• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Legend of Link

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Haha, that was brilliant man Matt, I liked that chap ;-) Sorry with the lateness btw D: Definetly worth the read. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
Wow,I had been wanting to read this for awhile,but I never had the time...

And now that i've read it,I just want to say that you did an amazing job =D

Please let me know when you update :3

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Chapter 5: The Hero of Twilight

“GAH!” The Young man yells as he jumps out of the realm of slumber. The eighteen year old sat upward in his bed wearing a gray cotton shirt, clutching his bed sheets as he panted heavily. His short sand blond hair was had a cowlick on the right side of his head as result of his night’s sleep. He muttered in slight fear, recounting the dream that accumulated in his subconscious during the night. “R-red and b-blue gnomes and t-talking h-hedgehogs?”

TAK!

The sound of something hard hitting his wooden shutters, shattering his reminiscence of the previous night. Pulling himself from under the sheets, he trudged to the window, pushing open, allowing the sunlight to fill his bedroom. Just as he poked his head out the window, a stone pebble struck him square in the forehead. “OW! What the hell!”

“Oops…” An almost angelic voice lilted. Rubbing his forehead, the young man looked down to see the young maiden who had launched the small projectile looking rather guilty in the middle of the clearing in front of his tree house. She had a very slight frame, looking to be about two years short of her seventeen. Her blue eyes and her somewhat kept hair portrayed her as a bit of a tomboy. She wore an intricately woven silk tank with a pair of brown cotton shorts and a saddlebag hanging from her waist. In her extended right hand she held up a sling shot, it’s rubber sling bobbing up and down. “Sorry Link…”

“Ilia!” Link barked back at the girl. “Why are you launching rocks at me?!?”

“I wasn’t ‘launching’ rocks. I was trying to wake you up.” She coed plainly as she returned the handheld projectile to her to her side bag.

‘There is a little thing called “knocking”…’ The large mare thought patronizingly as she looked up from grazing. She gave a snide look that went by ignored by the teens, much like her pedigree. A thoroughbred southern runner, she was larger than most other mares and easily out paces most stallions. Her mane was soft and luxurious, yet strong, and a fine coat of hair covered her being. Between her lineage, brought about by pure chance, and the love and care of her master, any professional horse breeder would have priced her in the hundreds of thousands easily after inspection. But like her master and his rather loud companion, she was thoroughly unaware of her excellent breeding. ‘Maybe you should give it a try?’

“Next time, try knocking.” Link replied in an irritated murmur as he ran his fingers through his hair, fixing his bed head. He stretched his arms and yawned, shaking free the last night of sleep. “Anyways, what’s with the early wake-up call?”

“‘Early’ nothing.” Ilia huffed as she crossed her arms. “It’s almost mid-day. You know, you started getting lazy ever since we got back to Ordon Village.”

“Well, normal life loses its zeal after you save an entire kingdom.” He retorted as he leaned against the windowsill. “You can’t honestly expect me to go back to my regular day to day routine just like that after what I’ve been through.”

“Hmph.” She scoffed, thrusting her head. She walks over to Epona and grabs her bridle, giving a slit tug, urging Epona to move forward. “Well, while you go and sleep the day away, Epona and I will be at the Ordon Spring.”

“Allright. But I need her back in an hour.” He dictated as he watched the two walk off, ignoring her insults. “The Princess wants me at the castle to aid in tying up any loose ends or rogue monsters that Ganon might have left behind in his wake.”

“Yeah, whatever…” She lilted rather detachedly as she waved her hand into the air, brushing the young man’s comments aside while she led Epona to the spring.

‘Swell. An hour of listening to you bitch.’ Epona whined in a huff as the two of them disappeared out of sight.

“Man, I liked her better when she didn’t remember who she was…” Link sighed. With a scowl he began changing out of his cotton night shirt into a sleeveless cotton tank top with a stronger weave. He picked his pants from its place on the floor to the side of the bed, pulling them up his legs. He finds his favorite blue waist cloth and wrapped it around his waist, tying it off with an orange belt. Finally, he picked up his leather boots and slipped them on, and then exited into the kitchen. He went to his wood burning stove, stocked with freshly cut wood the night before, and with the nearby flint and stone, he set the wood ablaze in preparation for his morning meal, being sure to seal the hatch firmly.

“Okay, now what do I feel like today?” Link asked himself, throwing the pantry open. He surveyed it quickly, his eyes stopping on a green jar on the middle shelf. Reaching up, he also grabbed a teapot on the shelf below. Setting the Jar aside next to the stove, he walked over to his water barrel, situated next to the window adjacent to the dining table, which had on it a journal and a quill, with Link’s sword resting against the table edge. Filling the pot up with water, he returned to the stove. Opening the jar to find many crushed tealeaves and a measuring spoon. Taking the spoon in hand, he dumped two scoops into the pot and put it on top of the metal stove top, quickly gaining heat from the fire.

“Okay, now the meat!” Link chirped with slight glee. Opening up the icebox next to the stairs, he pulled out the fresh cut ham which he had prepared the night before, slapping it onto the grill next to the pot. “Not one of those fancy castle feasts, but then I’ve never been a fancy guy.”

The young hero then took a moment to survey the room. Link could not believe that, only a week ago, he was on the plains of Hyrule, fighting to the death with a self-proclaimed god of darkness. ‘Ah, that reminds me…’

The youth opened a drawer in the counter and pulled out an inkbottle. Walking over to the table, Link pulled out a chair and took a seat. He opened the cover of the journal to the first page of blank parchment paper. Quill in hand, he brought quill tip to the ink, ink to parchment, and began to write.

Year 259 of the Hyrule Calendar
Year of the Goddess Farore.
Monday, May 10th.
Weather: Clear Blue skies

Not long ago, I was known as the Hero of Twilight. As I write this, I do not yet know what it will be. Is it an autobiography? Or is it a memoir? Or will it simply be a work of fiction?(Even I can hardly believe what I had been through, never mind anybody else.) All that I do know is that I have to chronicle these past few months, or I might end up regretting it, my tale reduced to just another legend.

Heh, Legends. It reminds me of the stories my father used to tell me of our ancestor before he died in the army. I thought it was just a bedtime tale he would weave to get me to sleep. I remember about how he used to say that our ancestor would travel through time to save the world. Who would have thought that I would have a tale just as impossible?

This grand adventure of mine, it's almost unreal. Between meeting the light spirits, turning into a wolf, traveling with her, sumo wrestling with the Gorons, saving the Zoras, scaling the Snow peaks, crossing the Gerudo Dessert , reaching the City in the Sky, entering the Twilight Realm, and rescuing the princess, I hardly know how to begin. I have so many mixed emotions about so many things that I cannot get things straight in my mind.

But I will remember. This will not be just another legend. I write this not only for myself, but to inspire other heroes in the future. I want to share my adventure with them, showing them the path. I write this for the people of this land, so that they might know the truth. Finally, I do it for my friends, so that their bravery will be recorded forever.

I’ve done so much, and made so many friends, Some I plan on seeing soon...

Some I’ll never be able to see again, No matter how much it hurts, but if I had the chance to do it all over again, I would. Meeting her, it changed my life, and I never want to go back to looking at the world in that narrow view of the world. This is not just my story, its hers as well, and for both of our sakes, I refuse to let it become another legend.

This is not a legend. This is history. This is our story, the story of the Twilight Princess.​

With a sigh, Link closed the book, laid the quill to rest in the ink bottle, and reclined in his chair, closing his eyes as he relaxed. His thoughts wandered back to a friend recently lost. I wonder what Midna is doing right now…

“Gnnnh!” He grunted through his teeth as his right hand erupted in pain. Link swung his hand around, knocking the bottle over, spilling over the journal. Link collapsed onto the floor as he clutched his right hand, knocking the chair over. He panted heavily, his brow wet with sweat. “What… Just… happened?!?”

“Link, Hero of Twilight.”

Link, at the sound of his name, spun his head at the door. Standing in front of him, barely able to be seen because of the rising sun light streaming in from the light, was the most beautiful women he had ever seen. Her long green hair shined like emerald in the sunlight her eyes sparkled like the green seas, and she glowed with a golden hue. She wore a simple silk white gown that hugged her ample breasts and flowed down over her silk white legs, stopping midway between her knees and her bare feet.

“Who are you!?!” Link demanded, enraged at the unknown intruder for breaking into his home. He reached over with his left hand and grabbed his sword, preparing to repel the intruder. “Why are you here!? Are you the reason that my hand is in pain!?”

She did not answer him, but extended her slender right hand over him. Link began to shine a brilliant green glow. Likewise, the mysterious woman’s light also increased in its brilliance.

“Your power is needed. Come with me.”

“Like hell I will! I don’t know what you’re doing to me, but I’m not gonna let you do it!” Link roared as he drew his blade. But before he could attack the two of them flashed in their respective lights, shining like green and gold stars. Just as quickly, their lights vanish. All that remained was the sizzling of meat and the whistle of a hot teapot.

Chapter 5: The Hero of Twilight: End.
-------------------

So uh, Yay for Farore cameos?
Give me time. I'll be not suckish again soon.

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Thanks. I just need to get back into the habbit. And I wonder how many of you got the reference at the begining of the chapter.

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I got the hedgehog... I think. Was it Brawl stuff?

Yeah, actually. And the Red and Blue gnome is Mario. It's my way of explaining how the world of Super Smash Bros. works. None of the fighters are there physically, but while they're asleep, their consciousness is brought there and manifest a physical form through the trophies.(and no, we aren't gonna go visit any character outside of the LoZ universe. I don't like it when things get convuluted like that.)

I do however, plan on picking a bit more fun at the series shortly. And I just realized that I just gave a great outline for a fanfic here. I don't intend to pursue it, but anybody else can.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
That would explain some of it...

and Not me. I'm like 6 months overdue for my next chapter of Larxene and 14.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
That would explain some of it...

and Not me. I'm like 6 months overdue for my next chapter of Larxene and 14.

If you put yourself on a "Schedule" when writing a fanfic, you make it into work rather than fun. Wanting to write a story has a great impact on it. You put much more effort in it becuase its something that you have invested your free time in, as well as giving it much more thought. If you make it a requirement, you'll simply just want to get it done, and you'll stop having fun at it.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Nah, it's not like that. I was going to write the next chapter 6 months ago and I ran into a few...problems (difference of opinion with my co-Author, finals, my computer breaking several times) so it's just been hard for me to get it done.

khlover7

I might return
Chapter 5: The Hero of Twilight

“GAH!” The Young man yells as he jumps out of the realm of slumber. The eighteen year old sat upward in his bed wearing a gray cotton shirt, clutching his bed sheets as he panted heavily. His short sand blond hair was had a cowlick on the right side of his head as result of his night’s sleep. He muttered in slight fear, recounting the dream that accumulated in his subconscious during the night. “R-red and b-blue gnomes and t-talking h-hedgehogs?”
Lol Sonic and Mario refrence.
Keep up the good work! :cool:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Yep. Funny, ain't it? And thanks for the rep.

Nah, it's not like that. I was going to write the next chapter 6 months ago and I ran into a few...problems (difference of opinion with my co-Author, finals, my computer breaking several times) so it's just been hard for me to get it done.

Similar thing for me. I would try to set a block of time aside for writing, but life threw me a curve ball, and before I knew it, I fell out of the habit. But this might be a good point to break off and start your own thing. I was never one who was attracted to the idea of a co-author partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back