• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The KH Abbreviations-Compilation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Who doesn't know this issue, the fandom is theorizing, debating or just explaining things and it happens: Countless forms of abbreviations get thrown around and while some may be wide known by now some are not so much.

Newbies may be even thrown completely off sometimes by our nerd-speech, so I came up with the idea to compile the most common abbreviations together for better understanding, like the Nomura-interview-archive is for series-knowledge as a whole.

I'll categorize them in a list, but of course I won't be able to do all abbreviations on a whim.
So if you know another one that's not too exotic and actually used by the fandom (not only by yourself) just post it below and I will update the first post when I have the time. ;)

---

Characters:

Ansem SoD => Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, see also XH.
AtW => Ansem the Wise
AX => Apprentice Xehanort
LS => Lingering Sentiment, see also LW
LW => Lingering Will, see also LS
MF => Mysterious Figure
MX => Master Xehanort
TX => Terra-Xehanort
VR => Vanitas's Remnant
XH => Xehanort's Heartless, see also Ansem SoD
YX => Young Xehanort

Items & Weapons:

DE => Destiny's Embrace
ES => Earthshaker
IKK => Inverse Kingdom Key, see also KKD
KK => Kingdom Key
KKD => Kingdom Key D, see also IKK
KoPH => Keyblade of People's Hearts
RF => Rainfall
WtD => Way to the Dawn
WW => Wayward Wind
MK => Master Keeper (Eraqus' Keyblade)

Terms and Titles:

ASAS => Another Side, another story (Secret Ending of KH 1)
DD => Deep Dive (Secret Ending of KH 1 Final Mix)
DtD => Door to Darkness
KIC => Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony
MoM => Mark of Mastery
MoM => Master of Masters
PoH => Princess of Heart
PPS => Projected Physical Shell
OrgXIII => Organisation XIII (the first incarnation)
KtRH => Key to Return Hearts
GoL => Guardian of Light / Guardians of Light
BoP => Book of Prophecies

"Trios":

HPO => Hayner, Pence, Olette
MDG => Mickey, Donald, Goofy
RAN => Roxas, Axel, Namin�
RAX => Roxas, Axel, Xion
SDG => Sora, Donald, Goofy
SRK => Sora, Riku, Kairi
TAV => Terra, Aqua, Ventus

Universe:

CO => Castle Oblivion, see also LoD
CoD => Corridor of Darkness
CoR => Chamber of Repose (in Radiant Garden)
CoW => Chamber of Waking (in Castle Oblivion)
DI => Destiny Islands
HB => Hollow Bastion, see also RG
KG => Keyblade Graveyard
LoD => Land of Departure, see also CO
MA => Mirage Arena
OC => Olympus Coliseum
RG => Radiant Garden, see also HB
RoD => Realm of Darkness
RoI => Realm of In-between
RoL => Realm of Light
RoS => Realm of Sleep
TLTW => Twilight Town
TT => Traverse Town
TWTNW => The World that never was
TT.exe => Virtual Twilight Town

Games:

BBS => Birth by Sleep
KH I => Kingdom Hearts (I / 1)
CoM => Chain of Memories
ReCoM => Re: Chain of Memories
KH II => Kingdom Hearts II (2)
Days => Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
BBSv2 => Birth by Sleep Volume 2 (not confirmed, but widely used by the Fandom).
DDD/3D => Dream Drop Distance
KH III => Kingdom Hearts III (3)
I.5/ 1.5 => Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix (HD Remaster for PS3 including KH 1 Final Mix, Re: Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days as HD cutscenes)
II.5/ 2.5 => Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix (HD Remaster for PS3 including KH 2 Final Mix, Birth by Sleep Final Mix and Re: Coded as HD Cutscenes)
KHX => Kingdom Hearts X [chi] (Browser-game)
KHUX => Kingdom Hearts Unchained X [chi] (Smartphone-game)
KH 2.8 FCP (or variants of it like just "2.8" or "FCP") => Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (third "HD Remaster" for PS4 including Dream Drop Distance, Birth by Sleep 0.2 - A fragmentary passage and X Back Cover HD movie)
0.2 => Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 - A fragmentary passage (Demo/Prologue for KH III featuring Aqua as main playable character)
XBC/BC => Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover (HD movie centering around the five Foretellers from Kingdom Hearts X[chi]/Unchained X[chi])

Fanterms for unknown characters (Secret endings, trailers etc.):

BHK => Blonde-Haired-Kid (Roxas)
DS => Dark Soldier (Vanitas)
UEM => Unknown Elderly Mage (Master Xehanort)
AU => Armored Unknown (applies to Terra, Aqua and Ventus)
DWU => Dual-Wielding Unknown (Roxas in Deep Dive and Another Side, another story), see also GEU
GEU => Golden-eyed Unknown (also Roxas), see also DWU
SU => Sitting Unknown (Xemnas in Deep Dive, ASAS)

-----

Fanterms that are not abbreviations but still widely used:

Geezernort => Master Xehanort
Repliku => Shortened Name for the Riku Replica of Chain of Memories
Terranort => shortened form of the official Terra-Xehanort
Venitas => shortened form of the official Ventus-Vanitas
Rikunort => Term for Riku-Ansem, the form Riku takes for most of KH 2
Trollanort => Nickname for Young Xehanort.
Xehanorganisation, Xehaborg => Nicknames for the new/true Organisation XIII.
Xehanortification => Fanterm for the process of main villain Xehanort possessing other characters, making them his puppets/vessels.
Flowerboy => Nickname for Ephemer from x[chi].
Dandelion-kids => collective term for Ephemer and Skuld from x[chi].
Apocalypse-Coaty (Coaty) => Nickname for the "Master of Masters" from X[chi]-Back Cover (Nah, not possible!)
Goatblade => Nickname for Master Xehanort's Keyblade.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Should I feel proud that I know all of these abbreviations or...or concerned?

EDIT: But on a serious note, this is really helpful to those who have no clue what these abbreviations are and I commend you for taking the time and patience to make it easier for those who can't piece it together or simply don't know :)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
would this include other abbreviations in the forum like "IMO" or is this strictly kh stuff?
Well, it clearly says 'Kingdom Hearts' abbreviations, so there's your obvious answer.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...there needs to be BHK. Just 'cause. xD

But this is fantastic! Thank you very much. :) There's a couple on here that I didn't know of, so it's great to figure out what they mean.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
God the days of BHK, and I think I'd be concerned if I remember the KH abbreviations.

axel95

Awards
I'm in the same boat as you. It's great to come to a place where people have the same problem as me, knowing all of the KHI abbreviatons. Speaking of KHI, how come that isn't on the list?????? I know it has nothing to do with the games, but it's related to KH! And why aren't the game title abbreviations in the list?????

Gram

Banned
Awards
xD you forgot words like geezernort and repliku.

also ones such as:
LS/LW= Lingering Sentiment/Will
VR= Vanitas Remnant
MF= Mysterious figure

and personal fav i seen in the threads, fake twilight town or twilighttown.exe/TT.exe

LucasDraleau

Some Common ones, that I've seen around are:
OC - Olympus Coliseum - Seems to be a pretty common one since it's in every KH title.
MoM - Mark of Mastery - Going to be more common with 3D

Some more uncommon ones, that I've seen around are:
WtD - Way to the Dawn - Riku's Keyblade
WW - Wayward Wind - Ventus' Keyblade
ES - Earth Shaker - Terra's Keyblade
RF - Rainfall - Aqua's Keyblade
DtD - Door to Darkness - Important in I and II
HPO - Hayner, Pence, Olette - Twilight Town Trio
KIC - Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Are people just starting to make up some acryonyms for conveniences sake? Because I've never seen MDG, KoPH, RAN, in usage and have only seen people use the acronym form for Twilight Town, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion, and The World That Never Was.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

EDIT: But on a serious note, this is really helpful to those who have no clue what these abbreviations are and I commend you for taking the time and patience to make it easier for those who can't piece it together or simply don't know :)

Take that as you want, lol.

That was the intention behind it.
And as I wrote in the introduction, I don't claim this list to be complete, I just assembled the ones that I heard/read more than once (not only on KHInsider) and I could remember for myself.

...there needs to be BHK. Just 'cause. xD

But this is fantastic! Thank you very much. :) There's a couple on here that I didn't know of, so it's great to figure out what they mean.

BHK?
That was a fan-coined term for a still unknown character if I remember correctly, on the same vein as DS (Dark Soldier) for Vanitas.

These would get an own category I would say, as I think we also had one for Master Xehanort way back then and also for TAV before their names were known.

where's BHK :(

*shakes fist*

Hey, I explicitly said that list is not complete, lmao. :D

xD you forgot words like geezernort and repliku.

also ones such as:
LS/LW= Lingering Sentiment/Will
VR= Vanitas Remnant
MF= Mysterious figure

and personal fav i seen in the threads, fake twilight town or twilighttown.exe/TT.exe

Geezernort and Repliku? Are these really used that often? I can imagine the latter one but the former?

These other three you mention are however indeed widespread, especially in strategy threads.

AoM (Armor of the Master) would fall in there as well I would think.

Lol, TwilightTown.exe sounds really hilarious and funny, but I don't think that counts as an abbreviation.
And "TT" is the term for Traverse Town, not Twilight Town. ;)

Some Common ones, that I've seen around are:
OC - Olympus Coliseum - Seems to be a pretty common one since it's in every KH title.
MoM - Mark of Mastery - Going to be more common with 3D

Some more uncommon ones, that I've seen around are:
WtD - Way to the Dawn - Riku's Keyblade
WW - Wayward Wind - Ventus' Keyblade
ES - Earth Shaker - Terra's Keyblade
RF - Rainfall - Aqua's Keyblade
DtD - Door to Darkness - Important in I and II
HPO - Hayner, Pence, Olette - Twilight Town Trio
KIC - Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony

Great LucasDraleau, that's a whole bunch to be added. ;)

Are people just starting to make up some acryonyms for conveniences sake? Because I've never seen MDG, KoPH, RAN, in usage and have only seen people use the acronym form for Twilight Town, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion, and The World That Never Was.

KoPH is actually pretty common when speaking about the dark keyblade from KH 1 and the Trio-abbreviations are also often thrown around.
I specifically chose terms I was sure of hearing them more than just three times or so.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I remember when people tried to make BWAHOPL a thing ;;

(Also, I always use TWTN, not TLTN lol. If you do a forum search, you get lots of hits for TWTN but only one hit for TLTN and that's this thread, so I don't think it counts...)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

(Also, I always use TWTN, not TLTN lol. If you do a forum search, you get lots of hits for TWTN but only one hit for TLTN and that's this thread, so I don't think it counts...)

What exactly...does that abbreviation mean? o_0
Holy crap...I think it had something to do with Ventus...but I'm not sure.

TLTN I did also not use...I used TLTW, which gives interestingly two pages of search results, but I was always a bit confused at the actual abbreviation for Twilight Town and which is the most used. *ggg*.

Awards
I think this topic is a good idea for the sake of reference and also just for fun.

In addition to what other people have added, there's also the actual games:
BbS
CoM
Days
BbSv2 (yeah we don't know if it's a game, but it's important to know what it stands for in the fandom)
DDD/3D

These are pretty obvious but I think we should have them for the sake of completeness.
Also, just like to point out that the KKD has also been branded as the IKK (Inverse Kingdom Key)

MDG definitely isn't used often, but I have seen it used. RAN and KoPH have been used a decent amount.

BHK?
That was a fan-coined term for a still unknown character if I remember correctly, on the same vein as DS (Dark Soldier) for Vanitas.

These would get an own category I would say, as I think we also had one for Master Xehanort way back then and also for TAV before their names were known.

I totally think there should be a theory section with stuff like BHK.
I believe MX had a few different names, one of which was Uknown Elderly Mage (UEM), but I'm pretty sure that's not the one I used...
TAV were Armored Unknowns (AUs).
Vanitas was Dark Soldier (DS) as you said.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the names we had for people in DD/ASAS (there's two secret ending abbreviations to add, and while you're at it, SH=Sunset Horizons, though technically that's the name of the song and the actual secret ending is The Gathering).
I believe DD/ASAS included:
Dual Wielding Unknown (DWU)
Golden Eyed Unknown (GEU)
Sitting Unknown (SU)

or something to that effect.

Geezernort and Repliku? Are these really used that often? I can imagine the latter one but the former?

Geezernort was used for a little while around the time that MX's name was revealed (or perhaps before it).
I think those terms are good to have though. You could perhaps expand this into just a fan terminology thread in general which would also include things like Terranort, Rikunort, Venitas, etc.

Beings with Hearts of Pure Light.
Boy, did that drive me ape shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back