• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The likelihood of II.5 (and I.5) being ported to PS4/Vita

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago

With Kingdom Hearts I.5 being requested a fair amount (Even though Final Fantasy Type-0 dominated the competition) in a blog post by Sony asking which games people want ports of (More Great Games Coming to PlayStation via Third Party Production Team – PlayStation.Blog), I'm wondering if SE would accept or decline Sony's request to port the games to PS4/Vita. I'd like to believe they would agree to it, but what do I know?

Of course, I wouldn't expect much of any graphical improvement, but just having the frame rate be increased would be good enough for me. Maybe even combine both collections into one game?

And in regards to the games being put up on Gaikai, I'm worried that my Internet might not be up to speed to run the game very smoothly, which would be no good.

(I'm aware that there's a thread asking whether or not these games will be ported to PS4, but: 1) I don't like bumping old threads and 2) I'd like to address the possibility of a Vita release.)

Last edited:

Zven

Re: The likelihood of II.5 (and I.5) being ported to PS4/Vita.

If you ask me it's very possible that they come to PS4, and PS4 has remote play so you could play it on Vita as well, and an official Vita version wouldn't be necessary.

I'm keeping my PS3 after I get a PS4 so I really don't care about a PS4 version.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'd much rather have those third party people focus on getting Type-0 released for the vita before I worry about any KH collections. And honestly, I'd rather hope they put it on Gaikai and then remote play it on to the vita (if they allow this functionality).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Why does no one ever want Type-0 on 3DS? At least that system actually sells.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Because the Vita and PSP are closer together, and it would be less work to get the game to work on the Vita (not to mention the changes they would have to make in order for it to all work on 2 3DS screens)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, while porting to the 3DS may seem like a good idea, it's probably not the most time efficient option for Square Enix to do. Porting to Vita would be a lot easier. I remember they've experimented on an HD Type 0 before so a PS3/PS4 version of Type 0 seems possible; well if BBS can do it in 2.5, maybe Type 0 can too.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

And even if Type-0 was to only hit Vita, people could still play it on their TV's via Vita TV, allowing them to experience the game on an informal "home console".

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, while porting to the 3DS may seem like a good idea, it's probably not the most time efficient option for Square Enix to do. Porting to Vita would be a lot easier. I remember they've experimented on an HD Type 0 before so a PS3/PS4 version of Type 0 seems possible; well if BBS can do it in 2.5, maybe Type 0 can too.
There's about 35 million 3DSes sold vs. 6 million Vitas. Odds are very likely it would sell SIGNIFICANTLY more units on 3DS, more than making up the difference in production costs.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com

There's about 35 million 3DSes sold vs. 6 million Vitas. Odds are very likely it would sell SIGNIFICANTLY more units on 3DS, more than making up the difference in production costs.
Regardless of that, the fact that it would take longer, as in more money spent, to develop it is not going to help them. They're already losing enough money as it is.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Not to mention they'd have to take into account how many people would buy it on 3DS, Vita version or not.

Best Case Scenario is that they port it to both devices.

And even if Type-0 was to only hit Vita, people could still play it on their TV's via Vita TV, allowing them to experience the game on an informal "home console".
Didn't even know there was such a thing.

nightless_moon

for me well i would rather have it on the ps3 since i dont have a job to get a ps4 sadly since getting a job here in ok stinks also if u are in a small town.

Gram

Banned
Awards
for me well i would rather have it on the ps3 since i dont have a job to get a ps4 sadly since getting a job here in ok stinks also if u are in a small town.

;A; I know your pain! My town is, quite literally, 2 miles in diameter.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Vəntus;6105010 said:
Regardless of that, the fact that it would take longer, as in more money spent, to develop it is not going to help them. They're already losing enough money as it is.

Doesn't take that much to port. Especially since development for PS4 is easier, faster, and cheaper. Plus Normura wants all HD games on a central console for where he wants KH3. KH3 will be on PS4, not PS3. He probably didn't anticipate that when he first started on the HD collections project. But now he needs to port eventually. It's the most common sense thing to do.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think it's completely plausible for Sony to request that the remixes be ported or streamed on Gaikai but I also see it as reasonable for SE to decline and focus their forces on other aspects. Porting it I almost don't even see as an option since the game just came out and I definitely would think they'd rather focus their time on something that isn't a few months old (given they port it after 2.5 or even between 1.5 and 2.5). Especially since I don't really see a market for 1.5 on the PS4 given they haven't told us before. Anyone who had a PS3 who plans on getting a PS4 has probably already bought 1.5 since, to their knowledge, this is their only chance to play it. Re-releasing it on the PS4 would only alienate those who first picked it up for the PS3.

axel95

Awards
I could see them doing a collector's edition of KH3 with 1.5, 2.5, and DDDHD. I would gladly pay $100 for that! Sadly, the most likely way to get 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 will be Gaikai.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think it's completely plausible for Sony to request that the remixes be ported or streamed on Gaikai but I also see it as reasonable for SE to decline and focus their forces on other aspects. Porting it I almost don't even see as an option since the game just came out and I definitely would think they'd rather focus their time on something that isn't a few months old (given they port it after 2.5 or even between 1.5 and 2.5). Especially since I don't really see a market for 1.5 on the PS4 given they haven't told us before. Anyone who had a PS3 who plans on getting a PS4 has probably already bought 1.5 since, to their knowledge, this is their only chance to play it. Re-releasing it on the PS4 would only alienate those who first picked it up for the PS3.
You know, they could just outsource it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
You know, they could just outsource it.

Even to outsource it, I think whomever they outsource it too could use their time better spent than porting a game that just came out that they didn't tell us was being ported (at least if they said it would be ported some people would have held out on buying the game to get the ported version)...

Son Goku

I'm sure 2.5 HD Remix has a chance to make it to PS4 as well, but it doesn't bother me. I JUST bought a PS3 JUST to import J-Stars Victory, but how could I refuse to get the HD Remixes of the KH series as well?! I sold my PSP long ago before I could play Birth by Sleep, so I'll be keeping my PS3 for W.5 HD remix just to be safe, then get the Xbox One so I can continue with the Halo series...not to mention KH3 will be on both that AND PS4 making everyone happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back