• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Lightning Thief

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aria

braver by the minute
I guess they could make a sequel, but they didn't mention the things that kept the book series going, so I doubt they'll make one. The ending wasn't one when you just know they're going to make a sequel, but it is possible.

And graphic wise the movie was pretty good.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I enjoyed this decently, after seeing it yesterday. It probably wasn't something I would have gone to see on my own, but it was better than I expected it to be.

Maybe I'll pick up the novel, how do they compare?

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Well, a lot of the events were different. Some events were even added. I give it a 4 out of 10 if you are comparing it with the book's events/story. The book's really good though, don't get me wrong. I thought it was an interesting read from a different perspective.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Honestly, even though I've heard that this movie was really bad, I enjoyed it. Visually, the movie was perfect. The Underworld and Hades' demon form were really awesome. As for the acting and the plot, they were acceptable. There were some rather funny moments, and Rosario Dawson's role as Persephone was to die for. Overall, I'd give Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief a 8.5/10.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
As someone who's never read the books before, this movie was pretty amazing. I'm a fan of Brandon T. Jackson (Grover) and found him extremely hilarious. I plan on reading the novels now, and hope they're improvements on this already impressive piece of work. I now understand why people who don't read Harry Potter enjoy the movies so much; they don't have anything to compare the films to. In hindsight, they really are alright standing on their own, just not comparable to the books themselves. Which is why I'm looking forward to reading these books.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
some other really bad generic film whose book counterpart was probably really good, which i can't remember the name of.

Eragon? Because the movie was total ass. Never read the books, so I wouldn't know if they're any good.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I saw it and I liked it.
It was good but it did not really follow the book at all.

LionHeart14

I've never heard of the books lol. And this is, for me, just kinda one of those movies that I'd go see with some friends if someone brought it up, but I'm really not like 'anxious' to see it or anything.
But hearing that it's nothing like the book it's based off of kind of makes me mad, even though I didn't know the books existed until I saw a preview for the movie. I'm tired of all these movie 'adaptations' of books being absolutely nothing like the book. Obviously every book-movie takes cinematic liberties, that's unavoidable, but the last several movies I've gone to that've been based off of books I've read have been absolutely nothing like the books -.-
That's why I really hope they decide not to make a movie of The Giver o_O

Anyway, back on topic. I'll probably see this movie eventually just to check it out.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
saw it just now

it felt kinda harry-potter-knock-off-y and i wasn't too impressed, i heard the books are supposed to be humorous so I might check them out

Roxas-XIII

Well i just saw the film the other day and i found it rather funny. Plus i liked some of the actors for their parts. I hadnt read the books before it but the film made me want to, so i just bought the first one and im realising how different they are. But still, i enjoyed the film, not the best, but i thought it was still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back