• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Legend of Zelda: The Imprisoning War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
KNOWLEDGE OF THE SOURCE MATERIAL IS NOT NECESSARY TO TAKE PART IN THIS ROLEPLAY

It’s hard to say how long it’s been since the war started, but I don’t think I’ll ever forget how it began. The look of urgency in the princess’ eyes as the one who would soon proclaim himself our new king quickly made chase is on that I will never forget. I can still remember the tone in Captain Lyon’s voice as he told us to retreat. The king was dead, the power of the knights had been greatly weakened, and the “hero” the princess spoke of was nowhere to be seen.

It wasn’t long after that day that “his majesty” began his full-scale attack. In not even a month he had taken the castle, and with it the surrounding town. We stayed for as long as we could, but before long General Faire gave the order to retreat. Citizens of the town escaped when they could, but many were unable to make it out during the assault. We were ordered to regroup at the lake. We were told that in the time of crisis, the Zora people would come to aid us.

The lake had dried up, and word quickly reached us that the Zora’s Domain had somehow been frozen. It would seem as well that someone had leaked our plan to one of the agents of the Dark Lord, and we were ambushed at the lake. The majority of our forces were wiped out that day, it was all we could do just to escape and regroup. The battle of Lake Hylia dealt the largest blow to our numbers, and since then we have been unable to get even close to our previous strength.

I would be lying if I said that my small group of surviving guards was the last, however since the battle of the Lake, we’ve changed our style greatly. No longer able to compete with the sheer numbers of the dark forces, we’ve begun instead assaulting supply caravans and performing sting operations in order to gain an upper hand however we can. This has carried on for years, and in this time we have watched our once wondrous land slowly descend into the hell it is today.

It would seem that if we are to return this land to it’s once peaceful and prosperous state, our only hope lies within this young man who calls himself “Sheik.”

Setting: The setting for this roleplay will be Hyrule just before Link awakens as the Hero of Time in the Temple of Time and begins his quest in order to defeat Ganondorf. However, as you may have gathered we’re going to have to do a few things in order to make the roleplay work. One of the most important things is going to be adding a few things here and there to the map and the environment. This will mean that Hyrule field won’t be nearly as barren as it is in the game, and a lot bigger. When I say adding more to the environment, I mean a few small settlements here and there, a lot more vegetation, and various other places that suit our needs.

Rules:

• There will be no killing of another person’s character unless given permission by the other person, and you both run it by me.
  • Every character must be a guard.
  • You may not play Sheik, I will be controlling him for the brief periods he interacts with our characters.
  • Follow the guidelines within the template I wrote.
  • I reserve the right to request that you make any corrections I see fit to your character, as well as the right to remove you from this roleplay if I deem it necessary.

Character Template:
Name:
Weapons: I’d like you to keep in mind that throughout the majority of the seven years the characters have been on the run. Thus, they shouldn’t possess any weapons that would give away the fact that they are affiliated with the guards. By this I mean that they wouldn’t be as well equipped as they would have been before everything went to shit.

Inventory: If your character carries flint, a pictograph of their family, or any other miscellaneous objects I’d like you to write that here.

Skills: By this I mean whether or not they’re particularly good at mixing herbs to make medicine, tracking, stealth operations and other things like that. I don’t mean that your character has the ability to shoot lasers from their sword, because that’s impossible. Hylians cannot use magic unassisted by ancient artifacts or supernatural beings.

Appearance: I’d like you to describe both their clothing and their overall physical appearance in this. Include any tattoos, piercings and other marks within this. Feel free to be as detailed as you’d like. Some guidelines I’d like you to remember is that despite attempting to go unnoticed by their enemies, they still wear some form of armour. Again, I’d like you to focus on the fact that they’re not as well equipped as they previously were, but are still trying to make the most of what they have. I’d like the focus however to remain on keeping characters as light as possible in order for them to move quickly. Each character should carry a pouch of some kind to carry the items in their inventory.

Biography: Be creative with this. If you don’t know too much about Zelda and would still like to take part in this roleplay, feel free to ask me any questions you have about anything. Keep in mind that this takes place 6 years after the war began.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Name:
Stefan

Weapons:
A light-brown, three-foot recurve bow that Stefan crafted himself. The limbs are not completely smoothed and are still rather rough in some places. Brown leather is wrapped tightly around the bow to act as a grip.

Stefan uses two types of arrows: Self-made and obtained.

The self-made arrows that Stefan more commonly use consists of arrows that he made himself. The shafts, though straight and well-sized, are normally rough. The fletching, on occasion red or blue, are normally a brown, yellow or white color. The Arrow head, normally sharpened rock, are pretty much whatever Stefan can find, be it random pieces of metal, stones, animal horns or bones, or even sharp pieces of wood. If no suitable arrow head could be found, the shaft is instead sharpened to serve as the arrow head.

The other arrows that Stefan uses, arrows that he has obtained either by stealing or simply picking up arrows along the way, he uses more sparingly as they, being fletched with proper equipment and materials, are better than his. These arrows are used only when his self-made arrows run out or they are deemed necessary at that time.

Inventory:
Stefan carries a small knife on him at all times. The knife was a present from his late father and he commonly uses it to craft bows and arrow shafts (though if necessary, the knife could also double for a weapon). The steel blade is routinely polished by Stefan, so it still has its natural shine.

A glass bottle with a cork.

Several strips of cloth.

Bow and Arrow misc: Feathers, arrow heads, bow string, etc.

Skills:
An expert archer and excellent marksman.

Stefan is both a decent bowyer and fletcher, learning how to make bows and arrows shortly before the Imprisoning War started. Though currently lacking the best of materials, the quality of the bows and arrows Stefan craft shows that, while the time he spent learning was rather short, he took away a large amount of knowledge and skill.

Appearance:

Biography:

(I need some time to finish up the appearance and bio and could possibly add more to the rest.)​

Endgame

:D
Oh, I've been waiting for a Legand of Zelda RP for years. At last, my long hours of irrading myself in front of a moniter have come to fruition... -tents hands-

I'll have a bio up in 8 hours or so.

With your permission, I'd like to use some material from the other games, most particularly, Majora's Mask.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
I can't say that I don't mind you using material from Majora's Mask or whatever other titles you may choose until I see how you do so, however I trust your judgment in terms of what is appropriate for this setting. Chances are I won't have to, but don't take it personally if I ask you to change one or two things in your profile. =P

Endgame

:D
Changed my mind. Masks are too easy to abuse. If there's any problem with this bio, I can change it. Thought it'd be cool to play a character partway into transforming into a Gibdos or Redead, the enemies that paralyse you with a scream before raping your shoulders, all to the sounds of an interesting take on what it sounds like to have your blood sucked.

Name: Gante

Weapons: A set of four knives, slung across his left hip, allow high versatility in combat while allowing him to get in close to the enemy. Each is fairly simply made, yet the simplicity of their design hides their durability and resiliance. Two are curved at differing angles, one is straight, and the final one has notches down the side of the blade to catch enemy weapons. They are often coated with one of his various poisons before use.

Inventory: Gante carries a number of bandages and medicinal herbs, potions and ointments in a pouch slung beneath his knife bandolier. While he does use a number of these periodically to treat his 'condition', he is constantly searching and foraging for more, and a well versed understanding of potionmaking and the medical qualities of native plants means he often has supplies in reserve. He also carries a small store of immature Bomb Flower buds, which when set alight can make an explosion of a decent size. Last of all, he carries vials containing poisons for use on his blades.

Skills: Gante is an expert in plants and their applications, be those medical or offensive. He also has the ability to cause paralysis in the bodies of most enemies with a scream, an ability borne of his unique condition.

Appearance: Gante is, as his name suggests, quite gaunt. Thin and lithe for his height, he has shoulder-length brown hair and blue eyes. Bandages cover one side of his face, but not well enough to hide a few rotting patches of decay. His left eyeball is black and pupilless.

He wears a ragged coat, and his shoulders are wrapped in the same bandages as his face. Armour covers his left arm and leg, to the elbow and knee respectivly, and his right leg is unclothed, the skin starting to show signs of decay. Over his left hip is a bandolier containing his weapons, and a pouch containing his supplies and poisons.

Biography: A guard of the palace for only a few years, Gante was more a personal attandant to the princess rather then a member of the palace 'police'. Trained adaquatly in combat, his true skill lay in agriculture, and the flowering gardens of the castle were the result of many hours hard work during his off duty time. However, with the dissapearance of his ward, Gante was ordered, alongside the remainder of the army, to Hylia, to fight the incursion threatening their land.

The shores of Lake Hylia contain a number of graves. Ironic that they should be Gante's grave too. In the aftermath of the battle, badly wounded, he managed to drag himself off, hiding from the adverseries checking for dead by allowing himself to fall into a deep hole in the earth.

Patching himself up after the fall was relativly easy. He always had some skill with medicines. Finding himself in some form of ancestral tomb, he soon realised he was trapped. Unable to use the glowing pad allowing exit due to his lack of magical blood, he had only two options: A tunnel leading deeper into the tombs, or one leading upwards, but blocked off by a block of stone far too large to move.

For a time, he considered braving the tombs. However, the screams echoing up that passage made the descision for him. He knew those screams. Gibdos, and Redead. Instead, he lay against the stone block, pulled a small pipe from his coat, and began to play. What he played didn't matter. It still drowned out the screams, for a while.

But the shrill echoes wern't getting louder. They were simply getting closer.

Days passed, and by now resigned to his fate, he drifted in and out of sleep, playing while awake. Eventually he drifted into a familiar tune: A lullaby he had played for the princess on several occasions. Lost in the music, he was surprised to suddenly fall backwards into a glowing whorl of light.

The stone block had vanished... and in it's place, a shambling, moaning mass of mummified, corpselike Redead.

He could never rember his escape. Just snapshots. Most coated in blood. Yet somehow, he made it out alive.

Alive, however, is a relative term. He had been bitten a lot. His skin was starting to shrivel and decay like that of the corpses he'd fled from. Using what supplies he had on hand, he managed to slow the progress of the infection.

Since then, he has roamed Hyrule, clad in bandages, seeking other survivors of his order... and the young man the princess had told him about.

thorn

Name: aleck

Weapons: aleck hides a bow and dagger under his clothes (will explain in his appearance)

Inventory: a red stone the size of a golf ball, a lump of clay he molds into dragons during his free time and a bandanna he will sometimes put over his mouth on missions. he has a small pocket by his inventory that is enchanted and holds unlimited wood arrows with steel tips

Skills: he is an expert climber and can see well in the dark, he is also an expert archer and marksman.

Appearance: aleck stand's five foot six and is some what muscular, he has a tattoo of blue flames going up his right arm, and a scar about a centimeter wide going from his wrist up to his first finger.

he wears a silver cloak with a hood that covers his deep blue eyes and spiky scarlet hair, he has a black plate on his right shoulder and he wears a red strip of cloth wrapped around his right hand in the form of a gauntlet, he wears black combat boots and underneath the back of his coat he conceals an oak bow and at his waist he hides his dagger in his inventory. he has a small arrow pack the size of his inventory right by it.

Biography: aleck was born in the peaceful setting of hyrule but that all changed when the dark lord attacked, he joined the ranks of the hyrulian army, he is determined to free his home world and return it to peace, he will do whatever is nessecary to accomplish this even give up his own life. the man will never give up, no matter what happens. he is currently a soldier of the 5th rank and hopes to be promoted to a general soon.

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-------------------------

Cool a zelda rp ^^ I hope my template is ok. If anything is wrong with it, just tell me.

Name: Sleif

Weapons: Though Sleif is now mostly weaponless after the war began, with his skills he has learned to survive quite well with anything he can get his hands on. For the most part, due to his current whereabouts, he has learned to use the clothes and camouflage he wears to devastating effects. However, he does retain some weapons from his previous life at the palace. The blade once belonging to his old sword, is the only thing that remains, the handle of it completely missing and presumably from examining the chips and cracks on the bottom, was broken off. Though he always carries this with him, Sleif always uses his large Wolfos claws to tear and slash through anything that gets in his way.

Inventory: Sleif doesn't really carry alot of items with him nowadays. Most are a collection of herbs and other forms of healing items he had learned through trial and effect that would heal him. Strapped to his back, is a basic sheath he constructed out of the remains of his old one to hold the remains that once was his sword. Various other items, such as torn pieces of very used cloth for wounds, a small bottle of water for both drinking and cleaning wounds are also with him at all times, for any reason.

Skills: Sleif was one of the best swordsman within the palace guard, so to prove and to show that he could cope in almost any situation, he began to train himself in both stealth tactics as well as the wielding of many weapons. Due to both of these, Sleif is able to move silently almost effortlessly with almost no weapons, able to just as easily use any weapon around he can get his hands on, with deadly ability. Though Sleif can blend quite easily with almost any environment, he still prefers to keep his skill with a sword at its peak.

Appearance: Before the war began, Sleif was about 6'5 feet tall, with shoulder length silver hair, red piercing eyes and light tanned skin. Wearing the official armor and clothes of the Royal Guard, Sleif was always proud to wear them, no matter what the situation, he would always be seen with the guard clothes. Since the great battle at Lake Hylia, Sleif has changed his appearance quite a bit. Wearing an entire pelt of a Wolfos, including the hands and claws, Sleif had cut and stitched the fur incredibly carefully, allowing him to place his own hands within the claws of the Wolfos, using them as deadly weapons. The fur also allows him to blend in with the environment of the Lost Woods, scaring off the weaker creatures, while leaving him in peace against the other Wolfos'. Underneath the fur, Sleif wears a black cloth coat that he made himself, judging by the obvious stitches, while also wearing a wooden mask, further hiding his features as he travels around rather closer to the edges of the woods, where people are more then likely to see him. Without his mask, it can be seen that Sleif now has a large scar running down across from the right side of his face, all the way across to his nose.

Biography: As mentioned, Sleif was one of the Royal Palace Guards of Hyrule castle, before the war started, following orders without hesitation. At the time of the war beginning, Sleif along with most of the guard, were ordered to report to Lake Hylia to combat the dark forces in one great battle. This of course, did not turn out how the soldiers and Hyrule believed and hoped would happen.

Though the battle originally started within Lake Hylia, a few groups of the guards including Sleif, were able to break through taking on the enemies as they came in through Hyrule field. Like everything about this part of the war, this didn't turn out as well as everyone hoped. Sleif soon found himself after this failed operation, using his sword as a crutch, badly wounded with blood running from different parts of his body, walking towards the outer edge of the Lost Woods.

Finding himself soon deep inside the mysterious woods, Sleif stopped for a couple of hours, to regain some strength while cleaning his wounds and placing bandages over them and his torn clothes and body. Though he had heard stories about the Lost Woods and those that inhabited it, he was another thing actually meeting them in person, the first was the strange Skull Kids.

Finding the new person interesting in their home, one of them went up to Sleif as he slept, examining him before realizing that he was a grown up, about to leave him to become nothing but a Stalfos. That was, until Sleif woke up from the sound of the wind and the movement by the Skull Kid, making the first mistake by taking hold of his weapon, which only caused the Skull Kid to freak out, taking out his flute, using it as a sort of blowpipe against Sleif.

Quickly getting up and getting away from the creature, Sleif moved deeper and deeper into the woods, only stopping when he felt even more tired then before. This wasn't his concern however, as he was more interested in the sound of howling coming from all around him. Holding the sword in both of his hands, Sleif kept his senses up, looking all around him waiting for something to come out. He was soon proved right, as without warning, a huge Alpha Wolfos leaped out tackling Sleif to the ground. The Royal Guard was only able to withhold the huge wolfs teeth by the lucky maneuver of using his sword, holding back the Wolfos by placing the blade within its teeth, trying to use whatever strength he had, to push it away.

Finally able to do that, Sleif never gave the Wolfos another chance, stabbing his sword forward right as it raised its large claws, slicing and cutting a large cut across his face. Though he was slightly blinded with both pain and blood in his eyes, Sleif could still make out an image of the Alpha Wolfos, with his sword straight through its chest, appearing out the other side. Removing his blade, Sleif once again rested, at least for a little while, when he awoke, he immediately came to the realization, that he was now alone. Skinning the wolf for those couple of hours, Sleif made himself a bran new pelt with it, concealing his identity from the others within the woods, while just trying to survive.

Six years later, Sleif knows only a tiny bit of the vast and endless Lost Woods, though compared to other people, this knowledge is quite rare. No one who doesn't live in the woods themselves, would know as much as Sleif does. With his great familiarity with the woods themselves, Sleif can move swiftly, over the years living deep in the woods, his stealth has greatly increased along with his reflexes. There has been times since that first Wolfos, that Sleif had been in fights with Skull Kids, Deku Scrubs, and move recently the dark forces that have begun to infiltrate the woods, more so around the great ancient temple of the forest.

Though Sleif has never truly left the forest for good, he does have information he hears now and then from those moving through the more safer parts of the forest. One thing he knows for certain though, is that someone by the name of Sheik, is being searched for by the dark forces.

Balla

ooc: I will join! I know the basics of Zelda but not all of it so i will try

i will post my temp later and when i do please tell me if anythings wrong ^_^

SORRY
i don't think i can do this one
i don't know that much about Zelda to do this
but its a really good rp GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back