• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Land of Stories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hitman365

Awards
The Land of Stories is a great book series(better than Kingdom Hearts) and that’s all I have to say.

(You three guys in the bottom are either jealous or don’t like books compared this to Percy Jackson or Harry Potter.)

Last edited:

Nukara

Awards
The Land of Stories is now my most favorite novel series ever and I enjoy it far better than Kingdom Hearts. What I like about it is that the story holds the same magic like the original version of the fairy tales and it would be epic if Chris can do a sequel series that involves Disney and have the same magic potential as the movie counterparts which Kingdom Hearts fails at. Also the characters have better personalities and emotions than the characters in Kingdom Hearts.

If you guys never heard of it you should check it out it’s worth reading and you’ll like it better than Kingdom Hearts.
This is a Kingdom hearts forum.
I don’t want to “betray” the series with which it’s been five years, for the sake of some other series and history.
This is the same if you come to the Naruto forum and say that this franchise is not very, go to One Piece.

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Glad you're happy.

I'll pass.

Also, I'd recommend not insulting a series (that people love and the reason why we are here on this forum in particular) as a way to motivate others to check out something you are interested in. It's really bad form.
I think I would have been much more inclined to listen to you if you chatted about what you liked about your book series and maybe why it reminded you of Kingdom Hearts so you thought fans of KH might enjoy it as well. (Otherwise why are you posting here??)
But the way you phrased it? Absolutely not. I'm not looking to replace Kingdom Hearts in my life, you have no idea what my reading preferences are, and the criteria that I judge books and video games by are completely incomparably different anyway.

Hitman365

Awards
Glad you're happy.

I'll pass.

Also, I'd recommend not insulting a series (that people love and the reason why we are here on this forum in particular) as a way to motivate others to check out something you are interested in. It's really bad form.
I think I would have been much more inclined to listen to you if you chatted about what you liked about your book series and maybe why it reminded you of Kingdom Hearts so you thought fans of KH might enjoy it as well. (Otherwise why are you posting here??)
But the way you phrased it? Absolutely not. I'm not looking to replace Kingdom Hearts in my life, you have no idea what my reading preferences are, and the criteria that I judge books and video games by are completely incomparably different anyway.
Well this novel series wasn’t based on Kingdom Hearts from the beginning and I don’t get what you are talking about I’m saying that the novel series story is more smoothly and it can make the Disney Worlds better than what Kingdom Hearts has done if it gets a sequel series because right now Kingdom Hearts is a mess with Disney worlds and it’s characters but I still respect it it’s just that it’s now so confusing and not making any sense.

You might enjoy reading it because it’s like Kingdom Hearts but it’s not confusing and has modern teenagers traveling in fairy tale worlds. I kinda compare it only to Kingdom Hearts 1 because it’s like the same but different. Also I’m not asking or saying anything to you of replacing Kingdom Hearts out of your life(what kind of answer is that?). I’m just telling everyone that the novel series is the opposite of Kingdom Hearts that you might enjoy reading. I just find it more enjoyable than the Kingdom Hearts series but I still respect Kingdom Hearts despite having some flaws.

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Well this novel series wasn’t based on Kingdom Hearts from the beginning and I don’t get what you are talking about

I am very aware that your book series is not based on Kingdom Hearts. What I was attempting to illustrate to you, was that merely jumping onto a Kingdom Hearts forum and saying "hey, check out this book! It's better than Kingdom Hearts!" really doesn't do anything to win anyone over. It just insults fans of the series. I gave a hypothetical example for a better way you could have approached things, e.g: "Hello everyone, I read this book series that thematically reminded me a bit of Kingdom Hearts because of (reason reason reason) and I enjoyed it! You should check it out!"
After all, if the book series didn't have at least one or two similar themes, why even bother trying to pedal it to a crowd that enjoys Kingdom Hearts? If it really has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts (thematically or otherwise) other than just being toted as being "better" then it's just spam.

novel series story is more smoothly and it can make the Disney Worlds better than what Kingdom Hearts has done if it gets a sequel series because right now Kingdom Hearts is a mess with Disney worlds and it’s characters but I still respect it it’s just that it’s now so confusing and not making any sense.

Subjective opinion that I disagree with, personally. Not that I've read your book series, but I don't think Kingdom Hearts is a mess and it makes sense to me. I've very, very rarely been confused with this series unless it is something (like the recent DLC ending) that is meant to be puzzling. However, you do you.

Also, and I will say it again, comparing a novel to a video game is unfair. They are two completely separate forms of media. The aspects of detail and narrative introspection that make novels shine can often never come across on screen in visuals, whereas video games have a great blend of audio and visual that can convey quite a lot of emotional depth at times that would be difficult to put into words. Would you think it fair to compare something like, say, the video game Flower to a collection of Basho's Haiku? Both pieces of art and stunningly beautiful in their own way.

You don’t have to pass it you might enjoy reading it because it’s like Kingdom Hearts but it’s not confusing and has modern teenagers traveling in fairy tale worlds. I kinda compare it only to Kingdom Hearts 1 because it’s like the same but different.

See, this is the sort of thing you should have used to try and sell it earlier! Just...minus the subjective criticism that made me feel attacked in the first place and want to dig my heels in specifically just out of spite. Let me fix this up a bit for you.
"You don’t have to pass it You might enjoy reading it because it’s like Kingdom Hearts but it’s not confusing and has modern teenagers traveling in fairy tale worlds."

I do commend you on your fervent passion, however.

I kinda compare it only to Kingdom Hearts 1 because it’s like the same but different.

Okaaay, then.
...I'm spending way too much time on this.

Hitman365

Awards
I am very aware that your book series is not based on Kingdom Hearts. What I was attempting to illustrate to you, was that merely jumping onto a Kingdom Hearts forum and saying "hey, check out this book! It's better than Kingdom Hearts!" really doesn't do anything to win anyone over. It just insults fans of the series. I gave a hypothetical example for a better way you could have approached things, e.g: "Hello everyone, I read this book series that thematically reminded me a bit of Kingdom Hearts because of (reason reason reason) and I enjoyed it! You should check it out!"
After all, if the book series didn't have at least one or two similar themes, why even bother trying to pedal it to a crowd that enjoys Kingdom Hearts? If it really has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts (thematically or otherwise) other than just being toted as being "better" then it's just spam.

Subjective opinion that I disagree with, personally. Not that I've read your book series, but I don't think Kingdom Hearts is a mess and it makes sense to me. I've very, very rarely been confused with this series unless it is something (like the recent DLC ending) that is meant to be puzzling. However, you do you.

Also, and I will say it again, comparing a novel to a video game is unfair. They are two completely separate forms of media. The aspects of detail and narrative introspection that make novels shine can often never come across on screen in visuals, whereas video games have a great blend of audio and visual that can convey quite a lot of emotional depth at times that would be difficult to put into words. Would you think it fair to compare something like, say, the video game Flower to a collection of Basho's Haiku? Both pieces of art and stunningly beautiful in their own way.

See, this is the sort of thing you should have used to try and sell it earlier! Just...minus the subjective criticism that made me feel attacked in the first place and want to dig my heels in specifically just out of spite. Let me fix this up a bit for you.
"You don’t have to pass it You might enjoy reading it because it’s like Kingdom Hearts but it’s not confusing and has modern teenagers traveling in fairy tale worlds."

I do commend you on your fervent passion, however.

Okaaay, then.
...I'm spending way too much time on this.
Thanks for your good advices and I just recently edited my post to make not as bad as you see it is and what I’m saying this that this novel series will remind of you Kingdom Hearts but in the opposite.

As for the novel and video game media thing you say I heard rumors they are making a movie about the novel (which is getting made by 20th Century Fox Studios which is owned by Disney making it technically a Disney movie) and when it comes out it’ll remind us of Kingdom Hearts in the opposite.

As I said before I still respect Kingdom Hearts despite having some flaws like in Kingdom Hearts 3 and ReMind. It’s just that right now Disney is making Kingdom Hearts difficult with its Disney Worlds which some or all don’t share the same magic as the movie counterparts and I just thought that The Land of Stories would make the better magic potential like the Disney Movies than Kingdom Hearts. The Land of Stories is kinda like Kingdom Hearts( a bit of Once Upon a Time) but smooth and different.

Last edited:

Nukara

Awards
Thanks for your good advices and I just recently edited my post to make not as bad as you see it is and what I’m saying this that this novel series will remind of you Kingdom Hearts but in the opposite.

As for the novel and video game media thing you say I heard rumors they are making a movie about the novel (which is getting made by 20th Century Fox Studios which is owned by Disney making it technically a Disney movie) and when it comes out it’ll remind us of Kingdom Hearts in the opposite.

As I said before I still respect Kingdom Hearts despite having some flaws like in Kingdom Hearts 3 and ReMind. It’s just that right now Disney is making Kingdom Hearts difficult with its Disney Worlds which some or all don’t share the same magic as the movie counterparts and I just thought that The Land of Stories would make the better magic potential like the Disney Movies than Kingdom Hearts. The Land of Stories is kinda like Once Upon a Time series if you heard of the tv series.
There is no guarantee that the film will not fail at the box office. Films about children of cudgels now do not have the same demand as at the beginning of the zero. Netflix would be a much more suitable platform.
Just KH went in a slightly different direction. The worlds soon became the scenery for the main plot. (Although KH3 Disney is much more)

Kokoko253

Awards

As I said before I still respect Kingdom Hearts despite having some flaws like in Kingdom Hearts 3 and ReMind. It’s just that right now Disney is making Kingdom Hearts difficult with its Disney Worlds which some or all don’t share the same magic as the movie counterparts and I just thought that The Land of Stories would make the better magic potential like the Disney Movies than Kingdom Hearts. The Land of Stories is kinda like Once Upon a Time series if you heard of the tv series.
What does "Kingdom Hearts but in the opposite" means? You said it's like Kingdom Hearts, but now it's the opposite?

The Land of Stories is kinda like Once Upon a Time series
Oh god... I think I rather stay away. You call KH a mess, but something that is like Once Upon a Time is smooth?

Hitman365

Awards
What does "Kingdom Hearts but in the opposite" means? You said it's like Kingdom Hearts, but now it's the opposite?

Oh god... I think I rather stay away. You call KH a mess, but something that is like Once Upon a Time is smooth?
I think your missing my point here what I mean by opposite is that it’s not Disney but old classic fairy tales that inspired the Disney versions but having teenagers come across old classic instead.

Trust me I don’t think you don’t have to stay away from this novel series because it’s an enjoyable read that will remind you of a bit of Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts right now is just confusing with its Disney parts and it’s story which is way I made this post not to insult anything but just having a discussion with you folks.

Last edited:

Kokoko253

Awards
I think your missing my point here what I mean by opposite is that it’s not Disney but old classic fairy tales that inspired the Disney versions but having teenagers come across old classic instead.

Trust me I don’t think you don’t have to stay away from this novel series because it’s an enjoyable read that will remind you of a bit of Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts right now is just confusing with its Disney parts and it’s story which is way I made this post not to insult anything but just having a discussion with you folks.
So, Disney is the opposite of classic fairy tales? That doesn't make much sense, since most of the Disney stories are based on classic fairy tales. Opposite of those would be something like Marvel, or well known but modern tales.

Good thing we both agree on on me staying away, but I don't think the Disney parts are confusing in KH. If anything, lot of the criticism comes from it sometimes being to simplistic. But the stories that got original in KH3 are actually very well made.

Also, I'm really not a fan of 'modern teenagers go back in time/enter alternate dimension/travel fairytale world/etc' type of stories. The protagonists of those are always way too stupid.

Hitman365

Awards
So, Disney is the opposite of classic fairy tales? That doesn't make much sense, since most of the Disney stories are based on classic fairy tales. Opposite of those would be something like Marvel, or well known but modern tales.

Good thing we both agree on on me staying away, but I don't think the Disney parts are confusing in KH. If anything, lot of the criticism comes from it sometimes being to simplistic. But the stories that got original in KH3 are actually very well made.

Also, I'm really not a fan of 'modern teenagers go back in time/enter alternate dimension/travel fairytale world/etc' type of stories. The protagonists of those are always way too stupid.
If you don’t get the point of this discussion then I guess you can just keep it to yourself and to me Disney in Kingdom Hearts don’t have that much potential as it did to their movie counterparts KH3 doesn’t have the stories clear and I see that this novel series can make that happen in the future it’ll make me enjoy Disney even more. But trust me still this novel series is entertaining it made me feel sorry for Kingdom Hearts and it’s not even stupid in what you say on protagonists.

I can’t say I don’t respect your opinion on this but if you like Disney the way it is in Kingdom Hearts be my guest.

Back