• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The last of the Wind Walkers.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

getblazedordie

This is an original fic written by yours truly. It is mostly fiction, but may have some truth to it. Set in late 15th century Japan, it is about a ninjas. Not the Naruto kind but more realistic. Enjoy and please comment!

The Last Of the Wind Walkers.

Chapter 1.
Death and Birth, Rise of the New Emperor.

I never thought this day would come. We, the most feared, the most ruthless and most untouchable were being killed off by the same powers that used our services throughout this civil war.

War. It is such a small word, but with such an immense and variable meaning. A meaning that could be stretched and shortened, but is often utmost hurtful, even to the winner. Why do we consider words that have the most foolish meanings to be unfitting for public use, while words with such a horrible meaning behind them, like war, to be a part of our everyday vocabulary? They will never know, and i will probably never find out...

It was a chilly autumn morning, where the forest was being recolored because of the new mood of the artist we call time. He was repainting it in colors that were much brighter that those of summer, throwing bright yellows and standout red marks without forgetting the occasional brown to darken up the whole masterpiece. But despite the beautiful colors that the artist called Time was painting the lush forest with, he couldn't hide his mood, which was sad, gloomy and some might even call it... tragic.

Deep inside of the magnificently lamentable forest, there was a pack of people who were enjoying their remaining hours of restless sleep. Inside a few dozen of primitive looking yellowish and reddish houses, were men and women who's everyday job was to spy, sabotage, steal and assassinate. Together they formed one of the most feared, respected and expensive clans that the rulers of their era could hire. They were a clan, which was hated by all other clans for their superior skills. Those same skills infused terror into every major figure in the government of such an unstable country. Together, they had no code or any rules to obey. Unlike the samurai, they obeyed the price. In late fifteenth century, price spoke to them much louder then someone's pleas for mercy and begging for forgiveness. Together they were a clan of best ninjas in the entire country of Japan. Together, they were the Wind Walkers.

I was still sleep, seeing nothing but the blackness due to the uncomfortable conditions in which we were living for almost a month. ...I would have taken the blackness of my sleep rather than the darkness of my reality... Reality's choke was too weak to strangle me after taking all of my brothers and sisters. Or maybe it was destiny that decided to interfere and force reality to back away and save me. In any case, it didn't save them...

The camp of ninjas was more silent than the whisper of the surrounding wind. Their location was not known to anyone, not after their last completed task. Even the Wind Walkers did not wish to take on that job, but then the price won again, having the assistance of “fare” pressure from the prince himself. Yes, only the son of the emperor could have wished for his father to die in the hand of the Wind Walkers. The emperor was loved by everyone in the country, because his ruling was fare and good, even to the ninjas. The leader of the Wind Walkers had met the emperor personally more than once and they both relied on each other on more than one occasion. But the moral among the ninjas always was one step closer to the truth, “Do not befriend those outside of the clan, because tomorrow... you will kill them.”

Yes, our clan had murdered the emperor. There was always a certain charm around anyone who had the title of the emperor. It was like an invincibility barrier. No clan could ever touch the emperor, no matter the price or the circumstances. What the circumstances could not have predicted, was that the order for the death of the leader would come from his rotten son.

The clan was still sleeping, and maybe even dreaming about the reality where emperor was still alive. After killing him, they knew there would be no peace to them, everyone would have the Wind Walkers on their most wanted lists. But they knew how to hide well, and no one in the country knew their exact faces. No one could distinguish a Wind Walker from a regular farmer with the right clothes on, which helped the clan stay alive and active in the community outside of the forest, living peacefully as almost normal people. But there are exceptions. Deadly exceptions. Two people had seen the faces of their best ninjas. The one who they used to call emperor was dead. The one who became the emperor, was not.

I do not remember too much of that day, i just know it was his fault. Roji Sariyama, the newly self-proclaimed emperor. He managed to track us down, i do not know how – blackmailing, threatening, killing, bribing... Those seemed like the obvious choices for his character. I have to give him credit though, he was smart enough to understand how big of a threat we were to his newly acquired reign as an emperor. If we were the only ninjas that were ruthless and bold enough to kill the emperor, then what would stop someone in his government from coming to us? All it would take is the right price on his head, and we would be famous for not one, but two emperor assassinations. He knew the threat we opposed, and he also knew how to eliminate such a threat.

And the ninjas of the Wind Walker clan were still soundly sleeping away their early morning. The early birds haven't started singing yet, and the sun was only now showing a little bit more than a half of its radiant self. Their reactions and senses applied during their sleep, but everything was too quiet to wake them up. Even the small legion of samurai that was now completely surrounding the entire camp of the most notorious ninja clan was being silent enough, so to not disturb anyone's sleep. The samurai were following the exact orders of the young and ruthless emperor, who was with them that day. Roji was standing safely behind his samurai legion, with a quirky and sinister smile on his youthful face, as if already imagining the taste of the victorious massacre. He was not older than seventeen.

Roji was looking through the window of one of the houses and watching the leader of the clan breathe away the last breaths of his lawless life, along with his wife and two sons. He could care less about children, no matter how small they were. All Roji wanted is for this clan to be eliminated, as they were the only ones who possessed the kind of boldness and disregard for laws that could end his life and career as the ruler of Japan.

All of the samurai men stood in a position that indicated they were ready to attack. All of them had a hand on their sharp swords, ready to draw them out and cut through all life. Behind the swordsmen, there were rows of samurai who had their explosive arrows in a ready position, only needing an ignition to send their ammunition at the dreaming ninja. Despite the calm look on the faces of the samurai, inside they were dreadfully nervous, as the legends of the clans superior ninja skills were awe-inspiring.

All we needed was a loud sigh of a samurai, a snap of a twig... That would have been enough. Enough to awaken my father and his clansmen. Enough for us to stand up just in time to hold them off and then disappear. Poof into nothingness. Be gone from Roji's sight, so that he may never discover us again. Thats all we needed. That is all i dream of to this day. But the reality is much more cruel than our dreams. Reality decided to not give any kind of warning, or a sign. I do not know if it was for the better or for the worst, but in the next second... The first arrow was set on fire.

getblazedordie

Chapter 2.
Raging flames.

The sound of burning fire on a single arrow might have woken only the best ninja in our clan, but the wind took the noise and carried it away from our ears. Roji's eyes were fixed upon our small village, reflecting the deadly calmness. His hand went up. All of the bowmen lit up their arrows along with the first one. His hand went down, like the ax of a heartless executioner bringing down the fiery death upon our clan. It was already over.

The flames set the wooden houses on fire, creating panic everywhere. We were like bats in the daytime, not understanding who, what or where, only feeling the grotesque breath of Death before the ring of the final bell. The arrows fell upon us like a fire rain from heavens and the samurai ran through our village like berserkers from hell. And only Roji was standing still and observing the whole situation with his eagle-like eyes. His hand had squeezed his samurai blade with little concern for the pain. He wanted to charge in after his samurai, for his soul burned with blazing fire of vengeance and only his right hand man was able to keep his at bay.
“We need you emperor. It is not your time yet.” A man with tall and warrior-like statue was holding the emperor's shoulder.

Some of the ninja managed to get up and grab out weapons to defend their lives. The samurai had no kindness left in their cold blades, slaughtering the woman and the children. They ran into the houses and took the lives of those who were not killed by the flames or the arrows. The Wind Walkers that managed to recover tried to fight back, returning the death with their own blades, but the battle was nowhere close to being a match. The samurai outnumbered the ninja four to one.

I opened my eyes and felt extreme heat all around me. The scorching flames were eating away the entire house. I quickly got up to my feet to find my mother and father just outside of the house, standing back to back, fighting away six samurai men at the same time with their swords. The flames at the door were taking the picture away. I was only fourteen at the time and did not receive my weapons yet, only having a wooden sword to practice with. I turned to my left and found my older brother trying to struggle away at two samurai. I only wish i could have helped them.

The man and the women were standing back to back, facing the most elite samurai in the nation. They were self taught martial artists, unlike the expertly trained samurai but their passion for survival drove their abilities to new heights. The stood back to back with each other, each blocking hits of three samurai that surrounded them in a circle. Both of them had two shorter katana swords than the samurai, allowing them to defend with flawless movement. Nobi could only watch them struggle, his wooden sword was good for nothing and the flames had now engulfed the entrance.

I could hear the clashes of the swords, but see nothing except for flames. Flames that showed me the raging fire that was burning inside my mother and father. I kept hearing clashes nonstop and then a scream. I saw a body drop down onto the floor, where the never-ending flames swallowed the rest of the fallen man's life. Thankfully, it was one of the samurai.

Nobi's brother was fighting on the other side of the house. He received three blows of full strength from each samurai that landed on his sword, almost making him collapse, but he struggled on. Using every little piece of hatred and the natural reflex of survival he pushed the three man back with only one hand. The other hand was pulling out a small dagger from his waist. The samurai barely managed to recover when one of their men had a dagger pierce through his armor, right in the solar plex. He chocked on his own blood and collapsed. Juni quickly dashed to his left, so to leave one samurai behind the other for a quick one on one. It was all he needed. The samurai recklessly swung his sword in a horizontal fashion, making it easy for the furious ninja to duck under. Juni plunged his sword right below the samurai's ribs, and pushed it higher up into his heart, while looking his directly in the eyes like a mad wolf. The other samurai was already on Juni's left side and managed to through a quick diagonal slash. Juni managed to dodge it, but only barely, receiving a cut into his soulder. The pain from the cut only added to his strength. He swung his blade across, in the direction of samurai's neck with such uncontrollable fury that he sliced the man's head cleanly off.

Meanwhile, Nobi's parents managed to lay down five of the samurai, only to have six more run all around them, filling in for their dead partners. Screams and the sounds of scorching flames were filling the village. Nobi was completely frozen, unable to move, all in spirit with their parents, praying to anyone who would listen for his parents to survive. And seemed like someone was listening, because his parents stood their ground, their skill and ferocity unmatched by Roji's men. But whoever was listening, managed to miss one small detail. A very small detail.

I could not move, because it felt my body was chained all around and frozen solid to the ground from the suspense and horror with which I was watching the fight. I wanted to see my parents win, but in the next moment... I wanted to close my eyes and never open them again. My mother fell onto the floor, right in the entrance and flames swallowed her life also. Her gaze was so empty, so horrifying, it was as I could feel Death's touch on her. An small arrow was sticking out of my mother's head with the flames burning up her hair, turning her body into a living nightmare in my eyes. Before the flames could collapse the window nearby the entrance, I saw the new emperor, Roji, with a beastly angered grimace on his bastard face. In his sinful hand was a bow, with an arrow lit on fire... aimed directly at my father.

How is it flowing so far?

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Its flowing pretty well so far. Good update.

Only thing is, it is a little inconsistant with the narration. You switch from Third person to first person a lot. Otherwise, very nice.

Come on people, comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back