• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Lego Games Megathread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was so glad that it was an easy platinum. I vastly prefer the Lego games that are easy in execution rather than just frustrating, like Lego Marvel 2. Gosh, I’m so nervous about Lego DC Villains since it looks like it will be by the studio that made Lego Marvel 2, and that game was a glitch-filled, exhausting slog.

Lego Incredibles was a breath of fresh air with how accessible and intuitive it is - just what I look for with the Lego games. It’s definitely along the same line of fun that Lego Ninjango had, so TruestSyn, I do recommend you at least look into that one. I have no interest in Ninjango at all but the game was certainly fun.

Lego Incredibles was the first time I went straight to the character creator and made some superheroes with the abilities that I wouldn’t have access to until later on in the game, and I cleared 99% of the open world before even starting the second level. I really prefer clearing out the open world before the story as doing it afterwards feels like an obligation whereas doing it before the story missions had me full of energy and excitement.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I was so glad that it was an easy platinum. I vastly prefer the Lego games that are easy in execution rather than just frustrating, like Lego Marvel 2. Gosh, I’m so nervous about Lego DC Villains since it looks like it will be by the studio that made Lego Marvel 2, and that game was a glitch-filled, exhausting slog.

Lego Incredibles was a breath of fresh air with how accessible and intuitive it is - just what I look for with the Lego games. It’s definitely along the same line of fun that Lego Ninjango had, so TruestSyn, I do recommend you at least look into that one. I have no interest in Ninjango at all but the game was certainly fun.

Lego Incredibles was the first time I went straight to the character creator and made some superheroes with the abilities that I wouldn’t have access to until later on in the game, and I cleared 99% of the open world before even starting the second level. I really prefer clearing out the open world before the story as doing it afterwards feels like an obligation whereas doing it before the story missions had me full of energy and excitement.

I did sorta feel a bit like it was an obligation, but what really got me was the load times for finishing stages in Free Play. It was atrocious, and if I missed something or messed up the bonus trophy requirement then I'd have to wait even longer to go again. I am a bit impatient sometimes because of my ADHD (I'm usually watching something, playing something, and sometimes have UX pulled up on my phone when I do anything) so it may not have been as bad as I thought. I will take your recommendation and try out Lego Ninjago then, you seem like a man who knows his Lego games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The load times certainly annoyed me for the Revelations special trophy. I swear, I could tap really fast, and the bar would fill faster than other times, and not get an Incredible rating on them so I have no idea how that’s actually calculated.

Soldier

Awards
Is lego Jurassic world any good? im contemplating downloading it onto my PS4 after seeing the lost kingdom in theaters. I thought it was pretty good, so why not play the game that corresponded to its prequel?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From memory, I enjoyed Lego Jurassic World. It has been a while since I played it though, but I think the open world was done really well, the puzzles weren’t too abstract (Lego games are notorious for having a handful of puzzles that don’t make sense), and riding around on dinosaurs is really fun.

The game is regularly on sale as well. I think it gets down to under $15AUD, which is a bargain.

Soldier

Awards
So would you consider it an easy platinum? after my latest fiasco I'm looking to take it slow this time around. This is my first lego game after all, grew up with the sets, never the games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My stats say it took me one week, two days to platinum the game, which is around the average time it takes for me to platinum one of the faster lego games.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Some of the hub world puzzles in JW drove me nuts. I think the PS3 version has glitches that prohibits 100% completion.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
The load times certainly annoyed me for the Revelations special trophy. I swear, I could tap really fast, and the bar would fill faster than other times, and not get an Incredible rating on them so I have no idea how that’s actually calculated.

I thought it was just my controller, so it's good to see I'm not the only one with an issue. On the subject of DLC worlds, I would really like them to ignore DLC for this game and work on better load times and a Lego Pixar game that takes a bunch of Pixar movies. I want Monsters Inc/Monsters University, Brave, Toy Story 1-3 as definites, Cars and Planes for racing cause all Lego games have racing segments, Bug's Life etc etc. I think that would be amazing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Some of the hub world puzzles in JW drove me nuts. I think the PS3 version has glitches that prohibits 100% completion.
I forgot about the PS3 glitches in Lego Jurassic. I'm glad I got the game on PS4, but man... You'd really think for these games they wouldn't have issues with getting people to 100%.

Actually, I stressed myself out thinking I had glitched my copy of Lego Incredibles because I thought I had everything done but the main menu showed I didn't have two red character bags open. I was like "I can't do this all again, it took me 16+ hours!!!

Turns out two of the challenges don't show up even with the red brick on and I had to complete those.

I thought it was just my controller, so it's good to see I'm not the only one with an issue. On the subject of DLC worlds, I would really like them to ignore DLC for this game and work on better load times and a Lego Pixar game that takes a bunch of Pixar movies. I want Monsters Inc/Monsters University, Brave, Toy Story 1-3 as definites, Cars and Planes for racing cause all Lego games have racing segments, Bug's Life etc etc. I think that would be amazing.
Nope, it seemed to be a game problem. I damaged my finger a little with the amount of button mashing I was doing in hopes of getting an Incredible rating on all the QTE's.

YES! I would love a full on Lego Pixar game. They have so much to pull from that it'd be great to see how they'd do it when they're not 95% restricted to one property. Bring back the hub worlds though, don't try and merge the Pixar universes together ala Lego Marvel 2.

Speaking of, apparently the final DLC for Lego Marvel 2 will be out this coming week. The Ant-Man level will mean I can finally get rid of this game and move past the horrors it inflicted on me.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I forgot about the PS3 glitches in Lego Jurassic. I'm glad I got the game on PS4, but man... You'd really think for these games they wouldn't have issues with getting people to 100%.

Actually, I stressed myself out thinking I had glitched my copy of Lego Incredibles because I thought I had everything done but the main menu showed I didn't have two red character bags open. I was like "I can't do this all again, it took me 16+ hours!!!

Turns out two of the challenges don't show up even with the red brick on and I had to complete those.

Nope, it seemed to be a game problem. I damaged my finger a little with the amount of button mashing I was doing in hopes of getting an Incredible rating on all the QTE's.

YES! I would love a full on Lego Pixar game. They have so much to pull from that it'd be great to see how they'd do it when they're not 95% restricted to one property. Bring back the hub worlds though, don't try and merge the Pixar universes together ala Lego Marvel 2.

Speaking of, apparently the final DLC for Lego Marvel 2 will be out this coming week. The Ant-Man level will mean I can finally get rid of this game and move past the horrors it inflicted on me.

RIP Chaser lol It must have been hard for you.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
RIP Chaser lol It must have been hard for you.
I would take the stress Lego Incredibles gave me over the stress of Lego Marvel SuperHeroes 2 any day.

Me praying to Traveller's Tales to have Lego DC Villains be the opposite of Marvel 2:

tenor.gif

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I would take the stress Lego Incredibles gave me over the stress of Lego Marvel SuperHeroes 2 any day.

Me praying to Traveller's Tales to have Lego DC Villains be the opposite of Marvel 2:

tenor.gif

You do remember how that scene ended, right? Lol I don't have high hopes for it, I feel like it's just going to be like all the other Lego DC/Marvel games, but with more Lego Batman movie style humor.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Lego: The Hobbit is on sale for $5. I think I'm gunna pick it and go for platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back