• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► The LGBT Help and Support Thread (v3)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinigami-Ven

Transvers-I Mean The World That Never Was
Oh horrible experiences with coming out, where should I begin

well, about a year ago I was kinda forced to come out to my parents and they treated me horribly for it, in rebellion, I started dating a guy over the web and was caught, afterwards, I was thrown into a religion I just can't believe in , yea, it's been hard

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan

well, about a year ago I was kinda forced to come out to my parents and they treated me horribly for it, in rebellion, I started dating a guy over the web and was caught, afterwards, I was thrown into a religion I just can't believe in , yea, it's been hard

What religion? :( and did you meet the guy over the web? and im sorry to hear it :( my parents are jehovahs witnesses..

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

And negotiate with them. They need to understand that you have your own life, that you want different things that aren't what they want for you. What you want isn't bad, it's just different to them. They just need to understand and come to terms with it.

For instance: My mother hated me playing Dungeons and Dragons with friends every Sunday session - so I told a lie and had them all come over, sit at the kitchen table, and play there, where the DM (one of my friends' dads who'd played D&D since the 1st Edition), explained to her in simple terms what the game was about.

It's all about communication. :S

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
And negotiate with them. They need to understand that you have your own life, that you want different things that aren't what they want for you. What you want isn't bad, it's just different to them. They just need to understand and come to terms with it.

For instance: My mother hated me playing Dungeons and Dragons with friends every Sunday session - so I told a lie and had them all come over, sit at the kitchen table, and play there, where the DM (one of my friends' dads who'd played D&D since the 1st Edition), explained to her in simple terms what the game was about.

That was a nice illustration and yes most parents think that D n D is bad because they saw on oprah some crap about kids killing themselves and others over it, so essentially the bad rumors about things are started by watching a tv show or the news that blows things out of proportion XD

Shinigami-Ven

Transvers-I Mean The World That Never Was

problem is tht I live in Tennessee, nothin but Southern baptist footwashers here, and my parents are so stubborn tht they never listen to reason.

for example: after coming out they never let me get a word in edgewise, just kept verbally abusing me with their logical fallacies, then screamed at me 'til all I could do was get into the fetal position and cry

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
what's the best way to tell your parents that you are bisexual?

i've been meaning to for a long time, but every time i am about to say it i stop myself and think about how many people my mom is gonna blurt it out to. it sickens me because she is the type to gossip EVERYTHING to EVERYONE she knows.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
problem is tht I live in Tennessee, nothin but Southern baptist footwashers here, and my parents are so stubborn tht they never listen to reason.

for example: after coming out they never let me get a word in edgewise, just kept verbally abusing me with their logical fallacies, then screamed at me 'til all I could do was get into the fetal position and cry

I live in Mississippi and trust me it's far worse down here than up there. If they won't give you talking room, then (at your own discretion and health risk) ignore them completely ( herpderp parents!) and simply go about your own business around the house doing everything they usually poke at you to do and simply don't acknowledge them.

Blank silence and zero attention is the worst possible thing you can do to another human being. But still, try to configure some way to make them understand. And no, don't throw school out the window, either - that's plain stupidity.

what's the best way to tell your parents that you are bisexual?

i've been meaning to for a long time, but every time i am about to say it i stop myself and think about how many people my mom is gonna blurt it out to. it sickens me because she is the type to gossip EVERYTHING to EVERYONE she knows.

Not entirely sure 8(

Death threats. Even though that wouldn't be possible :B

Just go slow and steady I suppose, or keep it to yourself :S

Last edited:

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
i'll probably keep it to myself until i start dating a girl or until she asks me.

also, never realized how many people lived in tennessee or mississippi until now.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
i'll probably keep it to myself until i start dating a girl or until she asks me.

also, never realized how many people lived in tennessee or mississippi until now.

I know I'm like the only person who lives in Mississippi on the Forums that I know of since no one else has really come out and said anything pertaining to it.

8(

Canada would be better.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
i apologize in advance for the absurd bump but i figure it's appropriate and would be better than making a different thread BUT:

should i come out to my roommate? I just moved in to college last wednesday and am having difficulty deciding whether or not i should. people on campus know i'm gay, and i'm on the verge of having a boyfriend so i would kind of need to explain myself if he were to visit regularly, but i don't know. thoughts?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Like anyone else would say it's up to you but personally, I think you should. You'd have to do it anyway in case he accidentally walked in on you making out with your boyfriend or something but the main thing you have gotta know is whether or not he's homophobic or gaysist.

Good luck :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You should or things will get awkward between you two fast. And if you want to have your soon-to-be boyfriend over, you probably want to lay everything out to your roommate to accommodations can be made.

:D Better to do it now while the semester is early and if your roommate isn't happy about it, you or him can work things out with housing.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
haha funny story the soon to be boyfriend kinda outed me to my roommate over skype xD the roommate took it well, hell, he figured it out for himself and hasn't treated me any different so no harm done :)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This thread is ancient. You guys might want to start a new thread before declaring what you are. xD So please make a thread instead of bringing up an old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back