• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The King of Iron Fist Tournament

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Is anyone else excited about Tekken 6??? Anyways, who is your favorite character and hope they don't change to much of their move set?

I hope like hell that Baek will return and they have him just as he is in DR. They made him a MUCH MUCH better character in DR than in Tekken 5. Any other Baek players? Who has DR? Whether you're getting it on the PS3 or if you already have it on the PSP? eh. Ciao

Josiah

Quarian Power!
I Know I am. ^^;;

I LOVE Xiouyu! :loveit: She's gorgeous >.>;; Jin is also pretty cool... Lesse who else? :/ Oh, Hwoarang, He's hardcore. o.0 Can't really stand Heihachi though... But yeah, I Pretty much Like everyone in Tekken! ^^;; I'll be getting it for the PS3 Since My grandparents just told me they'd buy me one. o_O

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Lucky you. I also like just about EVERYONE in Tekken. They have the best cast of characters in any 3d fighting game for sure.

Sometimes I don't see why some people do not like it. Tis a mystery.

VF 5 does take skill, but too much to a beginner who wants to start it. IMO, ofcourse. Its so slow compared to Tekken, they all are save for Soul Calibur.
DOA is great, but focuses too much on counters, aka luck and chance.

Oh Kazuya. I wonder if Devil will make his return.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Yeah, Tekken does have Really cool characters. xD! But I'm sure DoA, Soul Calibur (have 2 for GC o.o) And the other fighters are REALLY Good, I just haven't picked them up yet. :/ Tekken is where I am right now, Lol. :D

Err... Devil Kazuya is nuts... Therefore, I'm sure He'll return. ^^; Alot of people who I Know, really like Kazuya and his Devilness, So I hope he's in it. >.<;

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Indeed. He better be in there. But as for those other games, they ARE really fun. DOA 4 and Soul Calibur 2 and 3. I play them like CRAZY. But they aren't significantly better than Tekken. Only the graphics in DOA is better than Tekken's. As for Soul Calibur, I think thats the best fighting game there is, although its not my favorite.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Tekken is in my top favorites! It is the best. I got Dark Resurrection for PSP recently and I think it's the best by far. I love the Tekken games so much that I bought them all. Tekken 1-5, TAG, Advance and DR. I'm still trying to get my hands on T5:DR. When Tekken 6 is released I will definitely get it.

My favorite character in appearance and story is Kazuya. It was really cool when he returned in Tekken 4 after 20 years. But I like Eddy, Christie and Tigers moves. In Tekken 6, I would like to see Jun or Unknown back. I know that Unknown didnt have anything to do with the story but I think she is Jun. She looks like a demonic version of her, and has the same mark on her hand as Jin, and starts with Jun's moves.

The only thing I didnt like about Tekken was how they said "Heihachi Mishima is dead..." when he really isnt. DR changed that though. I hope Tekken 6 has a tag mode and a Tekken Ball mode like Tekken 3 had.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Oh, Yes! ^^ Eddy and Christie RULE With their Capoeira (sp???) They're all crazy and stuff. O.O

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Anna Williams, won me over Nina in Tekken 5 when she got to spank Lee with a blue buisness suit, and hoe-boots with red eyeglasses. :)

With the fact that you can also make her look like Ivy from Soul Calibur, extra love.

Kinkeh.

starry_eyed_hero

Eh, Tekken's decent, but I just thought it felt kinda bland among fighters. All of the characters just seem way too similar to each other, and the gameplay just feels like a watered-down version of Virtua Fighter to me. Oh well, that's just my opinion on it though. I can tell that obviously not everyone shares that opinion.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
^Yeah, I always felt Tekken 5 to be like an upgraded VF. If T5 is the only Tekken that you played, then I can understand your opinion. T5 was kinda wasted with the Tiny arenas, god Jinpachi, and "Heihatchi Mishima is dead" yet he's my next opponent.

Darky Dee, I'm the other way around. I used to like Anna from Tekken 2 until I played Death By Degrees. Now I like Nina more.

Capoeira is fun to use because it makes it difficuly for the opponent to hit someone who is always on the floor. Kinda like Gon or Doctor B. from Tekken 3.

So does anyone else have Dark Resurrection for PSP? And have you saved your ghost?

Zexilicious

I take a potato chip and EAT IT!
Eating Rosebud Frozen Green Peas. Full of Country
I love Tekken. I am definitely going to get Tekken 6. I already have PS3 so I will be able to play it. I have already completed Tekken 4 and 5 100% percent. One reason was because I used Jin most of the time. But anyway, Jin is my favorite character, I don't know why, but he is the person I beat Tekken 4 and 5 story mode on the most. And I love his demon form. It was awesome.

starry_eyed_hero

^Yeah, I always felt Tekken 5 to be like an upgraded VF. If T5 is the only Tekken that you played, then I can understand your opinion. T5 was kinda wasted with the Tiny arenas, god Jinpachi, and "Heihatchi Mishima is dead" yet he's my next opponent.

no, i never played Tekken 5. the one that i played was Tekken Tag Tournament for ps2. a lot of people told me that it was one of the best Tekken games out there. i figured, well this is good, but i've played better, and if this is really the best that Tekken has to offer, then i should just switch back to Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
^Actually in my opinion, Tekken 4 is the best. TTT was cool because of the tag feature which was original to fighting games at the time. I liked it personally because of Jun and Unknown. Tekken 4 has got the best story of all the Tekken games...imo.

But if you're gonna compare it to VF then you wont like it. Tekken is played by inputing a chain of commands to create combos, while VF and DOA are about timing your attack and pressing the right button at the right time.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Tekken 4 was the most enjoyable, for me. :D And It had some pretty interesting Arena's... I just wish Tekken 4 had a few other characters from the earlier games, but oh well. v.v; Still very much anticipating Tekken 6! :thumbup:

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
^Yeah, the mall in Tekken 4 is the best arena of all fighting games IMO. I also look forward to Tekken 6 but I'd probably only get the chance to play it at the arcade unless the PS3 price drops.

What did you guys think of Tekken 5's Devil Within? Does anyone know where I can download Tekken DR ghost files except Tekken Zaibatsu? I cant pass the Yurin Dojo without enough ghosts.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
T5 was the best so far, then they dumbed down Steve's moves for DR and t5.1 for arcades...

Steve Fox is my favourite, i love his combos.

I hate vsing anna, shes uber annoying and knows how to juggle.

i saw a T6 clip on youtube with devil jin fighting some chick in a church or something. looked interesting.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
^Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that trailer. That was what Tekken 6 pre-production on the PS3 would look like. Graphics were pretty cool but the original trailer where Jin is training looked really neat. The girl Jin is fighting looks like Lili and Hwoarang comes crashing through the window on his bike.

I hardly ever use Steve so I didnt notice any change in his moves. He just seems slower than Tekken 4. So keybladeboi, you've played DR for PSP? You wanna trade ghost files? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaase. ^-^

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
i played it on my friends, cause hes got it. i dont have a PSP but as of monday my brand new PSP should have arrived :)

P.S. how do you trade ghost files?

I got into using steve because nobody else used him, and i used him at the arcades, trust me at the arcades, if you know how to use steve you can juggle the enemy to there death! but he does take some getting used to as he doesnt have any kicks. T5 Steve is faster than T4 steve and DR

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
^lol, yeah, but if you press X when Steve is on the floor, he will kick. Also since most people dont use him, they dont know his moves so it is difficult to block...well, for me at least.

To trade ghost files, you start a match, then pause the game. Set the ghost update to "on" and fight a few guys. Then connect your PSP to your PC via the USB cable and go to "SAVEDATA" and copy the file that says "GHOSTM" followed by a number next to it. Then host it on file front or transfer through MSN Messenger and we've traded ghosts. The Yurin Dojo in DR's dojo mode requires you to have enough friend's ghosts to pass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back