• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Keys to the Kingdom [Based on the Series by Garth Nix] (OOC and Sign-Ups)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
The Keys to the Kingdom – A series by Garth Nix

Seven days. Seven keys. Seven virtues. Seven sins. One mysterious house is the doorway to a very mysterious world.

Read about the series (if you aren’t familiar with it) and if you are here is a refresher:
The Keys to the Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You don't need to read the series to be in the RP!

-Plot-

One Monday, a boy name Arthur Penhaligon was dying of an Asthma attack during his gym class. But as he lay dying on the ground two men named Mister Monday and Sneezer, Monday’s butler, appeared out of no where. Arthur thought he was imagining it because of his Asthma attack. Especially when Sneezer pushed a stick in his hand that looked exactly liked the minute hand of a clock. He also gave him a book called the Complete Atlas of the House. When Mister Monday and Sneezer left, Arthur saw lines of text floating above him. It was called the Will. No matter what the Will must be done. Little did Arthur know this was only the beginning of his amazing adventure.

His adventure led him to a mysterious place called the House, the center of all things. It is another universe in itself. There he is told by the Will that he is the Rightful Heir to the Keys to the Kingdom because he just happened to be dieing on the right Monday. There are Seven Keys to the Kingdom. Each Key was entrusted to a Trustee and each Trustee hid a part of the Will. The names of the Trustees were Mister Monday, Grim Tuesday, Drowned Wednesday, Sir Thursday, Lady Friday, Superior Saturday, and Lord Sunday. These Trustees were only supposed to keep the key until the rightful heir was ready to take their place. But the trustees wanted to keep that power for themselves. So they hid the seven parts of the Will and continued to destroy the House and the Secondary Realms.

Now Arthur has to reclaim all seven keys from the evil trustees. If he doesn’t then the House and the Secondary realms are in danger.

-The House-
The House - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The house is an entity all by itself. Think of it as another universe where all of time has originated. The Architect built the house and everyone inside. The creator also created the secondary realms where we live, one of those realms being Earth. The House is huge and Arthur always runs into it when he thinks things are finally going to be normal. It sort of resembles a rather large mansion. When the House manifest it self in the secondary realms that means something is wrong. Arthur can enter the house in various ways. If the house has manifested itself in the secondary realm that means that there is an opening for him to enter.

- Areas of the House and which is each Trustee’s domain -
Detailed Descriptions of the House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Lower House - Ruled by Mister Monday
The Far Reaches - Ruled by Grim Tuesday
The Border Sea - Ruled by Drowned Wednesday
The Great Maze - Ruled by Sir Thursday
The Middle House - Ruled by Lady Friday
The Upper House - Ruled by Superior Saturday
The Incomparable Gardens - Ruled by Lord Sunday

- The Seven Keys to the Kingdom -
Description of the Keys to the Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The First Key – The hour and minute hand of a clock (When the two pieces are combined it resembles a sword having a silver and golden blade. It is strongest in the Lower House and on Monday.)

The Second Key – Gauntlets (Gives the wearer power to make anything from the dangerous substance, nothing. It is strongest in The Far Reaches and on Tuesday)

The Third Key – Trident (The key can adjust its size and is used to control the far reaches of the Border Sea. It is strongest in the Border Sea and on Wednesday.)

The Fourth Key – Sword (It takes the form of a white and glowing green baton when used by Arthur; changes into a rapier when he is in danger. When it was used by Sir Thursday it took the form of a broadsword. It is strongest in the Great Maze and on Thursday.)

The Fifth Key – Mirror (It is a bright silver mirror. The user can transport to any location that they have previously visited as long as it has some type of reflective surface. It is the strongest in the Middle House and on Friday.)

The Sixth Key – Quill Pen (It is used to write exceptionally complicated spells. It is strongest in the Upper House and on Saturday.)

The Seventh Key – Unknown (The seventh key is unknown so if you choose to be Lord Sunday you will have to get creative. But the Key is paramount and no matter what it always keeps its full power. Its power is sovereign both in the House and in the Secondary Realms.)

- Nothing and Nithlings -
Nothing and Nithlings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nothing – A mysterious substance that is dangerous for anyone, and sometimes anything it comes in contact with, except immaterial items.

Nithlings – Small animal like creatures formed from nothing. Running into Nithlings are very dangerous. A Nithling can even kill an immortal Denizen of the House with its deadly nothing based attacks. There are also many different types of Nithlings.

- The Piper -
The Keys to the Kingdom - The Piper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Piper is the third son of the Architect and the Old One. He was cast into nothing when he tried to free the Old One from his prison. The Piper is the one who brought the Piper’s Children and the Raised rats to the House. He is able to control the piper’s children and the raised rats by use of his pipes. The Piper believes that he is the rightful heir to the Keys to the Kingdom and last reports indicate that he is going to attack the Upper House, where Lord Sunday resides. He has created an army of new nithlings to do his work as well as controlling the piper’s children and the raised rats to create his army.

- Your Goal -

What we will be doing is either picking a character from the novels or making up our own Original characters that are either mortals or Denizens of the House. We’re going to act out the story in the series. But this is our version so it can go either way. We need to make sure that all of the trustee’s are taken first. Remember, all of the trustees are trying to stop Arthur from accomplishing his goal of becoming the rightful heir of the Keys to the Kingdom. Most of the trustees have Dawn, Noon, and Dusks (their right hand men or women that can perform the trustees dirty work on the day the trustee governs during the day’s Dawn, Noon, or Dusk). With the exception of Tuesday who has his seven grotesques (a creation that Tuesday made mixed with his Dawn, Noon, and Dusk). We can then focus on the other characters once the trustees are taken.

- Rules -

- All KHInsider Rules apply! (If you don’t know what those are go read them in the KHInsider Forums - FAQ )

- Keep it PG-13! (We can have romance but don’t be graphic)

- You can have up to two characters and no more! If you’re already controlling one character from the book, then your second character has to be an original one unless enough people don’t join then you can have another one from the series.

- Have Fun! This RP is meant to be fun! Especially if you’ve read the series. But if you haven’t I’m quite sure you can still enjoy yourself as long as you read the novels summaries to understand what’s going on.

- The Keys to the Kingdom Characters Full Descriptions -
Characters of The Keys to the Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Arthur and his allies –

Arthur Penhaligon – Spyells

Leaf (She’s a mortal so use that template) -

Suzy Turquoise Blue (She is one of the Piper’s Children so that is the template that needs to be used) -

Dame Primus (The Will) [Use the regular template for her] -

Sneezer (He’s a denizen) -

- The Morrow Days and their Minions -
The Morrow Days Descriptions – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mister Monday -

Monday’s Dawn -

Monday’s Noon -

Monday’s Dusk -

Grim Tuesday -

Tuesday’s Grotesques (One person can control all seven) -

Drowned Wednesday -

Dawn (Wednesday ate her Noon and Dusk so her Dawn is the only one left) -

Sir Thursday -

Marshal Dawn -

Marshal Noon -

Marshal Dusk -

Lady Friday -

Dawn -

Noon -

Dusk -

Superior Saturday -

Dawn -

Noon -

Dusk -

Lord Sunday -

Dawn -

Noon -

Dusk -

- Miscellaneous Characters -
Characters of The Keys to the Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lieutenant Keeper -

The Mariner -

The Architect -

The Old One -

The Piper -

Pravuil -

Bathroom Attendants (They wash the Piper’s Children behind the ears to erase their memory)

- List of Participants in Role Play -

The Heir of the Keys to the Kingdom

Spyells - Arthur Penhaligon

Trustees of the House

Original Characters

Denizens of the House

Piper’s Children

Mortal

Spyells - Ishia Davis

- Templates -

Trustee Template

Trustee’s name:
Their Key:
Their Sin:
How they have contributed to the House’s downfall:
Their Minions:
Appearance:
Bio:

Denizen Template(Use this one for the Morrow Days Dawn, Noon, and Dusks)

Name:
Precedent in the House:
What job they do:
Appearance:
Personality:

Mortal/Original Character Template(Unless it is a denizen that is an original character, then use that template)

Name:
Personality:
Bio:

Piper’s Children

Name:
Age (that they appear as they have been in the house for a few centuries):
Appearance:
Precedent in the House and Occupation:
Personality:
Bio: (Should include where they are from, such as the time period because it won’t be in this time period it should be a couple of centuries back, their family, and how the Piper led them into the house)

If you’ve read this post please put, “The Will must be Done!” in the beginning of your post.

My templates:

Name: Arthur Penhaligon

Precedent in the House: 1; His official title goes as follows: "Lord Arthur Penhaligon, Rightful Heir to the House, the Keys of the Kingdom and the Architect, Master of the Lower House, Lord of the Far Reaches, Duke of the Border Sea, Overlord of the Great Maze, Commander in Chief of the Glorious Army of the Architect, Master of the Middle House, and Ruler of the Upper House".

Appearance: http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/spyells/Micellaneous/SuperiorSaturday.jpg

Personality: Arthur likes to keep to himself. He isn’t the popular type and chooses to avoid the other children because he is ashamed of his severe asthma attacks. Arthur is kind. He normally follows the orders of the Will unless he feels that those orders are not to his liking. But because of changes to his mortality from using the keys, Arthur has begun to turn into a Denizen of the House. And he is a superior Denizen now, so unfortunately this means his mind is plagued with thoughts of anger, irritation, and arrogance.

Bio: Arthur has just moved to a new town and wants to fit in. Arthur was adopted and does not know his biological family. Arthur is a severe asthmatic and can’t do strenuous exercise. While he is in P.E. (Physical Education Class) his teacher makes him run with the rest of the class. But the running is too much for his weak lungs, and Arthur falls out. Leaf and her brother Ed run over to him and they realize that Arthur needs help. The two run to go get the teacher. But as Arthur lay there dying, a man pushing a wheelchair appears out of no where. He is talking to the man in the chair and they seem to be trying to decide something. They come over to Arthur and the one pushing the wheelchair forcefully shoves what appears to be a rod in Arthur’s hand. Then the two disappear leaving Arthur confused and disoriented as to what happened. There is text floating in the grass above his head as well as a book called the Complete Atlas of the House. The rod was the first Key to the kingdom, it may have stopped his asthma attack, but it brought a whole host of other problems with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ishia Davis

Appearance: A pretty girl with brown skin, hazel eyes, and long black hair. Ishia normally wears jean shorts and a red tank top. She also wears sketchers sandals and a diamond necklace once given to her by her father. She also favors wearing a Mickey Mouse watch she won during a school lottery.

Personality: Ishia is a very outgoing girl. She is not shy and is not afraid to speak her mind. Ishia is very brave and a loyal friend. She will do whatever it takes to protect those who are dear to her. Ishia does have a temper so watch out and try not to make her angry. She is also a good listener and tries to take what she hears to heart. Ishia is also very good at keeping secrets.

Bio: Ishia has lived in this town for years. She has two older brothers that are both in college. Her father passed away when she was small from cancer. So her Mom has been a struggling single mother for several years; trying to send two children through college and provide a comfortable and loving home for her daughter. Ishia is now in seventh grade and hating every minute of it. The first day of school started off okay, which normally means it started off pretty boring. But on this particular day while in gym class, the new boy passed out. Ishia and the others ran over to see what was going on as soon as Leaf and Ed sounded the alarm. The boy didn’t look too good. In fact he looked as if he was dying. But miraculously he came back. Ishia did notice him placing a small book in his back pocket, but at the time she didn’t give much thought as to what it was. Later, she would come to realize that this was the complete Atlas of the House. It wouldn’t have had much meaning to her at the time anyway. But it does later when she hooks up with Leaf and Ed to help Arthur any way she can.​

K

kingdomfighter5

Re: The Keys to the Kingdom (OOC and Sign-Ups)

It looks very interesting. Ill have to think about it though. I would like to try to be a part. I havent read the series so I might not be the best person to be in the roleplay. Ill check it out later and get back to you. It looks very fun though :D

Spyells

It looks very interesting. Ill have to think about it though. I would like to try to be a part. I havent read the series so I might not be the best person to be in the roleplay. Ill check it out later and get back to you. It looks very fun though :D

I hope you can join. I don't care if the people in the role play have read the books, all they need to know is the summary of the series and their own characters description. And they can get all of that with the Wikipedia links I gave. =)

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s

I've read the first book and have been meaning to read the others, I will try to get around to reading all of the wikipedia pages since I do like the book series so far and it sounds fun.

If I manage to read all of the pages and they aren't taken I could probably take a trustee or two.

Spyells

I've read the first book and have been meaning to read the others, I will try to get around to reading all of the wikipedia pages since I do like the book series so far and it sounds fun.

If I manage to read all of the pages and they aren't taken I could probably take a trustee or two.

Thanks! xD
I hope you can read the pages. If you don't want to read everything just read the summary of the series and the description of the character you pick. I think that should be enough if you don't have the time. xD

I guess no one is interested. =(

Spyells

its sounds good but i haven't read any of the books

It doesn't matter. Just read the summary of the series and it should make enough sense. :lol:

Come on guys! You don't have to have read the series to be in the role play. =(

I guess if I ever try this again I will just make it so that we all create the plot as we go. If no one is truly interested then I'll just close the thread. =(

Spyells

I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING A RP!!!! I'm trying to make all my templates and I keep realizing that I forgot to add one to my list so now I can get to working on this one! Lol thank you Spyells I would still have forgotten if you hadn't posted in here again!

Lol, your welcome! It seems a lot of people have either forgotten about this one or are just not interested. I was hoping to get more participants. If you know anyone else who is interested be sure to let them know about this role play. They don't need to have read the novels to be in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back