• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The KHI Fandom of the Month

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which Fandom do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
After we settle on a fandom, will we specify a group of characters? Fandoms like Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon have rather large casts, so I didn't know whether we would focus on one group exclusively for a given month (e.g.Keyblade wielders / Disney characters / Nobodies for KH; I don't know how we'd do it for Pokemon... old 150 vs new I-don't-even-know-how-many?)

Once you choose a fandom, the group of characters is up to you. I'd suggest discussing it amongst yourselves on groups; if any of you wanted to do that.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Although I like that Kingdom Hearts is currently in the lead, I'd like more for more people to vote...

I still need to vote myself.

I can understand why you'd want more people to vote, but you have to remember this section has been out of commission until recently. We might not have a lot of people writing and voting the first time around. Although, if we can do this more than once, it might draw more people in. It just gonna take some time to really hit it off. So, don't let it get you down so easily. c:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Looks like Kingdom Heart's won the majority of the vote.

A new thread will be made to put all our Kingdom Heart's stories inside of.

I could use suggestions on what title to make for the new thread. What with it being a free for all and nobody declaring what group they wish to write about from this fandom.

Working Titles:

*Paopu Fruit is for Friendship or Paopu Fruit is for November
*Nobodies for November
*Keyblade Heroes for November
*Key to our Hearts for November
*All for One and One for All for November

Any suggestions are welcome! I'll have the new thread up and running over the weekend. C:
-------

At the end of November, I'll have another poll like this one up to decide what, we write again for December. I may or may not leave Kingdom Hearts out of the running by then. Mostly because, I want others to have the options to write for something else.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Perhaps this is unimaginative of me, but I think something like "Fandom of November: Kingdom Hearts" would be fine. And I agree that taking it off the list for December makes sense.

I'm curious if there will also be a selection for the best story within a fandom at the end of the month.

Last edited:

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
tbh, i dont think you need to get overly complicated with the title.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Perhaps this is unimaginative of me, but I think something like "Fandom of November: Kingdom Hearts" would be fine. And I agree that taking it off the list for December makes sense.

I'm curious if there will also be a selection for the best story within a fandom at the end of the month.

@Hidden: That works for me actually. I think if it were too complicated of a title, it's cause confusion. xD Hmm, there could be, but I'll have to get back to you on that first.

@Passion: I was told the same exact thing yesterday. So, I'll it leave the title simple and get it running today. C:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
KitKat said:
@Hidden: That works for me actually. I think if it were too complicated of a title, it's cause confusion. xD Hmm, there could be, but I'll have to get back to you on that first.
If you wanted to make the Fandom of the Month into a 'competition' of sorts, there would be an easy way to do it. At the end of the month (Nov.30), create a poll in the FotM thread featuring all the stories written that month. Readers and authors could then vote for their favorite story for that month/fandom. It would bring the "Fandom of the Month" and the new idea for polls in writing threads together.

As for my own submission--the story I'm writing, though currently incomplete, is already long enough it might be awkward to post in a thread featuring many other stories. I was thinking of writing the first part of the story in your thread, then linking to the rest of the story in a separate thread that I'll put up. Would that work for you?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
If you wanted to make the Fandom of the Month into a 'competition' of sorts, there would be an easy way to do it. At the end of the month (Nov.30), create a poll in the FotM thread featuring all the stories written that month. Readers and authors could then vote for their favorite story for that month/fandom. It would bring the "Fandom of the Month" and the new idea for polls in writing threads together.

As for my own submission--the story I'm writing, though currently incomplete, is already long enough it might be awkward to post in a thread featuring many other stories. I was thinking of writing the first part of the story in your thread, then linking to the rest of the story in a separate thread that I'll put up. Would that work for you?

Your suggestion on a competiton of sorts is marvelous, Hidden. ;)

Yes. It works for me.

Okay, it's officially up everybody!

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Thanks to some recent inspiration, I now know exactly what I want to write. And I imagine most people will find it very boring. No comedy, no action, just talking :D

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Traditional chess works best, I think. I'm not knowledgeable enough about 3D-chess to write about it.

I considered using shogi as well, but I think chess works better aesthetically with Organization XIII.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Traditional chess works best, I think. I'm not knowledgeable enough about 3D-chess to write about it.

I considered using shogi as well, but I think chess works better aesthetically with Organization XIII.

I look forward to seeing it, Nyangoro. I have the feeling we might be seeing Luxord. Something about gambling and a game of chess, really screams his name to me.

If you guys are looking for the thread, it's right here: http://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/182918-november-kingdom-hearts-month.html

I'm working on my own KH story too. Haven't fully thought it out, but it's definitely in progress. C: Might see something shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back