• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► The LGBT Help and Support Thread (v3)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

There is, but, apparently that doesn't change anything in some people's eyes...

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
It is kind of weird. I wouldn't do anything like that with one of my friends.

A

Audo

He doesn't. I truly believe it is just an issue of trust and being comfortable.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If you think it's a deep-friendship or whatever, that's fine.
But it is quite abnormal.

A

Audo

What is so abnormal about it? The group of us were just sitting and cuddling in and around the couch. It was just a natural progression. There's nothing odd about fall asleep on someone's shoulder. People do it during long car rides all the time. =/

Plus, didn't you used to tell me stories with your straight friend/crush where you did a lot of silly huggy-like stuff?

C

Crossroads

What is so abnormal about it? The group of us were just sitting and cuddling in and around the couch. It was just a natural progression. There's nothing odd about fall asleep on someone's shoulder. People do it during long car rides all the time. =/

Plus, didn't you used to tell me stories with your straight friend/crush where you did a lot of silly huggy-like stuff?

Then why ask Audo ?

A

Audo

I asked because I wanted to understand what people thought was so weird about it.

Oathkeeper(:

Is it weird for a straight guy to hold another guy's hand and let a guy fall asleep on his shoulder/rest his head on another guy's shoulder?

Eh...I dunno if I'd consider it weird...I mean, he could just be affectionate? But I'm thinking he can't be all that straight.

EDIT: After reading some other poster's thoughts, I suppose you guys could have a deep trusting kind of relationship. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

C

Crossroads

Yeah, but still that's just something straight guys don't do...but whatever. Your friend.

A

Audo

Eh, whatever. Maybe you guys just know lame straight guys that are still plagued by society's thoughts on what is "normal" and "abnormal". Perhaps it just takes a straight guy who isn't insecure about his orientation to do that kind of stuff and know that it doesn't mean anything beyond a friendship level.

Whatever, I'm not complaining. I just thought it was weird how some people react to that kind of stuff.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Falling asleep on someone if you're in a car/on a couch or something isn't weird, really.
Holding hands is just an odd thing to do, really. It's not bad or anything, it's just abnormal. Call it society, or whatever.

frisson

Silver Member
Eh, whatever. Maybe you guys just know lame straight guys that are still plagued by society's thoughts on what is "normal" and "abnormal". Perhaps it just takes a straight guy who isn't insecure about his orientation to do that kind of stuff and know that it doesn't mean anything beyond a friendship level.
Nah guys tend to not hold hands with guys because they're not interested in them.

A

Audo

Holding hands is just an odd thing to do, really. It's not bad or anything, it's just abnormal. Call it society, or whatever.
You think so? Because the group of us are always holding each other's hands. Even the one who has a boyfriend.

Nah guys tend to not hold hands with guys because they're not interested in them.
I hold my friends hands and I'm not interested in them that way. It's just a friendship kind of thing.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Holding hands isn't generally something you do with anyone other than your significant other.
You guys are just the exception, I guess.

Allister Rose

French Lover
hey Audo! i took your advice....idk...she gives me hints that she likes me too but...idk...she's still against it. what can i do to win her over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back