• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The KH1 Ansem Reports

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I was rereading Ansem's Reports in KH1 and I realized, are these actually real? By that I mean I know these particular reports were written by Xehanort's Heartless, so are these Ansem the Wise's thoughts that XH copied down, are these false reports that XH made up to make Ansem look bad, or are these experiments that XH conducted himself after Ansem was banished?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The first Ansem Report was written by Ansem the Wise. The rest were by Apprentice Xehanort, then later Xehanort's Heartless as he conducted his experiments.

They served a dual purpose: to serve as the records of Xehanort's experiments and to be used as a way to frame Ansem the Wise for Xehanort's misdeeds in the eyes of the people.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Of course some aspects of them have proven to not be true as well such as Apprentice Xehanort claiming to have met and talked to Mickey (as Ansem the Wise) in the reports when we saw in KH2 that this wasn't the case.

Though that may be the only blatant lie in them. Haven't go through in a while.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
The first Ansem Report was written by Ansem the Wise. The rest were by Apprentice Xehanort, then later Xehanort's Heartless as he conducted his experiments.

The first report in KH1 was written by Ansem too? I remember in KH2 he says that he wrote Ansem Report 0.

Of course some aspects of them have proven to not be true as well such as Apprentice Xehanort claiming to have met and talked to Mickey (as Ansem the Wise) in the reports when we saw in KH2 that this wasn't the case.

Though that may be the only blatant lie in them. Haven't go through in a while.

I noticed that lie. The rest of the reports seemed fine. He talked about discovering the Heartless and the heart of the world, experimenting with the Heartless, creating the emblem Heartless, sending Kairi off to another world, and the first mention of the Nobodies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I noticed that lie. The rest of the reports seemed fine. He talked about discovering the Heartless and the heart of the world, experimenting with the Heartless, creating the emblem Heartless, sending Kairi off to another world, and the first mention of the Nobodies.

Depends on how much of his amnesia was real. Another thing that wasn't accurate was Kairi. His theory was she'd go to a keyblade wielder just cause of her status when it was Aqua's spell that either attributed to it or was solely responsible for where she ended up.

Hobbe

I always thought (ok, not always, but since KH2's release) that the bit about him meeting Mickey was just him pretending to be Ansem, in line with the entire idea of it being the "Ansem Reports." Obviously not at first, since Xehanort wasn't a thing at the time of KH1's release. But, it's later easy to explain that inconsistency as just another example of Xehanort "writing as though he were actually Ansem," since he did see Mickey and likely eavesdropped on the rest of that conversation.

Of course, having to use the word 'likely' instantly nullifies this as the true explanation, so it's really just something I choose to believe based on Xehanort's character and there being no other explanation for such an inconsistency at this point.

The fact that there are still so many unanswered questions regarding Xehanort's heartless and the Apprentice and his amnesia and the Guardian and stuff is what keeps me coming back to this series in between games. A lot of series don't have that spark. I just really hope all the questions have a trippy resolution and aren't just blunders.

Bethany Frye

Website
www.youtube.com
I read through these reports recently as well and I had the same questions...but now after reading all the replies to your thread I understand it all a lot better now. I think Xehanort is truly one of my favorite characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back