• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Killers (Day & Age)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
The Killers recently released a new single for their upcoming album, Day & Age. The single is titled Human. The song can be heard on the band's official site, or if you think you're cool you can go buy it on iTunes. We all know the cool people actually download the song, though.
Wait what? Did he just say download? Noo sir. Must have been a typo.

Anyway, feel free to discuss The Killers new direction in music here from their new single, and also their music in general.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
The Killers sucked on their song Banquet. I doubt ill listen to their music ever again.

The killers are honestly one of my favorite bands. Ever.

Uh, Human decent, not their best. I think that I like Spaceman better.

But, no doubt, Hot Fuss is the best. I didn't like Sam's Town at first, but now I do. Sawdust was good, but, you know, B-side collections.

Pretty pumped for their Day And Age release.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Sam's Town made me vomit. It sounded like The Killers having a colossal orgy with U2, Blur, and essentially every Brit-pop band ever. And god did it sound awful.

I recall Human being a noted improvement, but I was only half listening when I heard it, so ehhh.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Went back and listened to Human, and although the overall sound is better, good christ have the lyrics gone even farther down the shitter.

"Are we human, or are we dancer?" is probably the single worst line I've ever heard, right after pretty much all of Coldplay's 42, or Muse's Glorious ._.

Went back and listened to Human, and although the overall sound is better, good christ have the lyrics gone even farther down the shitter.

"Are we human, or are we dancer?" is probably the single worst line I've ever heard, right after pretty much all of Coldplay's 42, or Muse's Glorious ._.

It's debatable whether he's saying "Dancer" or "Denser".

I think, I heard that somewhere.

Uh, still, it sounds a whole hell of a lot like Dancer. Which is...

Yeah.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
It's alright. Again, a definite improvement over the radio fodder that was Hot Fuss and the 90's rehash that was Sam's Town, but the lyrics are still god awful.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
After a bit of web surfing, I've come to the conclusion that Human's lyrics do indeed read, "Are we human, or are we dancer?"

Apparently Brandon Flowers had announced this prior to the release of the single.

I also found an interesting "interpretation" of these somewhat... odd, lyrics:
In my opinion, I see how dancer would make sense.

Think about it: dancers are referred to as being living works of art.

It's almost as if he's asking if we're living organisms, or simply odd works of art.

It's an interesting concept, sure, but it makes sense to me.

Denser would also make sense, but it just doesn't sound like that's what he's saying to me.

Still, I'm not 100% certain that the lyrics are "dancer" or "denser." I'm waiting until I see something official before coming to a firm, solid conclusion.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
My cousin is very fond of them, but I've only ever heard one song. Can't remember exactly what it was called, but it wasn't too bad.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
After listening to Hot Fuss again, I've come to the conclusion that it's all just mindless radio fodder. I'm sorry to the fans, but the more and more I listen to The Killers the more I dislike them.

Still, I'm not 100% certain that the lyrics are "dancer" or "denser." I'm waiting until I see something official before coming to a firm, solid conclusion.

I'm not sure Flowers really put that much thought into it, it'd be safer to assume he just wanted a nice, safe, club metaphor that rhymed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back