• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► The LGBT Help and Support Thread (v3)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
Though I've never encountered any obstacles in my history as an open homosexual (that is, no one has done anything hurtful to me purely because of my orientation), I would be more than happy to support those who are having a tough time.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Welcome to the thread =).

I know this is kinda off topic, but hey, it's my 18th on Thursday <3. Here's hoping for an eventful year, since I'm off to Uni after the Summer holidays, and in July I'll be off to Egypt for a week [on my own with an adventure group full of strangers, mymy].

I wonder if I'll meet someone special~

-- Andy

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Well, here's a little piece of my story, for those who don't know.

I was born and raised in a very conservative home, one which was brought on by my mom. My dad has always been pretty carefree about various things, but my mom is your typical conservative Christian. Well, typical in many ways. As for homosexuality, well, she considers gays and lesbians to be less than human, the scum of the earth, and despicable people. As such, I have not come out to her. She's threatened to kick me out, physically harm me, cut me off, and various other things if I ever "turn gay."

The thing is, because of various circumstances and situations over the past few months, and also because of my lack of a girlfriend, I believe it to be pretty obvious at this point that I am gay. My mom even practically confirmed to me one night that she knew, though she also implied that she thinks I'm somehow fighting it? I let her believe it for the moment. She still insists that I meet more girls, talk to girls, flirt with girls, get a girlfriend, etc.

Because of my lack of freedom due to me trying not to let the wrong people find out I'm gay (people who would no doubt confront my mom about it), I haven't ever had a boyfriend irl, just a couple online. Neither of them really lasted that long, and neither ended well either, so despite the fact that I still like guys online (and like one right now, even), I've given up on actually dating online, it just doesn't work.

So yeah, I'm 20 years old and never been kissed, which people seem to find utterly shocking. xD I've never done anything with a guy for that matter, at all.

So there you have a piece of me, I might elaborate more later on. As for the no boyfriend thing, it does get to me at times. Right now I'm at a place where it's not bothering me, and I'm ok being single, but I know it will probably come back to haunt me in the future if I remain single. I'll just have to tough it out until I meet the right guy.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
i'm bi curious. whee.

and i live in a catholic household (ie only mom cares), and i'm in a heavily conservative area (read: bible belt/redneck country).

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Haha. I went to a private Baptist school, actually. =)

For all 12 years of it, the same school. o_o;

It did have some good things and bad things, though. Despite the strict rules and typical closed-mindedness, the academics were excellent.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
I go to a Church school, we have cathedral services and sing hymns in assembly, but it's not technically forced upon you. So many students are atheists, or of another faith, and sexuality, philosophy and other 'controversial' subjects are promoted. To be honest you can be as open as you'd like about anything and chances are you won't be heavily discriminated.

America sure does seem to have some extremes =/.

Anyway, Rich, you know my situation, I'm pretty much the same as you in terms of previous relationships. I'm not too bothered though, I love life, I have my friends, and I have something to aim for at University.

We'll find somebody some day. Until that time, live life and love it =).

-- Andy

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Well, it does in terms of private schools.

My school would kick people out for thing such as having sex, drugs, alcohol, and committing any form of crime.

And yes, being gay. Being gay meant automatic expulsion and never allowing one to return.

They typically wouldn't admit you to the school unless you openly confessed to being a Christian, and if you renounced your faith, they would ask you to leave the school and find somewhere else.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Well that's pathetic. So much for student welfare. Discrimination is supposed to be prevented, not encouraged.

Such is why I despise fundamentalism. Bloody hypocritical...

-- Andy

EDIT: Well, I'm off to bed now, watching a documentary on dreams =). 18 on Thursday <3 yum!

Last edited:

Ore012

One wishes to know but it is not paradise.
Website
www.youtube.com
Good Night Andy and Happy Early Birthday.

Well I grew up in a catholic family but hell, my parents would understand if I ever came out to them. I've never been to a catholic school ever. I don't think my parent could ever send me there. They're not that religious.

So I like this guy in my class but I don't think he likes me or does he? First off, he sometimes stares at me in class when I'm on the forums, maybe it's because of that.
Second we crossed paths outside of school, just never actually talked to each other, at my local mall because He sat like a table across from me right before I left.
Third, he gets a phone on a random day.
I don't know if I'm going crazy or not or it is his lifestyle. But I do think he's trying to get my attention. I think really or that I'm losing it. I have a crush on him I guess.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
You should try approaching him, and just talk to him. Not necessarily flirty talk, just get to know him, see what he's like.

Perhaps it could give you some answers.

Ore012

One wishes to know but it is not paradise.
Website
www.youtube.com
You should try approaching him, and just talk to him. Not necessarily flirty talk, just get to know him, see what he's like.

Perhaps it could give you some answers.

Well thats the thing.
I'm scared XD
Never would I try to approach him because then I get all nervous because He's not from my school he just goes to this school, that I go to and so does other students from other schools go to. I tried to talk to him during this project my teacher had assigned us a week ago, but I was too nervous to even say what's up or anything like that.
I've always had other people approach me.
I think I'll find the courage one day or tomorrow XD.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
I've never really crushed and hey, I'm 18 tomorrow. It's not that I'm incapable of asking someone out, I've just never met somebody I've fallen for, or who I'd actually be able to uphold a relationship with. I guess I've just found my own ways to control who I 'fancy'. I mean I see really attractive people on a daily basis, it's just a way of life.

If an opportunity arises for you two to talk, do so, he might be a great guy. Just don't expect anything big to come from it and work past your feelings, unless you know it can work.

Good luck =).

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back