• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The KHInsider Reports [KH Flash Fanfiction]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The KHInsider Reports
tumblr_lmwvl1OsdP1qh2b5go1_400.jpg

Trying to think of something to do for this section of the forums, I thought that it might be nice to have a place where members could post flash fiction.

Now, "flash fiction," for those of you that don't know, is simply a very short story. You try to tell either a simple story, or convey some sort of idea, all within the confines of a few hundred words or so.

Since this is primarily a Kingdom Hearts website, I thought it only make sense that this thread be Kingdom Hearts-related. In this way, it becomes a thread for people to post tiny pieces of fanfiction that they might have otherwise considered to short to post in a standalone thread.

I'm going to set the word count to no more than 1500. We'll see how well that goes first, and then I'll adjust the limit as necessary.

If we get enough people posting, I might even be forced to create a table of contents for them all :)

Have fun! I'll jump things off with pointless, lighthearted fun.

<><><><><>​

Mickey's Night Sleep

Amber lamps only just illuminated the vacant library inside King Mickey's castle. Though most of the castle retired to their beds, the soft glow continued to reveal the worn spines, should a lonely ghost find themselves wandering at night. However, on this particular night, the dim, golden radiance cast aside the shadows for a pair of yet dimmer lights.

“Your pieces are mine!” shouted Sora, his brow furrowed by nothing short of intense concentration.

“Ya won't beat my defense that easily!” came Goofy's reply.

“Hey, guys,” Donald began in his raspy voice, tapping his foot. “Why did you need me to ref your checkers game?”

“What do you mean, Donald?” asked Sora. “You can't play checkers without a referee.”

Meanwhile, Goofy used a series of jumps to move one of his pieces all the way to Sora's end of the board. “A-hyuck! Checkmate!”

Donald rolled his eyes and said, “Goofy, this is checkers, not chess!”

“Aw, man!” Sora said. In a dispassionate voice, he added, “Draw five.”

“What are you guys talking abou–” Donald started to ask when a more important question came to mind. “Where did that deck of cards come from?”

The two of them each held five playing cards in front of them, their eyes shooting back and forth from their hand to their opponent. The tension grew so fearsome, that even Donald had to put away his utter inability to comprehend the situation. A pin drop could have shattered the world, and the silence could only last for so much longer. Finally, Goofy paved the way for sound.

“Old maid!”

Sora responded immediately. “Go fish!”

“Aww shucks!” Goofy threw his cards into the air as Sora placed Goofy's piece on top of one of his own. “Kinged me!”

“No! No! No! No! NO!” Donald was just a feather's breadth away from ripping all of them out. “That's not checkers! That has nothing to do with checkers!”

“Gosh, whad'ya mean, Donald?” Goofy scratched the top of his head, a poor attempt at deep thought.

“Yeah, Donald,” Sora added. “This is how we always play checkers.”

Donald yelled, “I've never seen you play checkers before!”

“Okay, Goofy. Your roll,” Sora said as he aimed a cannon at the dog-man. Face serious, Goofy rolled a pair of dice across the table.

“Listen to me!” Donald screamed, followed by a series of unintelligible quacks and the violent flailing of his wings.

The two dice, once stopped, added together to equal nine. In response, Goofy picked up the checker board and shoved it, pieces and all, inside the cannon. Sora lit the fuse, and the board game was sent careening through one of the library's stained-glass windows. After the smoke cleared, the two turned to Donald.

“So who won?” asked Sora. “It was me, right?”

Goofy intervened. “No, it was me! Right, Ol' Buddy, Ol' Pal?”

The duck's eye twitched, as his gears devised the most appropriate answer as he could muster. Staff in hand, a thunderous storm rained down upon the duo until the early hours of the morning.

And thus, Mickey got no sleep that night.

<><><><><>​

Last edited:

Jason1

Great job on that flash fiction, haha, it was a lot of fun to read :) After I read this, I got an idea for a story, but it ended up being a little over 1200 words. Would I still be able to post it here? If not, it's no worries, I'll still post it elsewhere, but I'd like to help contribute to this. It's a great idea

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Sure, I've doubled the word limit to 1500.

Definitely don't want to go higher than that though :)

Jason1

Untitled

“Roxas! How’s this?” Xion walked in, carrying a pot three times her size.

“Woah! Let me help you with that…” Roxas hurried over, grabbing the other side of the pot. The two carried it to the middle of Roxas’s room, setting it down on the ground. Xion put her hands on her hips, taking a long look at the giant pot. Roxas stood on his toes, peering inside it.

“This is great! I hope the Organization won’t mind us using it for the day…”

________​

“Gaahhh!” Vexen yelled out in disbelief, after entering the castle’s kitchen.

Lexaeus poked his head through the doorway, “Vexen? Is…something wrong?”

Vexen turned around, with both an angry and despaired look, “Where…is….my giant POT?!”

Lexaues was confused with Vexen’s overreaction, and simply said, “I’m not sure…maybe it was
moved,”

“Argghhh!” Vexen turned back around, throwing his head into his hands.

Lexaues simply stared in confusion.

________​

“Okay! Let’s make sure we have everything before getting started,” Roxas said.

“Right! Let’s see…we’ve got the flour, the eggs, butter, sugar, baking powder, the pans….hmm….I know there’s something missing….” Xion placed a hand on her chin, concentration on what that might be.

Roxas and Xion turned to face one another, as they both realized what was missing.

“The ice-cream!” they both yelled out in unison.

“Hey…did someone say ice-cream?” Axel said, walking in through the doorway. Both Roxas and Xion jumped up in surprise, looking very nervous and tense. They stood completely straight, neither of them daring to make any sudden movements.

“Hey…what’s this thing? What are you two up to?”

“Nothing! Nothing at all…” Xion said, letting out a nervous laugh.

“Nothing? Then why do you guys have this pot?”

“Oh this?! We were just…just…umm….”

“Doing some training!” Roxas said, finishing Xion’s sentence. “See?” Roxas picked up the pot, carrying it above his head. He started pushing it up and down, like a weight exercise. “It’s great for working those shoulder muscles…right Xion?!”

“Huh…oh yeah! It’s great!” she said, with a nervous smile.

Axel looked at the two with confusion, then let out a chuckle. “All right…I won’t disturb anymore of your training, haha,” he turned, and walked back out. “Have fun!”

Once he was out of sight, the two relaxed, as Roxas set down the pot. The two let out a sigh of relief.

“That…was close,” Xion said.

“Yeah…I mean, if Axel found out we were making him a cake, then he’d ask why, and we’d probably
have to tell him it was his birthday. That would ruin the whole surprise,”

-FLASHBACK-

Roxas and Xion were tip-toeing through the Library, looking around carefully. It was night, and the only thing lighting the area was a small flame, coming from Xion’s hand. When the two came up to one of the bookshelves, they stopped to browse through the books.

“Aha! Here we go…” Roxas said, pulling out a book. On the cover, it read: Dates and Records of the Organization Members.

Xion leaned in, as Roxas began flipping through its pages.

“Okay…Axel…number eight…birth date is…got it!”

“Yes!” Xion said, as the two smiled in their achievement.

“Axel’s gonna be so happy when he finds out what his birthday is!” Roxas said.

-FLASHBACK ENDS-

“Then we’d better get to Twilight Town, and mix the ingredients there; so Axel won’t have a chance to see us” Xion said.

“Right! Let’s go,” Roxas said, opening up a portal.

When the two made their way to Twilight Town, they set the pot down on the roof of one of its larger buildings.

“Okay, I’ll go into town and buy the ice cream, can you mix the ingredients in the mean time?”

“Sure, how many are you gonna buy?”

“Hmm…let’s see…” Roxas pulled out a small book. On the cover it read: Recipes That Never Were.
“Sea-Salt Ice Cream Cake…needs…five bars!”

“Alright, see you when you get back!”

“Right!”

_______​

Lexaues and Vexen were in The Grey Area, sitting down on one of the couches. “Run this by me again…so that pot…was a science experiment of yours?”

“Yes!” Vexen said, still troubled by his loss.

“But its power is unstable, and now, anything that’s put into it, will simply form together, into a creature, that at the slightest touch, explodes?”

“Yes! The idea was to form clones of the dusks, by adding both data and the remnants of destroyed nobodies. But I couldn’t get it to work properly. I went in today, to see if I can modify the pot, but it seems it’s gone missing. This is very, very dangerous! There’s no telling what could happen if the pot got into the wrong hands.”

“Yes…this is very dangerous indeed…” a voice said from above. Lexaues and Vexen turned around, to see Saïx standing over them.

_______​

Roxas walked toward Xion and the pot, holding five blue ice cream bars in his hands.

“Umm…Roxas?”

“Yeah?”

“The mixture….it looks…kind of weird…”

“Huh?” Roxas looked inside the pot. The ingredients were bubbling; turning into a white and gray color.

“Well…we’ve never made a cake before…maybe that’s the way it’s suppose to look,” Roxas smiled, and dumped the ice cream in.

“Roxas, shouldn’t we’ve gotten rid of the wooden handles before putting the ice-cream in?”

“Oh yeah…” Roxas said, reaching into the pot. But before he could make contact, the mixture began to expand, rising up and out of the pot.

“W-what’s going on?!” Xion said. The mixture grew even larger, towering over the two.

“Uhh..I don’t know!”

Two strands extended out of the mixture, like arms, and another two at the bottom, like feet. The newly formed creature stepped out of the pot, and let out a giant roar. From its mouth, it spat out globs of cake batter that appeared to be on fire.

“Roxas-what do we do?!”

Roxas dodged a glob, rolling on to the ground. He looked up at the monster, and summoned his keyblade. “We fight!”

_______​

Axel was walking out of the hallway, making his way into the The Grey Area. Everyone was rushing back and forth, looking in every direction.

“Xigbar-did you check the Library?” Saïx called out

“Yep-nothing there!” Xigbar said.

“What about the Computer Room?”

“As if!”

“I just checked the Computer Room…it appears it is without success as well” Luxord said.

“Err..” Saïx said, looking down at the ground in frustration.

“Hey! What’s going on?” Axel said, walking up to Saïx.

“Axel…have you seen a giant pot anywhere inside the castle?”

“Hmm…oh yeah! Roxas and Xion were using it earlier.”

Everyone suddenly stopped what they were doing, staring at Axel in shock.

“What? What’s going on?” Axel said, looking around in confusion.

“Retrieve them…and bring the pot back here...immediately,” Saïx said sternly.

_______​

“Xion! I’ll distract it, then you come from behind!”

“Got it!”

Roxas ran around the buildings edge, careful with the little space he had. The monster continued to shoot its orbs of cake batter, while Roxas continued to dodge. Xion hurried to the other side, ready to strike. Right as the monster came around to face Xion, Axel comes out of a portal.

“There you guys are! Everyone’s been looking-wooahh! What’s going on?!”

Xion dove straight towards the monster, slicing though it with her keyblade. The monster shook for a moment, letting out a bubbling sound. It flexed inward, then exploded, sending cake batter in every direction, covering the entire roof, Roxas, Xion, and Axel. The three looked at one another in shock, covered in a gooey mess. Axel looked down at himself, his hands, feet, and his robe tattered from top to bottom.

“…why do I always get stuck with the icky jobs?”

The three looked at one another with a smile, and laughed.

It was the best, and most memorable birthday, Axel ever had

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back