• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Legend of Zelda: The King of Evil

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Chapter: Prologue

And so it begins...

Hyrulian legend speaks of the three Goddesses, Farore, Naryu, and Din. Using their unique godly skills, they created the world, most fond of Hyrule. Close to none know of their father, Majora. After creating Hyrule, the daughters of the great Majora came to tell him of their accomplishment. Shortly before leaving, Farore created the Dekus, the proud race of the forest. Naryu created the wise Zoras, masters of the seas. Finally, Din created the Gorons, strength of Hyrule. Hyrulians still had centuries before appearing. Proud of his only three daughters, he gave them the gift of his own power. Din received much of Majora’s power, courage, and bravery. Farore received his ability to create, and to give life. Naryu received Majora’s power to love.

These three abilities combined together created the Triforce, an object of power even beyond Majora himself. As the three goddesses left to bestow their new gifts upon Hyrule, Majora quickly realized his mistake. Alas, it was too late. Much of his power was gone, so he could not stop it. Without the ability to love, he became corrupt. He took on a material form, becoming a God of Death, unable to experience compassion or any emotion other than envy, power, and fury. He ripped open the heavens, casting dark clouds over the world. His daughters did not realize it was their father, but quickly put the Triforce under the protection of the only being who could protect it, The Goddess of Time.

Majora, now a God beyond all evils, instantly sealed away his daughters. Past the realm of Light, Darkness, Twilight, and just beyond the edges of Time, they were locked into the Realm of Nothing. He soon began a conquest, to destroy his daughter’s creations. However, since he had given his daughter’s most of his power, and their power was infused with it, he could do little to the land. So, he waited, until the time was right....

Time passed, and despite how loudly they cried, the three goddesses could not find help out of the realm of nothing. Until one day, many centuries later, The Goddess of Time heard their cries, just barely, at the fringe of time. She heard their plea, and heard their story, but she was unable to free them. However, there was something she could do...Calling upon the flows of time, she revived the first of the Dekus, the source of all life in Hyrule. A short deku child, now known as a Deku Scrub, appeared before her. She told him his mission, and promptly named him Link, the link to the past. She created emerald green traveling clothes for him, and blessed him with power. She did not know of Majora’s trap.

After blessing Link with extraordinary power, he continued to absorb it. Unable to stop, the great Goddess of Time lost all of her power to Link, and was thus cursed to be a Hyrulian. Luckily, the great goddess wasn’t well known, and could keep her name. When she would waken, her parents would name her Zelda, just as she had always been. Majora cackled on his great throne in the dark clouds, he had defeated his only adversary. By cursing his daughter’s first life, he knew that Zelda would try and help them by using her power. Now that she was out of the way, he could begin.

Zelda’s last words as a Goddess gave the Deku Child one last mission, “Find the Sword of Evil’s Bane...and stop the newly proclaimed King of Evil,” she paused, looking into the future, “...And his son.”

---
I promised to keep up with this one, guys. I'll be writing two chapters at a time, so if I fall behind, I'll be okay. :3

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Last edited:

Savior of Dawn

Chapter: 1- The Birth of a Hero

...And so it begins

Deep in a woods untraveled, a green flower pulsated. It bloomed, dropping a napping Deku out onto the forest’s mossy ground. Link woke with a jolt, his eyes adjusting to the light. He was approached by another Deku Child, pink blossoms created a halo of coral-pink around her head,
“Link! The Deku tree’s been looking for you! He’s called a meeting, something’s wrong. Come to the Deku Grove.” Link nodded, the yellow blossoms on his head flopping slightly. Nobody knew why, but Link never spoke.

As Link headed toward the grove, the scuttling of leaves echoed through the darkness of the forbidden forest. He noticed that when the messenger had said the great deku tree was calling a big meeting, she had meant it. Dekus from the fringes from the forest had shown up, even some forest sentries had come for their battalions. He heard a sigh from the middle of the gathering, a slight breeze quickly flowed over the Dekus’ blossoms, the deku tree said in his aged, wise old voice, “Is that everyone?” The messenger that had woken Link earlier nodded, whispering a few short words. The tree raised his voice, calling out to his people,
“We are in grave danger. Recently, a sentry contacted me and alerted me to an attack. The hyrulians have suffered much losses recently, and they are out of lumber and various forest materials. Before, they had simply traded with us, but now that they have nothing, they are attacking. One of our sentry bases has already been burnt down.” Leaves rustled angrily throughout the grove, several voices cried out in outrage. The tree sighed and nodded (As best he could, which was simply rustling his topmost leaves) “Aye, a great outrage. We must pick up arms and defend ourselves, but be merciful if you can. Remember: Balance is the key to life, we must preserve the Hyrulians. It is also my thought that an evil being has started to drive the Hyrulians insane. Deku sentries! Report back to your battalions and prepare for battle! We strike as soon as their army reaches the horizon. I will be sending out two more teams of messengers to the mountains and the ocean, to warn our allies. My people, defend our home!” The crowd cheered, and dried leaves exploded into the air. Scrambling and flying over each other, the Dekus went to defend their home.

Link was grabbed by a soldier, and dragged off into a hollowed out tree. “Link! You’re the best fighter in your grove, we want you in the infiltration team, we’ll be sending you in after the negociations are over. If there is any.” Link nodded, and the soldier suited Link with a light set of armor, mostly made of yew, and an oak helm. He strapped a belt with many small bags on it, (mostly containing Flash Deku Seeds and a Deku leaf.) onto Link. Finally, he handed him a long Deku stick, carved to be slightly sharp, it just about a head taller than Link. “Good luck, soldier.” he said, patting Link on the shoulder. He lead Link to a group of other Deku children, dressed as Link. They all nodded at him, silent as he had always been. One, who seemed to be the leader of the group, lead them off to a large, bush filled area.

They waited, their leader watching silently in the underbrush, waiting for a sign. At about mid-afternoon, they had sent over a negociation team to the Hyrulian army. It was nearly sundown, and still no response. Their leader twitched, he smelt fire. Over on the horizon, a small bonfire was made. They closed their eyes and prayed for Farore, they realized the fate of their comrades. The leader held up his hand, gesturing to stay still, the attack would commence shortly. A horn blared, one from the field, one from the forest behind them. Dekus rushed from the forest, a miniature forest compiled with fury and compassion charging toward the Hyrulian army. They retaliated, archers firing flaming arrows, and turning behind iron-clad warriors who slashed without mercy. Deku archers fired, hidden within the trees. Despite their armor, Deku archers were accurate, many warriors fell. The archers had re-loaded, and fired again onto the front line. This time, Deku shields blocked the projectiles, and soon the flaming blocks of wood were thrown at the exposed archers.

Link laid silently on the ground, hearing the death rattles of ally and enemy alike, his heart pounding against his wooden chest. The hyrulian army had just pulled out their bombers, burly men threw bombs into the first of the deku soldiers, and a catapult shot a enflamed boulder, landing on the already explosive projectiles. The explosion was catastrophic. The first battalion of Dekus were burnt to a crisp, and the next had to attack before they could reload. Link’s leader gestured for them to split up and get behind enemy forces, they had to attack from the inside. Link quickly scaled a nearby tree, a scorched Deku archer lay still against the trunk, his bow and arrows unharmed. Link frowned, closed his eyes and shook his head, grabbing the archer’s bow and arrows. Using his deku leaf, he lept from tree to tree. He was soon behind the enemy’s attack line, tents filled with resting soldiers and commanders lay, fully exposed, before him. He smiled.

Link hurried through the dimly lit tents, he considered how lucky he was that it was night. He hadn’t been told what he was supposed to do, but he figured taking out the commanders would confuse their army. He looked for the most important looking tent. The largest, most intricately decorated (and best lit) we close by. He lay down in the grass, blending into the surroundings. Edging closer to the tent, he heard voices.
“...Was Zelda left in proper care, Ihma?” A tall, thin figure nodded inside the tent,
“Yes, sire. I left her with a group of our best Sheikahs, and my personal guard.” The larger, significantly fatter, figure relaxed slightly,
“Good. She is my only heir. I really don’t know why she was so upset about not coming, though.” The tall figure shrugged,
“She’s rather independant, perhaps she wished to learn of our wars of war?” The large figure shook his head,
“Even if she wanted, a young girl shouldn’t learn of such horrible things. I didn’t even want to proceed with this attack, but the people demanded it.” The tall figure came down onto one knee and bowed their head,
“The wisest king must let his people rule some of the time, sire. I must leave.” The large figure waved his hand,
“Begone then. I must check with my general, anyways.” Link heard the tent flap open, and the tall figure stepped out. It turned around and stared at the spot where Link was. Link knew the figure could not see him, so he quickly scanned over the person. The figure’s face was mostly wrapped, though two yellow eyes and a brow of pale skin was exposed from the bridge of the nose and up.A white-ish golden hair was at the top of the head, pulled back into a medium length ponytail. The body was covered in a deep blue, tight, yet armored, set of clothing. Female, Link realized. The sheikah smiled, and said quietly, “Little wooden warrior, I see your source. Take good care of her.” and walked off.

Link, after his sheikah encounter, had realized this was King Hyrule’s tent. He knew he couldn’t take on the king, he’d have too many guards, and there’d be no point anyways. The King himself had said he didn’t want this battle. He crawled his way to the tent next over, most likely one of Hyrule’s generals. Still crouching in the brush, he entered the tent.
“Who’s there?” asked a voice. A tall man bearing two swords on his side (One long, and one short) had turned around, his short black hair deeply darkened by the dim candlelight. He was well armored, probably preparing to go into battle. His armor had very few weak points, save for a free thick ropes tying it together to keep it on his thin body. He noticed Link, “and who in the underworld are you? A little wooden warrior?” , Link nodded, “Ah, you must be an infiltration member. Fine, then you have wounded my honor, and I challenge you to a duel.” He drew his long sword, setting the shorter one onto his table.

Link had simply meant to knock out some of the leaders, he would never kill (Just as the Deku Tree had said) but he didn’t think one would fight back. Link wasn’t exactly the brightest leaf on the tree. He pulled out his sharpened deku stick, glaring at the general. He laughed, “A stick? En guarde!” The man swung his sword, Link rolled out of the way, picking up a small stone on the floor. Before the man could right himself, Link threw the stone with all his wooden might. It connected with the general’s helmet, knocking him cold. Link litterally jumped with joy. Curious, he walked over to the general’s table and picked up the short sword, abandoning his sharpened deku stick on the floor. He pulled the blade out of it’s sheath, he had never seen a metal blade before. He smiled slightly, and tied the sheath to his back. Laid out on the table was a map of the Hyrule kingdom and its surrounding areas. The general was seemingly already planning their way back. He rolled the map up and tucked it away in his belt, too.

When Link left the tent, the fringest of the forest had been set on fire. Most of the tents were empty. The battle had reached its climax as soon as he had begun his job. Overhead, a small group of Dekus floated with their blossom helicopters. One exploded into bright pink flowers, and the messenger from earlier landed in front of Link.
“Link!” she cried, “The Deku tree has called for a retreat! He’s going to create a magical barrier around the forest to prevent anybody from entering. Before we left, he asked to find you and to tell you to go to Hyrule. I don’t know why, but he wants you to. He said that you’ll need a bow and arrow to get into the castle. Good luck, I’ll be at the Zora capital. Maybe we’ll meet again soon?” Link nodded, and the messenger laughed, “Oh, I almost forgot.” She pulled out a deku shield, “This is for you. The Deku tree himself made this, so it won’t set on fire. Boy, are you lucky.” She waved, and took out her blossom helicopter, joining the other messengers. Link fit the shield onto the sheith of his new sword. He dropped all of his armor, leaving even the gauntlets onto the enemy’s floor. A bright flash came from behind him, and as the sun’s last dim light fled from the forest, a green barrier surrounded what was not burning. He sighed, pulled out his map, and headed east, toward Hyrule Castle.

...And so it begins

---

Came out a wee bit longer than I expected. : /

And a just-so-ya-know, the '...And so it begins' is like a tag, showing the beginning and end of each chapter.

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Last edited:

Savior of Dawn

Chapter: 2- Hide Yourself

...And so it begins

Hyrule was much larger than the map indicated. Luckily, as a child of Deku, he knew his way across the earth. Still, in an unknown area, the trip lasted Link three days. He had followed the path of the Hyrulian army, since it was most likely monster free. Arriving at Hyrule, he knew he was out of his league.

Even as a Deku child, Link understood how massive and fantastic the architecture of Hyrule castle was. It was so large, the town itself was enclosed within its borders! He worried, as a deku scrub could, and worked his way across the moat. The bridge was closed, but being small and made of wood, some water and a hole for waste was no matter. Inside, it was dead silent. Link surveyed the square, there were obviously villagers in the town, but no one was giving any sign that they were there. Or even alive.

Link assumed that when deku tree mentioned Hyrule castle, he meant the King’s court. He pulled out his bow and held a few arrows lightly in his hand. If the army was attacking his home, he would no doubt be attacked individually. The beautiful stone fountains drizzled water, everything became much prettier as he trekked forward. He rather doubted he was heading toward the slums.

When he reached the gate, there were no guards, not anywhere, even behind the iron wall. Then, he noticed it. A giant repulsive eye was floating above him, contained in some magical barrier above the wall. It was bloodshot, and had a red and black pupil over a sickly yellow iris. It noticed him, and shot a short laser-blast of heat. Link barely caught it with his Deku shield before it hit him. He rolled to his side, notched an arrow, and fired directly into its iris. A high pitched screech game from it, as it exploded into a black sludge. Link shrugged and pushed the iron gate open, its creaking hinges explosively loud in the silence. As soon as the creak echoed across the courtyard, Links eyes blanked for a second. A bright flash blinded him, smoke appeared, and all was dark.

When Link awoke, he was surrounded by a group of figures, much similar to the one he saw at the King’s tent. The voices were mainly female, save for one male.
“Are you sure this is the one?” said one,
“He fits the description, but I’ve never been able to tell Deku children apart”
“He must be, he made it all the way into the castle!”
“Any decent archer could do that.”
“What about his clothes?”
A few ‘ohs’ of realization came from the figures,
“You’re right, its just like the princess said.”
“Green as the forest, not many Dekus wear clothes, do they?”
“So it’s him then? Let’s wake him up.”
A sharp stench reached Link’s nostrils, his eyes burst open, watering. The group of figures around him were similarly dressed to the King’s shiekah, though their coverings varied. One wore a pure-white mask, with humongous bug-eyes. The pupils were large enough for the eye slits to not be noticed. The masked one pulled Link to his feet.
“Come now, Deku Child. Zelda awaits.” The name seemed familiar to Link, but he couldn’t place it. He didn’t really have a choice, though. They led him through a small, indoor garden. In the middle was a medium sized fountain, the water spurting from a group of three triangles at the top. In front of it was a young woman in a dress. She turned.

She was undoubtedly royal. If it wasn’t from the purple embroidery and fantastic jewelry decorating her dress, her features gave it away as well. From the perfectly pointed ears to a sharp, yet smoothly defined, face. She smiled, and put her hands together, looking right at Link. She then frowned, after seeing his form, and bent down to come face to face with him.
”This won’t do. The Hyrulians will slaughter you in a second in this form.” She touched the triangle pattern on the chest of her dress (Just like the one on the fountain) and it shined, she then touched Link on the forehead. A warm, tingly sensation flowed like a wave throughout Link’s body. He suddenly felt heavier, and much taller. When he opened his eyes, he was face to face with Zelda, who was now standing. He looked down at his body, no longer wooden, soft and pale. He looked up at Zelda, who laughed. “Don’t worry, you’re not exactly Hyrulian. Though, you’re not really Deku either. Kind of, inbetween. I doubt anybody will question a 14-year-old boy running around with a sword. Plus, it makes it easier to be around somebody my own age.” She smiled again. Link shrugged.

“Link...” Zelda voice dropped to a saddened tone, “I can’t tell you much now, but I need you to do something for me...” She was looking him in the eye now, “Somewhere, in Hyrule, there is a stairway-though it is in a tower- that I need you to find. I know where the tower is, but the door is locked. The only way to get the key is to get a piece of Iron-Steel from the top of Mount Doom, a branch of Golden Coral from Hyrule Lake, and the sap of a Deku Tree from the forbidden forest. Those together will make the key. Once you’ve made it, you can walk up the stairs to heaven, where a great evil is presiding. This evil has cursed Hyrule. Crops are failing, people are being driven insane,” she stopped, and sighed, “And wars are being waged.” Links mind flashed back to his home burning. “Will you help me?” she asked, holding his hands. Link nodded, and the masked Sheikah put his hand on Link’s shoulder. The flash happened again, but when the smoke cleared, Link was awake. The masked sheikah was before him, they were at Hyrule field. “Here,” he said, removing the mask from his face. He looked similar to the sheikah from before, only his features were more masculine. He smiled, “I’ve always found this mask to bring me good luck, and it lets me breathe in smoke and water and still live. Good luck, boy.” He pulled out a handful of white powder, “You’re going to need it.”

The flash again, leaving Link alone. He checked his map, a red X was marked north of Hyrule Castle, titled “Iron-Steel” So, Link headed north.

...And so it begins

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Last edited:

Savior of Dawn

Chapter: 3- Prince of Evil

...And so it begins

The heavens were shrouded in darkness, Majora was not happy. Something was wrong, but he did not know what. Zelda was now drained of power, and was most likely dead, at least she ws out of the way. But had she succeded in making the Hero of Time that had been prophesied? So far there was no sign, but Majora could not last long. Despite his curse on Hyrule, he had only forced the Hyrulians to attack the forbidden forest, and without success as well! If only he could directly affect the offpsring of his daughters...

But it was impossible, he could only bend his own people. He had to make them attack the others, but they were too strong. Unless..
He moved the clouds slightly, and eyed a deserted area of his daughters’ world. A stone city of many women lay under his eye, he smiled.
“Ah, the Power Triforce’s children. Cursed by my Din’s fierce feminism. I shall grant them a gift of terrible power, useful for the both of us.” He stopped, pondering cruelly, “Well, mostly me.” Though his powers weak, he sent down an aura of darkness into their current King, the first man born ever since the beginning, 100 years ago.

Below Majora’s malevolent ray of evil, the King of the Gerudos, Ganondorf, stood proud. His mother had told him the tales that, thanks to him, the Gerudos had been saved. Now every generation they would have a king. Female gerudos were born deadly warriors, so he must have been a demi-god at birth. At the supple age of 30, he had at least another good 90 years in him before he risked old age.
“Gerudos have long lives, you’ll no doubt live to see your son take your place.” he recalled his mother praising. He smiled, stroking his fire-red beard, until it hit him.

His guards took little notice at first, mostly waving it away as a trick of light by the lanterns. He twitched. His naturally deeply tanned skin turned a dark, green, yet not sickly. Like an emerald of pure evil, his skin became a shadow of his old. He grew in size, a feat for a Gerudo man, since he was already a fairly large man. His muscles defined themselves, his nose became more prominanat, his eyes changed. The iris indefinable, only describable as evil. Before the guards saw the change, he disappeared in a shadow.

“Dear boy” said a voice impossible to be worded by man. “Tell me your name.”
“Ganon” replied Ganondorf, realizing his voice had deepend much, layered with power,
“King Ganondorf, Man of the Gerudos, Son of Nali.” The figure of evil held up its hand,
“Nay, you are wrong. You are now son of Majora, King of Evil. And, you shall be crowned...” he placed a ring around Ganondorf’s forehead, encrusted with a darkened ruby, “Prince of Evil.” Ganondorf was on one knee now, bowing to his lord. “Dear Kin- Father. What of my sword?”
Majora grinned, evil was even in his enamel. “My dear son, I shall grant you my last item of power, the sword I wielded even before my Daughters’ gift. It has been infused with evil, just as me.” he paused, grinning, “I long ago named it Master Sword.” he called upon it, making it appear in a cloud of dark smoke and shadows. It’s blade was a black-green, similar to Ganondorf’s new skin, its handguard a shadowed gold, handle fashioned of deep blackened leather. The sheath bore similar darkened green and gold. Majora noticed Ganondorf’s size and increased it as much as he could, making the end of the blade curve and spout at the end, giving it the look of an executioner’s blade.

Ganondorf smiled at his gift, and attached it to his back, matching his armor, which was now blackened simply by being near Majora. “Thank you father, what must I do to repay you for such a divine gift?” Majora pointed down below the shadowed clouds.
“Below you is the enemy of all evil. I am not sure whether or not it is simply my duaghters’ people, or it includes a Hero created by the Goddess of Time. Destroy all of them. Burn the Dekus, drowns the gorons, shock the Zoras. Leave the Hyrulians to me, I will corrupt them.”
Ganondorf bowed again,
“Thank you, my lord. I will not fail you.”
Majora’s figure smiled -in what way it could- “My son, you can’t. You are the first Demi-God made into a God. Better yet, you are the first God to originate in evil. You cannot die.” Ganondorf grinned back, “Thank you father, I will remember.”

The clouds parted, and Ganondorf reappeared on his throne. The meeting was merely an instant in the mortals’ realm. His guards did not notice. He swept his cloak across, creating space for his expansive legs. “Guards!” he shouted, making his escourts jump slightly due to his voice, “Take care of the palace. I’m taking a trip to Hyrule.”

...And so it begins

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back