• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The KH 2.5 Voice Actor Dilemma

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
IDK if I'd cry, while her voice is very synonymous with Aqua at this point, I'm sure they could find someone who sounds similar that...IDK...puts more emotion into the lines? I can't be the only one who thought Willa's performance was mediocre at best. Some lines were said with perfection, other's sounded really odd.

No you're not the only one. I didn't think her performance was all that good either

Big Mad Draco

Gonna go a little off topic, I heard Jesse McCartney won't be voicing Roxas in KH3.Says so on IMDb.Not sure if it's false information.
They got him back to do about a dozen lines in 3D, I'm pretty sure they'll get him back for 3.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Unless something unfavourable happens, which I hope it won't, I think it's safe to say that they will have Jesse McCartney reprise his role as Roxas and Ventus in KH3. He's been doing that since KH2, and both Roxas and Ventus are major characters in the games, so there shouldn't be any change on their VA.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm confident all the Organization members will return for the new scenes. They always seem to be available for even for the tiniest of cameos. Either Naminé would work for me.

I really want Willa back for the Realm of Darkness though. I will be crushed if it doesn't happen. ;A;

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I really want Christopher Lee, Brittany Snow, Hayden Panitierre, Billy Zane, and the actual Disney voice actors to come back. I remember when KH was advertised as having all of these original voice actors from the movies coming back to do the voices, and now it's like a bunch of random people.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really want Christopher Lee,
Too old and probably not in good health to travel to America to record.

Brittany Snow
Been gone for 8 years

Hayden Panitierre
Comes back sporadically.

Billy Zane
Been gone for 11-12 years.

and the actual Disney voice actors
No idea why they only have 3 Disney voice actors in Dream Drop Distance (excluding the characters relevant to the main plot).

:(

I remember when KH was advertised as having all of these original voice actors from the movies coming back to do the voices, and now it's like a bunch of random people.
Probably will go all-out for an actual console title.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I remember when KH was advertised as having all of these original voice actors from the movies coming back to do the voices, and now it's like a bunch of random people.

No idea why they only have 3 Disney voice actors in Dream Drop Distance (excluding the characters relevant to the main plot).

Wait, what? Are you guys talking about the voices for Disney characters? Kingdom Hearts uses the original Disney voices unless the original voices are A-list actors who don't return, or the voices have gone into retirement or they have, unfortunately, passed away. Can't really get around any of those.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wait, what? Are you guys talking about the voices for Disney characters? Kingdom Hearts uses the original Disney voices unless the original voices are A-list actors who don't return, or the voices have gone into retirement or they have, unfortunately, passed away. Can't really get around any of those.

Um...Yeah. That is exactly what they are talking about.

The thing about KH3D is that it was the first game in ages where we had the least "all-star" actors. Barely anybody from the Disney material reprised their roles except three people. Not even Olivia Wilde reprised her role and she loves "nerd culture", she did that god awful Evolution game & did like a few sentences for Uprising. And from what I am aware, pretty sure she was in Los Angeles at the time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Like Master Spockanort said, apart from the regular Disney characters (Donald, Mickey, Pete), only 3 Disney voice actors were in the game. It doesn't help that two worlds were based around Mickey, but for characters like Quorra, Esmerelda, and Quasimodo, it was disappointing that they couldn't get the actual Voice Actors.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Like Master Spockanort said, apart from the regular Disney characters (Donald, Mickey, Pete), only 3 Disney voice actors were in the game. It doesn't help that two worlds were based around Mickey, but for characters like Quorra, Esmerelda, and Quasimodo, it was disappointing that they couldn't get the actual Voice Actors.

That's fair, it's somewhat surprising that Olivia Wilde didn't come back, but I wasn't expecting Demi Moore (of course, Jason Alexander did come back). On one hand, that is an abnormal amount without the usual talent, but on the other there weren't that many Disney worlds in this one when compared to most of the others. It's just an odd circumstance but I really don't think it's a sign of things to come.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
That's fair, it's somewhat surprising that Olivia Wilde didn't come back, but I wasn't expecting Demi Moore (of course, Jason Alexander did come back). On one hand, that is an abnormal amount without the usual talent, but on the other there weren't that many Disney worlds in this one when compared to most of the others. It's just an odd circumstance but I really don't think it's a sign of things to come.

I'm surprised that Jason Alexander actually reprised his role. I didn't think he would be into voice work for a video game.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
TBF, a lot of Disney's voice actors do this kind of thing. It's only the originals missing in this case.

I never thought Olivia Wilde to be the type to actually do this game. Granted I don't pay much attention to her. Of course there is always stuff like scheduling(though she was allegedly in L.A.), demand, etc.

what's odd for me is neither Tom Hulce nor the actor who played Sam reprised their roles. They don't seem to be at the height of their fame, and Hulce did the hunchback DTV sequel(though that was with Moore and Kevin Kline too, so maybe not the best comparison)

The replacement actors they got were pretty good, though.

I'm surprised that Jason Alexander actually reprised his role. I didn't think he would be into voice work for a video game.
Until maybe a few months ago, he didn't seem to have much work at all. And even now all ive seen of him recently was on Hollywood Game Night and he guest stars on an episode of Kirstie on TVLand this week.

No you're not the only one. I didn't think her performance was all that good either

It's more voice direction that's usually bad with square games.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I never thought Olivia Wilde to be the type to actually do this game. Granted I don't pay much attention to her. Of course there is always stuff like scheduling(though she was allegedly in L.A.), demand, etc.

Olivia Wilde professes that she is a fan of geekdom, and she's lent her voice to the Tron franchise in a crash-n-burn game and cameoed in an episode of Uprising. It seemed only natural she'd reprise her role in KH3D, especially since the franchise is pretty well-known and that Quorra model was so spot on. They usually show this stuff to the actors, anyways. At least they showed the PotC cast their models for KH2.

what's odd for me is neither Tom Hulce nor the actor who played Sam reprised their roles. They don't seem to be at the height of their fame, and Hulce did the hunchback DTV sequel(though that was with Moore and Kevin Kline too, so maybe not the best comparison)

Tom Hulce hasn't really worked on anything new for years. His last acting gig was in 2008 and went inactive in 2010.

As for Garrett Hedlund, I think he was filming in something at the time anyways. Regardless, he was a person I never expected to reprise his role.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I was never fond of Willa's work in bbs, I actually felt it was very flat and emotionless at times... I have no issues with her not returning...

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Are you kidding? I like Willa and Jason's voices. At first back in 2010 it was odd, but now I have grown attached and wouldn't want them to be replaced unless something happens that they can't return.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Are you kidding? I like Willa and Jason's voices. At first back in 2010 it was odd, but now I have grown attached and wouldn't want them to be replaced unless something happens that they can't return.
Her voice did grow on me as well but only really to a point where it was tolerable... I'm indifferent =/
I would be cool if she came back or if she was replaced with someone >= her...

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Her voice did grow on me as well but only really to a point where it was tolerable... I'm indifferent =/
I would be cool if she came back or if she was replaced with someone >= her...
I kinda found it odd as well with Willa as Aqua, I mean the first time i first set eyes on her character design i thought she was extremely feminized despite the fact she was Eraqus pupil and about to take on the oncoming danger. Willa's voice fits her well as a strong female lead just as Ali Hillis for lightning.

I got used to Willa as it adds to Aqua's unique charm but one emotionless voiced character that had this that i could never shake off was Mena that voiced aerith in KH2 i couldn't stand. she did well in the past but i disliked her role in two.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I got used to Willa as it adds to Aqua's unique charm but one emotionless voiced character that had this that i could never shake off was Mena that voiced aerith in KH2 i couldn't stand. she did well in the past but i disliked her role in two.

Huh, Aerith never did make an impression to me... probably precisely because there's nothing to be impressed about when it comes to her voice. Go figure.

And actually, Mena Suvari only voiced her in KH2. In KH1 she was voiced by Mandy Moore.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
And actually, Mena Suvari only voiced her in KH2. In KH1 she was voiced by Mandy Moore.

Mandy that's the one! Yeah her VA job as Aerith in one was vastly superior to mena in two. I knew something was off when she started talking to cloud in radiant gardens market. There was no expression and the tone was flat all the way though her lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back