• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Legend of Zelda | Breath of the Wild

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Hyrule Historia

It's video game related so I'm not entirely sure this is the best place to post it, but recently the third part of the Hyrule Historia, the Encyclopedia, came out and it's so beautiful! Not to mention how good it looks next to the other two. Anyone else here collect them?

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Re: Hyrule Historia

I've done some research in the past about them and wish I could be able to get one for myself, but lately due to using all my money for KH3 pre-order I'm trying to save up my money. Lately I'm wanting to save up for mangas, but I can probably consider getting one of these.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

I've done some research in the past about them and wish I could be able to get one for myself, but lately due to using all my money for KH3 pre-order I'm trying to save up my money. Lately I'm wanting to save up for mangas, but I can probably consider getting one of these.

Well if it's any consolation, the first volume Hyrule Historia has a manga at the end of it. It's from a Skyward Sword thing I believe. They all go into fascinating detail about the series as a whole and definitely worth any Legend of Zelda fan's time. I feel you on the KH3 pre-order. Despite having the version with the bring arts figures pre-ordered through Square's website, I also bought it digitally on PS4 for the theme and skin (and also so I could let my wife download a copy to her PS4 and we could both play it at the same time)

EDIT: If you can find them at Walmart (might be harder now for the first two) they are usually discounted. I got the Encyclopedia for 27.99 marked down from 39.99.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards

Well if it's any consolation, the first volume Hyrule Historia has a manga at the end of it. It's from a Skyward Sword thing I believe. They all go into fascinating detail about the series as a whole and definitely worth any Legend of Zelda fan's time. I feel you on the KH3 pre-order. Despite having the version with the bring arts figures pre-ordered through Square's website, I also bought it digitally on PS4 for the theme and skin (and also so I could let my wife download a copy to her PS4 and we could both play it at the same time)

EDIT: If you can find them at Walmart (might be harder now for the first two) they are usually discounted. I got the Encyclopedia for 27.99 marked down from 39.99.
I have seen a good amount of Legend of Zelda items at my Walmart so hopefully one may be there at least. I remember getting a crate there with LoZ items in it for $29.99. There are other things there I wouldn't mind getting. TT_TT
(For KH3, I only got the Deluxe Edition. Thankfully I got it from GameStop so I'll also get a poster with it, woot!)

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

This could have easily went into the legend of Zelda thread.
That being said, I never felt the need to buy these as a Zelda fan, I'm just in it for the video games though I do see the appeal of the Hyrule historia.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

This could have easily went into the legend of Zelda thread.
That being said, I never felt the need to buy these as a Zelda fan, I'm just in it for the video games though I do see the appeal of the Hyrule historia.

I guess it'd be how long you've been in the fandom. I didn't really get into Zelda games until after Ocarina of Time and even then I didn't really play any of the handheld games because they weren't in the same 3D perspective so I missed out on a lot until I decided to play the timeline order and got way into it. It's got a lot of material that you may not have known due to translation between JP and US or because it was in an old Nintendo Power magazine promo all compiled in one place. I gotta say, it doesn't feel as good as the hardback guides they started releasing from Twilight Princess up. Those had a sorta leathery feel to them, embossed with gold and had a cool game themed front cover (Phantom Hourglass looked sea worn, Spirit Tracks looked ghostly, Twilight Princess looked ancient etc etc) but they are Green, Red, and Blue based on the Goddesses and have a triforce/hylian symbol on the front in gold. They also contain extra goodies such as a manga, old promotional materials, and an interview with the creator.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

I guess it'd be how long you've been in the fandom. I didn't really get into Zelda games until after Ocarina of Time and even then I didn't really play any of the handheld games because they weren't in the same 3D perspective so I missed out on a lot until I decided to play the timeline order and got way into it. It's got a lot of material that you may not have known due to translation between JP and US or because it was in an old Nintendo Power magazine promo all compiled in one place. I gotta say, it doesn't feel as good as the hardback guides they started releasing from Twilight Princess up. Those had a sorta leathery feel to them, embossed with gold and had a cool game themed front cover (Phantom Hourglass looked sea worn, Spirit Tracks looked ghostly, Twilight Princess looked ancient etc etc) but they are Green, Red, and Blue based on the Goddesses and have a triforce/hylian symbol on the front in gold. They also contain extra goodies such as a manga, old promotional materials, and an interview with the creator.

I may be a bit salty because I missed out on them back when I didn't have much money, I'm sure I would appreciate them. I love that stuff but I know I can live without it, I'm sure scans of it are online but I know the feeling to have a physical book with all that Zelda style and swag, I get ya.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
With OoT's 20th having come & gone, I kinda wanna see a full-on reimagining of this classic on BotW's engine. Full voice acting, larger versions of each area, dating sim sidequest with Saria/Malon/Ruto/Nabooru, better clarification on how the triple timeline works, maybe an expanded epilogue.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
With OoT's 20th having come & gone, I kinda wanna see a full-on reimagining of this classic on BotW's engine. Full voice acting, larger versions of each area, dating sim sidequest with Saria/Malon/Ruto/Nabooru, better clarification on how the triple timeline works, maybe an expanded epilogue.

There's nothing technical about the time-line. It's just three different realities. What I suggested was three endings, which works as an expanded epilogue:

* Child time-line: feature Link going into the Lost Woods and ending up in Termina, but not to be seen as a bait for a MM remake.

* Adult time-line: feature Zelda reigning on the reconstruction of Hyrule and witness Ganon break the seal and the Goddesses flood the land

* The Hero died time-line: feature whatever the heck Ganondorf did to defeat Link, and whatever and whoever did to defeat Ganondorf.

But yes, OOT remake would be Nintendo's own FF7 remake.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
OOT for me is like Kanto. Like it's important and stuff, but it's time to let it die. I have no interest in seeing it remade, let it be how it is, move on to something new.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
* The Hero died time-line: feature whatever the heck Ganondorf did to defeat Link, and whatever and whoever did to defeat Ganondorf.

But yes, OOT remake would be Nintendo's own FF7 remake.

See that's one I don't get. The other 2 timelines exist because of paradox. The 3rd does not. It's comes across like Nintendo rendered the games that came out before OoT non-canon what-if while they went & destroyed LttP's backstory with TP & WW.

OOT for me is like Kanto. Like it's important and stuff, but it's time to let it die. I have no interest in seeing it remade, let it be how it is, move on to something new.
& I on the other hand want like 5 more OoT characters in HW2. so... *shrugs*

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I think I'll pass on the Skyward Sword remake. I really want to see a Link's Awakening remake though. Tis only but a rumor I'm afraid.

Back