• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► The Leftovers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
The-Leftovers.jpg

I havent seen this thread anywhere so I decided to start it up. If there is one then share that lank. Its show based on the book written by Tom Perrotta.

The Leftovers is an American television drama series created by Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta airing on HBO. It is based on Perrotta's novel of the same name. The pilot was written by Lindelof and Perrotta, and directed by Peter Berg. The series stars Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Liv Tyler, Emily Meade, Ann Dowd and Carrie Coon. It premiered on HBO on June 29, 2014. On August 13, 2014, HBO renewed The Leftovers for a second season.

The Leftovers takes place three years after a global "Rapture", which caused the unexplainable disappearance of 2% of the world population. It centers not on the people who were taken, but on the ones left behind, in the fictional town of Mapleton, New York (not to be confused with the real-life hamlet of the same name).

So far its on episode 8 and the show has really caught my attention.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've watched some of the show here and there. I don't buy the whole prophecy thing, but it is interesting to see one of the main characters lose his mind. I actually felt bad for Kevin being caught into a bad situation with Patti in the previous episode before this week's. I don't really get the whole point of the show all that much besides how twisted it truly is. I couldn't stomach a few things I had seen, and I hate Wayne with a passion.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I've only seen two episodes of this and I have no idea if I like it or if I don't. I do enjoy Christopher Eccleston though, so I might stick around just to watch him act with an American accent.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
I've watched some of the show here and there. I don't buy the whole prophecy thing, but it is interesting to see one of the main characters lose his mind. I actually felt bad for Kevin being caught into a bad situation with Patti in the previous episode before this week's. I don't really get the whole point of the show all that much besides how twisted it truly is. I couldn't stomach a few things I had seen, and I hate Wayne with a passion.

It took me a while to get into the show. I guess the constant mystery of somethings got me interested like how Guilty Remnant came to be and what is the whole thing going on in Kevin's mind. And I think its more to show what could happen if something like that happens. I guess a what if scenario. And yes Wayne is a sac of shit.

In my opinion it definitely gets better the further in you go into the series. I know I was iffy about it the first few episodes.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It took me a while to get into the show. I guess the constant mystery of somethings got me interested like how Guilty Remnant came to be and what is the whole thing going on in Kevin's mind. And I think its more to show what could happen if something like that happens. I guess a what if scenario. And yes Wayne is a sac of shit.

In my opinion it definitely gets better the further in you go into the series. I know I was iffy about it the first few episodes.

No kidding. xD It sure is messed up for a "what if" scenario. Speaking of that, its actually kind of suspenseful and crazy with Kevin's daughter joining the Guilty Remnant and going on an on about the gun. I mean, I get why she kept mentioning it, but I nearly thought she'd get caught snooping around like that. You're right that it kind of gets better the further in you go and draws you back in with the mystery surrounding it.

I think what I want to know is why Kevin and his kids are so distant from each other. I get that his wife left him, but you'd think he'd have a much more closer relationship to his kids. On the other hand, I think he does have a second personality. After that episode with Patti, it'd make sense if him sleeping is allowing his alternate self to take control. Even though, its kind of weird how all of his shirts were tied to a tree. I'm probably missing the latest episode, but I'm hoping this gets cleared up or more elaborated on.

Has it been reveal how Guilty Remnant got started yet? I can't remember if this show has had its finale or not quite yet.

Taochan said:
I do enjoy Christopher Eccleston though, so I might stick around just to watch him act with an American accent.

Christopher Eccleston was in the show?! How did I miss this?

Death

Your #1 Bruh
No kidding. xD It sure is messed up for a "what if" scenario. Speaking of that, its actually kind of suspenseful and crazy with Kevin's daughter joining the Guilty Remnant and going on an on about the gun. I mean, I get why she kept mentioning it, but I nearly thought she'd get caught snooping around like that. You're right that it kind of gets better the further in you go and draws you back in with the mystery surrounding it.

I think what I want to know is why Kevin and his kids are so distant from each other. I get that his wife left him, but you'd think he'd have a much more closer relationship to his kids. On the other hand, I think he does have a second personality. After that episode with Patti, it'd make sense if him sleeping is allowing his alternate self to take control. Even though, its kind of weird how all of his shirts were tied to a tree. I'm probably missing the latest episode, but I'm hoping this gets cleared up or more elaborated on.

Has it been reveal how Guilty Remnant got started yet? I can't remember if this show has had its finale or not quite yet.

Christopher Eccleston was in the show?! How did I miss this?

Yes its been getting more suspenseful. The ending to Cairo was just wild. My jaw dropped after what happened in the shack. It was just a great episode in general. Hopefully this weekends episode continues the hype.

Last weeks episode was FINALLY the origin of the show basically. It was what the main characters were doing before the departure with the ending of the episode being the departure happening. Its a good episode. They didn't show the origin of Guilty Remnant yet unless I missed something in the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back