• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Lego Games Megathread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's a good chance that this thread will be me talking about the Lego games to myself, but I hope there will be others who play the games or who have a franchise that is being represented in a game will drop in!

These are the games you can play on current gen platforms:

• The Lego Movie Videogame (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
  • Lego Jurassic World (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
  • Lego Marvel's Avengers (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
  • Lego Harry Potter Years 1-8 (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
  • Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
  • Lego Worlds (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC)
  • Lego The Hobbit (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
  • Lego City Undercover (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC)
  • Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC)
  • Lego The Incredibles (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC)
  • Lego DC Super Villains (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC)

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 is the latest release. There are three DLC levels that have been released - Black Panther, Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Cloak & Dagger. There are three more yet to be released - Runaways, Infinity War, and Ant-Man and the Wasp.

I just finished up the Cloak and Dagger DLC this morning. It, along with Runaways, have had their trophy lists sitting on the PSN servers for a few weeks now. I thought they would have dropped at the same time but Runaways seems to be a few more weeks away. It should drop before the Infinity War DLC in April.

Last edited:

Caxinuld

Awards
Didn't expect to see a LEGO games thread here. While I do enjoy them, I think they've kind of gone stale with little to no innovation, but I'm willing to give Marvel Super Heroes 2 a try. What does it add to the series of LEGO video games?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
There's a good chance that this thread will be me talking about the Lego games to myself, but I hope there will be others who play the games or who have a franchise that is being represented in a game will drop in!

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 is the latest release. There are three DLC levels that have been released - Black Panther, Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Cloak & Dagger. There are three more yet to be released - Runaways, Infinity War, and Ant-Man and the Wasp.

I just finished up the Cloak and Dagger DLC this morning. It, along with Runaways, have had their trophy lists sitting on the PSN servers for a few weeks now. I thought they would have dropped at the same time but Runaways seems to be a few more weeks away. It should drop before the Infinity War DLC in April.

There was a rumour about the upcoming games this year. They include Lego Incredibles 2 and Lego DC Villains. This rumour seems to be valid because of a pamphlet that comes with the Incredibles Lego sets.

DYnRE6zX0AAHLPc.jpg

I heard they were making sets based on the Incredibles, which I knew I wanted to buy even tho Legos are so pricey lol. But a game is just...I wonder who would even be playable? Since Lego games are known for having a ridiculous amount of characters.

Anyway, I still haven't done all the DLC in Lego Dimensions yet lol, and that was the one I was playing for a while as I love collecting physical Legos already and with Portal and Sonic and stuff I couldn't pass it up. I wanted the newest Star Wars and Marvel games but they just sort of got lost in the shuffle for me.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I scratch my head a bit at how exactly Incredibles is gonna work. Lego games are reliant on co-op, so what will they do for Mr. Incredible's solo missions in the 1st film or Elasta-Girl's in the 2nd? Also, unless the 2nd film is adding a LOT of new characters, it's gonna be a bit of a small roster.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Didn't expect to see a LEGO games thread here. While I do enjoy them, I think they've kind of gone stale with little to no innovation, but I'm willing to give Marvel Super Heroes 2 a try. What does it add to the series of LEGO video games?

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 is one of their worst releases in a while. It sucks because they really hit their stride with some games but there's always one that is just a mess.

This game is full of glitches and it is the only Lego game to constantly crash on me. It also rolls back a mechanic I really like from Lego Star Wars: TFA, in which you can do multiple constructions with one set of lego.

The quest structure for the HUB worlds are horrible. You have to find map points which will then show you all of the quests and races you can do, which is very 2007-2014 Ubisoft. 90% of the races have to be done in a vehicle which are awful to control, and there is one race that requires a motorbike and you only get two to unlock and one of them will ruin the race because it slides off the track 100% of the time.

The voice acting also took a hit because of the SAG-AFTRA strike so it is very jarring to listen to these characters.

And lastly, enemies are the worst to fight. They take like 10 hits before they go down because for some reason TT decided that even though your attacks will connect, they won't register as a hit. There's also enemies that come out wearing silver or gold armour so you have to swap characters to defeat them, and it will be Iron Man and it's a pain to swap out of him since holding down triangle just gets him out of his armour or puts his armour back on instead of swapping your character.

I did not enjoy my time with Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2. I really hope that moving forward the games go back to being actually fun to play instead of being a chore.

Anyway, I still haven't done all the DLC in Lego Dimensions yet lol, and that was the one I was playing for a while as I love collecting physical Legos already and with Portal and Sonic and stuff I couldn't pass it up. I wanted the newest Star Wars and Marvel games but they just sort of got lost in the shuffle for me.
I FORGOT LEGO DIMENSIONS FOR THE OP!!

Oh well, it's cancelled and too expensive. It can stay outside of it :p

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 is one of their worst releases in a while. It sucks because they really hit their stride with some games but there's always one that is just a mess.

Haven't played Ninjago but it looked a lot cheaper than many other lego games. They seem to be in an awkward transitional period following Dimensions' cancellation.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ninjango is a lot better than LMSH2. It’s a lot more focused and it doesn’t have any awkward or frustrating gameplay mechanics.

Ninjango does have zones instead of a full open world like recent Lego games, but that is because each level you go through is actually the zone and free play is just you going through the zone at your leisure instead of replaying the level.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So that information about Lego Marvel Super Heroes is concerning, so to clarify, the second season of Dimensions was horridly glitchy as well. Like, there games have always...not been the best with that imo. My Harry Potter games have had multiple issues for instance. But Dimensions was super bad the second season, which was a shame since it added all that new content.

That's sorta why I never finished all of it, even tho I bought a lot of the figures just cuz I really wanted them. Especially the ones they may never make again. Though they are making new Harry Potter sets, and there are rumors of real Powepuff sets this year lol so those two, maybe I didn't need to jump on so fast? Oh well.

Anyway, it sounds like they may be having some issues....I personally think they need to maybe slow down their releases?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
TT Games released some bundles digitally for their Movie and Superhero games

ImVentus

Awards
Does the early Lego based games count for this thread? like Pirates Of Caribbean, Indiana Jones? Those were some of the first ones I got to play.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, you can talk about any Lego game you want. I personally didn't play Indiana Jones, though my sister did. Pirates of the Caribbean was fun. I liked how they got the fourth film included.

My first lego game back in the '90's - 2000's was Lego Island 2.

maxresdefault.jpg

I loved this game. You had to warp through time in order to get pages from a book which told you how to build things so you can put the Brickster back in gaol. You went to a Medieval castle, a jungle filled with dinosaurs, and outer space.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I didn't know there was a thread for this! :O But I had the nagging feeling that someone will open one up and discuss stuff like this and I was right! :D

Uhh, I have Lego Marvel Superheroes for the PS3, Superheroes 2, Jurassic World and Avengers for PS4. I don't think I ever had the chance to play those games mentioned in the op, but here's hoping they'll release it on PS4.

Weirdly enough, I only buy them to play something else for a change. After all, playing either as an Assassin in all AC games or being Batman or Nathan Drake can be so tiring.. xD

Of course, KH3 will bring me back alive! xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Man, I forgot about this thread lol.

Here's 22 minutes of Legos Incredibles footage from IGN (they're not very good)

[video=youtube;h2viC_K3sJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2viC_K3sJM[/video]

Trophy list for it also came out. Absolutely watch Incredibles 2 since it seems you will go through that campaign first, then Incredibles 1 will follow. There's also a trophy in relation to Finding Nemo's Dory, which suggests multiple Pixar playable characters

And earlier this week TT Games formally announced Lego DC Villains, coming October 16th:

[video=youtube;UOqYaUQxZIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOqYaUQxZIQ[/video]

Set in an expansive, open world experience within the DC Universe, the Justice League has disappeared, leaving Earth’s protection to their counterparts from a parallel universe, who have proclaimed themselves as the ‘Justice Syndicate’. Sometimes, it takes more than a superhero to get the job done and it’s up to the player and a crazed group of misfits to uncover the intentions of Earth’s new, strange, wannabe superheroes. Joined by renowned super-villains: The Joker, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, Killer Frost, Sinestro, and countless others from the Injustice League, players will set out on an epic adventure to ensure their villainy remains unrivaled.

• It’s Good to Be Bad – The Injustice League won’t stand for second-best when it comes to villainy. Never have players ventured through the LEGO universe from the unique perspective of a villain. By embracing their inner super-villain, players will battle opponents, solve puzzles, and overcome obstacles using menacing pranks and tactics experienced best by being one of the bad guys.
  • Custom Built Super-Villains – Players create their own unique super-villain at the start of the game or choose from pre-set villain characters who will be the main character and center of the story. The look, style, abilities and back story of their villain can be customized. Players will unlock new abilities, powers and customizer elements as they progress through the story.
  • Outrageously Funny DC Comics Story – Players must fight evil with evil throughout an original, humorous story written in collaboration with DC Comics. Whether it’s Graffiti Spraying the city walls or using Fear Toxins to scare characters nearby and give them a fright, super-villains have full reign to use any tricks in their arsenal to stop the Justice Syndicate’s evil scheme.
  • New Locations to Explore – The game’s main hub is set in Gotham City and Metropolis, and features other DC Comics locations and landmarks including Smallville, Hall of Doom, Hall of Justice & the Justice League Watchtower.
  • Team Up Through Co-Op Gameplay – Friends and family can join the game at any time using the two-player local co-op experiences. Players can team up in epic boss fights and more.
  • Crime Hub Events – Separate hero and villain led crime hub events allow players to pull off a heist alongside other villains or take down the bad guys in heroic missions.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
New Locations to Explore – The game’s main hub is set in Gotham City and Metropolis, and features other DC Comics locations and landmarks including Smallville, Hall of Doom, Hall of Justice & the Justice League Watchtower.
Like none of that is new, except maybe Smallville.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Man, I forgot about this thread lol.

Here's 22 minutes of Legos Incredibles footage from IGN (they're not very good)

[video=youtube;h2viC_K3sJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2viC_K3sJM[/video]

Trophy list for it also came out. Absolutely watch Incredibles 2 since it seems you will go through that campaign first, then Incredibles 1 will follow. There's also a trophy in relation to Finding Nemo's Dory, which suggests multiple Pixar playable characters

And earlier this week TT Games formally announced Lego DC Villains, coming October 16th:

[video=youtube;UOqYaUQxZIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOqYaUQxZIQ[/video]

I think there were a few hidden characters leaked in the trophy pictures and it simultaneously excites and annoys me lol. Since I think most of them won't get traditional Lego figure unless they release them in a future Disney blind bag series or something... except Woody, he will probably be that updated version in Toy Story sets next year.

I don't really care about the DC game lol. But thats for the best, I am catching up on a few Lego games anyway, and the Incredibles will tide me over for a while.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
DC's definitely played out. DCV reeks of grasping at straws on ways to continue that brand.

Incredibles kinda benefits from being a "smaller" game, less than the usual number of levels and probably no DLC ones. It's not gonna wear out it's welcome by being overly bloated. These games all take too long as is. Still far from finishing Marvel 2 and haven't started the co-op run of City.

Still....the focus on custom characters in DCV is intriguing. I love character creation in games but it took until Marvel 2 for the lego games to get it right.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
DC's definitely played out. DCV reeks of grasping at straws on ways to continue that brand.
Absolutely. Like, I fail to see a reason why this should be entertaining. You could play as the villains in the previous games, and the third game tied them into the plot. I'm not sure what kind of angle they will take with this one that would be fresh and unique enough.

Incredibles kinda benefits from being a "smaller" game, less than the usual number of levels and probably no DLC ones.
I actually thought this game would not be able to have DLC of any kind, because of the nature of the game, so I was surprised that they turned the family vacation outfits into DLC. Thankfully that is just a character set, but it could open the door to DLC levels, if they wanted to.

DC has DLC levels though, as there's a deluxe edition with the season pass. I have a feeling the team behind Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 will be working on DC Villains, and I found the Marvel game to be a glitchy, broken, and un-fun slog so I'm fearful for DC Villains.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yeah, you can talk about any Lego game you want. I personally didn't play Indiana Jones, though my sister did. Pirates of the Caribbean was fun. I liked how they got the fourth film included.

My first lego game back in the '90's - 2000's was Lego Island 2.

maxresdefault.jpg

I loved this game. You had to warp through time in order to get pages from a book which told you how to build things so you can put the Brickster back in gaol. You went to a Medieval castle, a jungle filled with dinosaurs, and outer space.

Lego Island was my first Lego game!! In fact, one of my first on the computer. I'd always break out Brickster from jail with pizza haha.

• Lego The Incredibles (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC)
  • Lego DC Super Villains (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC)

Super helpful list. Perhaps we could put an average rating next to each one? I obtained average scores from metacritic and did my best to average them between the aforementioned systems. Added Lego Dimensions.

• The Lego Movie Videogame (PS4 / Xbox One / PC) - 74
  • Lego Jurassic World (PS4 / Xbox One / PC) - 70
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS4 / Xbox One / PC) - 83
  • Lego Marvel's Avengers (PS4 / Xbox One / PC) - 71
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC) -
  • Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4 / Xbox One / PC) - 78
  • Lego Harry Potter Years 1-8 (PS4 / Xbox One / PC) - 73
  • Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS4 / Xbox One / PC) - 73
  • Lego Worlds (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC) - 63
  • Lego The Hobbit (PS4 / Xbox One / PC) - 72
  • Lego City Undercover (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC) - 78
  • Lego Dimensions (PS4 / Xbox One) - 80
  • Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC) - 66
  • Lego The Incredibles (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC) -
  • Lego DC Super Villains (PS4 / Xbox One / Switch / PC) -

Feel free to add insight or objections to the scores given. Also change formatting if need be too.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Lego The Incredibles 2 is amazing, BUT as a forewarning you start out in movie 2 even though it covers both movies so if you don't want the story spoiled before watching the movie hold off. It loads slow between the open world and missions, but that seems to be a staple for the open world Lego games now and the cast of characters includes secret Pixar characters that are all really fun to see and play with too. The platinum trophy wasn't too difficult, of course there are tools that help make it easier, and much to my dismay another staple seems to be to remove one of the stud multipliers for a combo increasing the total for the last bit. Overall, I loved it though!

I haven't played as many newer Lego games, but I am pretty up to date on the older ones! Indiana Jones 1 and 2, Lego Star Wars, 2 the original saga, Complete Trilogy, and Force Awakens (never played 3), Harry Potter 1-4, 6-8 and 1-8, Lego Batman 1, 2, and 3, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and Lego World. I'm not really interested in any of the non-franchise Lego games (including Ninjago because that's Lego's IP) but I may play the missing ones some day. I really wanted Lego Dimensions but didn't want to get sucked into another Amiibo addiction lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back