• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Legend of Zelda | Breath of the Wild

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Guys, I'm not saying the game is bad, just not memorable. I like the game, it's great, but I hardly remember anything after beating it a couple times last year.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Guys, I'm not saying the game is bad, just not memorable. I like the game, it's great, but I hardly remember anything after beating it a couple times last year.
I get what you're saying, but precisely because I think it's just a masterpiece is because I think it's memorable. There is a lot I remember of the game, and the last time I played it was way back then it got released originally. I've yet to play the 3DS version. It's a game that reeeeally rewards you for exploration and doing things one way, or another.

Speaking of which, I hope the Switch gets 3DS HD Remasters.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
MM is not a traditional Zelda game in the slightest sense; to this day, I'm not sure how it even got made in the first place. For instance, most of the meat in the game is actually in the side quests; the quest to stop the moon is really just a backdrop for everything that happens in between. Whereas most other Zelda titles invite you into the adventure and scenery, MM invites you into the hearts of its characters; it's an anthology of smaller stories weaved into a single grim fairy tale. It's best to play it after OoT, given how much they compliment each other; whereas OoT is akin to the multi-million dollar blockbuster adventure, MM is akin to the low budget experimental/intimate indie film.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
MM is not a traditional Zelda game in the slightest sense; to this day, I'm not sure how it even got made in the first place. For instance, most of the meat in the game is actually in the side quests; the quest to stop the moon is really just a backdrop for everything that happens in between. Whereas most other Zelda titles invite you into the adventure and scenery, MM invites you into the hearts of its characters; it's an anthology of smaller stories weaved into a single grim fairy tale. It's best to play it after OoT, given how much they compliment each other; whereas OoT is akin to the multi-million dollar blockbuster adventure, MM is akin to the low budget experimental/intimate indie film.
Pretty much this. Ocarina of Time is based on the traditional Zelda formula that A Link to the Past established, whereas Majora's Mask is its own thing.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
This is exciting. Probably still a year or two off but at least we know the next Zelda will be a direct sequel.

It kinda looks like the man Ganondorf instead of the devil-being Ganon, and possibly hinting at that old rumor from the legend in Breath of the Wild, where people saw that hero with red hair and assumed Ganondorf had split from Ganon and fought against him.

Also, Hyrule Castle rising up, and what I assume to be a large underworld. Very interesting.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
BoTW 2 was the surprise I didn't know I needed. I loved BoTW so much. I hope this is open world, too.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I just need better dungeons out of Breath of the Wild 2. I loved Breath of the Wild, I loved the world, exploring it, but man, I didn't like the breakable weapons, the dungeons were meh, and even the story was just... Less, than I anticipated. I didn't expect so much of it to just come from the optional flashback scenes.

That paragraph makes me feel like I sounded someone who didn't like the game. I liked it a lot, I sunk 80 hours into it and had so much fun, these are just some things I hope they're able to better in the sequel.

Obiewantsanipod

This is exciting. Probably still a year or two off but at least we know the next Zelda will be a direct sequel.

It kinda looks like the man Ganondorf instead of the devil-being Ganon, and possibly hinting at that old rumor from the legend in Breath of the Wild, where people saw that hero with red hair and assumed Ganondorf had split from Ganon and fought against him.

Also, Hyrule Castle rising up, and what I assume to be a large underworld. Very interesting.

Where is that rumor from? I don't recall coming across something like that. Does it say anything other than what you mentioned?

When he said we have one more announcement for you I kept telling myself please be Bayonetta 3 please be Bayonetta 3, this was definitely unexpected.

Xblade13

Awards
I
Where is that rumor from? I don't recall coming across something like that. Does it say anything other than what you mentioned?

When he said we have one more announcement for you I kept telling myself please be Bayonetta 3 please be Bayonetta 3, this was definitely unexpected.
Don't have any exact quotes. I think I saw some theories about it shortly after the opening tapestry legend came out. In that, the "Hero" standing with all the guardians had long red hair, very non-Link and much more Ganondorf-like. It'd fit well with how we saw Calamity Ganon in BotW, as more of a force of nature.

Then again, it is just a theory. The mummified man in the trailer for BotW 2 seems very similar to Ganondorf from OoT/TP. He's holding someone's hand, so possibly a previous Princess Zelda?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Was it just me or did the mummified Ganondorf look like he's the source of the malice? I'm curious to see what the story for the next game will be.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Was it just me or did the mummified Ganondorf look like he's the source of the malice? I'm curious to see what the story for the next game will be.
Yes. It was confirmed that, when Ganondorf was tired of the endless cycle of reincarnation of Demise's wrath, he unleashed said wrath from his being, and that became Malice, turning him into Ganon. Apparently, the release of Malice affected his body, reason as to why he was building a new one in Hyrule Castle. Now that we have a look at Mummydorf, we can see why he had to make a new body: the Malice dried him out.

I theory I have is that, whoever was below Hyrule Castle, was supplying the kingdom with light, and once Ganondorf touched him/her, it unleashed his Malice into the world. Something tell me the game's story will revolve around exploring the past of Ganondorf, and whoever he joined hands with.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So word on the net is that Link's Awakening's FPS is dropping a hell of a lot in handheld mode. Hopefully Nintendo patches this.

Sometimes I like to buy a game on release day, but then I see the silver lining of not doing so: this type of BS doesn't happen to me.

---

Edit:

Walmart has Link's Awakening for $50

Last edited:

malan786532

Awards
My favorite zelda game is definitely twilight princess. why? well first of all, it was the first zelda game i was introduced to as a kid. we had a n64 but it was pretty old by the time i was old enough to play and actually process games so i never played it lmao. i played gamecube too but i’m pretty sure we didn’t have the game for it. so my mom got a wii when it came out and i played tp. so it has a special meaning to me. second of all, the story line is great. third of all, the characters have so much thought and detail put into them and most of them experience really great character (legend of zelda) development. midnas character development was by far the best. she really grew to love link and i gained a special attachment to her (a reason why the end of the game was so heart wrenching lol). not to mention, her and links relationship was amazing and she was by far the best companion link ever had (even though i would consider her more than just a companion). fourth, the soundtrack is breathtaking. actually, my favorite zelda song is in the soundtrack, midnas lament.

Xblade13

Awards
So I've had a Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild for about a week so far, and I'm having a blast! This game is ridiculously immense and I'm enjoying the liveliness of all the characters across the land. Only 1 Divine Beast down, the Zora one.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So I've had a Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild for about a week so far, and I'm having a blast! This game is ridiculously immense and I'm enjoying the liveliness of all the characters across the land. Only 1 Divine Beast down, the Zora one.
People usually go after the Goron Divine Beast because of how close those two regions are to each other, but you can select to do either of the other two as well.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

KOEI Tecmo made a Hyrule Warriors GAME, NOT A DLC, based on the 100 years before Breath of the Wild called "Age of Calamity"

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
On 1 hand, I'm excited for more HW. I've got 280+ hours on the Switch version of the 1st game (not even counting Wii U & 3DS versions) so oh yes, I am down for more HW.

It is surprising (& a bit disappointing) that it's only BOTW-era. There's so many characters that didn't make it into HW1 that I was hoping for: Saria, Malon, Nabooru, Groose, Twinrova, Vaati, Demise, Linebeck, Majora's Wrath. Or for that matter the cast of the 1st game coming back outside of Link & Zel. Heck, would we even get Sidon as playable?

This game strikes me as being more in the vein of Persona 5 Scramble than a typical Warriors title.

Last edited:

Cumguardian69

Awards
Well, with HWAOC being announced, I'm not getting KHMOM til probably December. I didn't know Nintendo was hiding a pocket money-nuke! holy balls

Back