. More like good for children.

Patricier21

Ok, I'm officially calling it: if Pride Lands be featured in Kingdom Hearts III or some other Kingdom Hearts game, Sora & co. or whoever the protagonist is will become part of the Lion Guard, possibly replacing all members except for Kion and Bunga, as they are the two main/most popular characters and because the other three characters can easily be replaced. For example Donald ( Ona obviously) Goofy (Beshete) and Sora/progaontist (for Fuli) as they would have similar abilities.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
im calling it that the world would take place during lion king 2, which had better characters, animationprotagonists and plot.

Venx

Just saw "Can't wait to be Queen".............oh boy. I really dislike this "Bitch, I'm going to be queen. Outta my way"- Kiara and her Bitchclique is way worse than Bunga ever was. Not to mention that Simba is probably the most stupid character in the series, yet.

I still like the Hyenas, but the End of the episode was.....disappointing since Janjas face had such an awesome expression, combined with the voiceacting. Would rate the episode as bad as Bunga the wise, since both of them had SOME good moments.

Patricier21

Re: The Lion Guard(2015)

I actually have a couple of theories for where The Lion Guard and its members were during the later part of Simba's Pride

1) Quite simply they were off on another mission, which is not far fetch'd if you think about it. I mean, its like the Avengers, of which this show is partly inspired by: If the Avengers were responsible for helping out EVERY "big problem", then what would be the point of every other superhero existing in Marvel like the X-men, Spider-Man, SHIELD itself etc.? They specifically can't always help out EVERY problem of course. Besides, the Pride Lands and Africa itself is a HUGE place so they could have just been busy with something else.

2) Possibly, because of
Spoiler Spoiler Show

3) Very possibly, like with
Spoiler Spoiler Show
, Kion went off to form his own Pride, or even Lion Guard somewhere else outside the Pride Lands. Like I said, Africa is a huge continent after all, and the series is said to be set in Kenya, so Kion and the Lion Guard could have moved to another part of Africa. There is also a chance that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

As you can see, its pretty much common sense as to how it can still tie into the series. They were able to make
Spoiler Spoiler Show
, so they could find a way to make it work here. As
Spoiler Spoiler Show
, it is likely that they will find a way to tie it all in together, perhaps by the series finale if nothing else.

Venx

Or....it's an other universe, since Kiara's character is completly different.

Patricier21

Or....it's an other universe, since Kiara's character is completly different.

Not really if you think about it.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] The series likely takes place after she had grown out of her "What if I don't want to be queen? It's no fun" phase. She is likely in a phase of her life between this (her young cub personality) and her adult phase. Of course, once Kovu and the outsiders do show up on the show here and they will, then we should know once and for all what the show is in regards to Simba's Pride. [/FONT]

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I didn't really enjoy this. It was cute, but it lacked a lot in it. Kiara is pretty much a bitch cliche, the main character is bland, and I got bored through the entire thing.

Patricier21

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Another explanation could be that Kion and the Lion Guard could have been out looking for other lions to help Simba & co against Zira, and that these lions would produce the next generation of Lion Guard.[/FONT]

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Another explanation could be that Kion and the Lion Guard could have been out looking for other lions to help Simba & co against Zira, and that these lions would produce the next generation of Lion Guard.
That still really doesn't explain how Kion was completely absent during the entirety of Lion King 2. Both in person and in concept.

Makes more logical sense to leave the differences as an AU situation, or it'll just end up grasping at straws.

Venx

Not really if you think about it. The series likely takes place after she had grown out of her "What if I don't want to be queen? It's no fun" phase. She is likely in a phase of her life between this (her young cub personality) and her adult phase. Of course, once Kovu and the outsiders do show up on the show here and they will, then we should know once and for all what the show is in regards to Simba's Pride.

If I'm correct it's confirmed anyway that Kovu and the rest from the lion king 2 won't appear. That's a totally different universe and Kiara got upset about beeing Queen after Simba TOLD her in the movie what responsibilty it will be. Ofc you can make a lot of different theorys, but in the end you'll see that there's no connection between the storys. They would have to kill a lot of characters in a show for preschooler to make this canon.

Venx

"Eye of the Beholder" is a legit episode. I don't really like that the visuals from the hyena song is so extrem similar to "Tonight we strike", but I can live with that. But I hope they make more episodes like "The Rise of Makuu" that the hyenas don't become Team Rocket, appearing every episode and failing badly.

Anagram

Banned
Why are people arguing universes? What was Lion King 2? Nearly 20yrs at this point? 15? I highly doubt it's a forethought to the Disney people and least of all to the age group it's aimed at who likely don't even know of a LK2.

Venx

Episode 6 is as good as "Never judge a hyena by it's spot" in my eyes. I was really surprised to be honest.

Patricier21

I must say I was very proud of The Kupatauna episode for they avoided the cliche of reforming Dogo at the end of it, which deepened its moral of giving people a chance, even if they may not always turn out to be good.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I started watching and am a little confused. It's not bad, actually pretty cute and stuff. But Kiara confuses me really.
She's like the exact opposite of what she's like in TLK2, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back