• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Keybladers:A New Journey

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

the 4th Islander

The one and only Jayx
Website
www.freewebs.com
[NOTE: I just wanted to mention this is based on an RP done a year or so back, created by *Destiny Seeker*. see guys, i finally wrote a book like promissed]

Chapter 1

A new beginning

A change came across the island. The ocean waves began to rise, crashing against the island like a battering ram. The sky above started to darken, filled with heavy gray clouds. The moon was nowhere to be seen, but in it’s place, something else began to form. A black, spiraling wormhole-like sphere in the sky, small at first, but growing bigger as it sucked up the surrounding group of islands.

Black blobs started to emerge from the ground, slowly. The blobs turned into odd twisted figures with eerie bright yellow eyes. Their hands and feet were black claws attacked to limbs and a small body. Their heads were round black circles with crooked antennae at the top. Their whole body twitched, and when they moved, they did so in a crawl.

More and more of them started to appear, engulfing the islands with twitching black clouds of these creatures, matching the darkness in the sky. Destiny Islands, was done for.

One Week Before…

Jayx sat on an unusually shaped tree, gazing at the ocean, deep in thought. Her brown and green rimmed eyes were glazed over. She scratched her freckled face offhandedly. The wind blew her hair into her face; she brushed it away, looking annoyed. It was a dark brown, cut an inch or so below her ears, except in the front where two strands (a little past shoulder-length) fluttered in the breeze. She looked to be in her early teens, thirteen, fourteen at most, though the sparkle in her eyes showed her true age, which seemed to still be in the one digits.

Jayx shook her head slightly, looking back at the object in her lap, a large tangle of extremely complicated knots; it was about the size of a volleyball. She looked at it, frowning slightly, then picking it up, fiddling with it, and looking determined. After a few seconds she tossed it aside, muttering "stupid knot." After a few minutes she stood up, gently picking up the knot as though it was a delicate piece of fine art and placed it back inside her bag.

She brushed herself off and started walking to the dock. She paused and turned in a full circle for a moment, looking at the tiny, deserted, tropical island. No one else had been there for at least 20 years. Thinking about it made her sad for some reason.

Jayx stopped looking around and started towards the dock again. She got halfway there when suddenly she fell to her knees coughing. Tiny white lights patruded from her mouth, flying all over the place. She seemed to be in a lot of pain, unable to stop her fit of coughing. It was about five minutes later that it finally stopped. She sat there for a moment, her eyes watering, catching her breath, and looking very worried. Once she had stopped breathing so heavily, she stood up and hurried quickly to her boat, paddling away from the island like a madman. She had to tell the others…

* * *​

The ocean waves hit Roy hard, waking him almost instantly. He stood up, drenched, his semi-long bleach blonde hair covering his eyes, blocking his vision. His first thought was "why am I wet?" He brushed his hair out of his eyes to be greeted by a never-ending ocean. "AH! WHAT THE HELL?!" he yelled, nearly falling over, back into the wet sand. He was a fairly tall guy, around fourteen, or fifteen, slightly muscular, and currently more freaked out then he had ever been in his life.

He spun around in a circle quickly, looking around at his surroundings. He stood on the shores of a big island. In the distance he could see some small houses and buildings. "Where am I?" he said under his breath. He started walking, trying to find someone to tell him what was going on. He soon saw an old man walking past at a slow speed. He walked up to the man, about to ask him when his eyes caught sight of a blonde teenage girl dressed in all pink, around his age, with a group of giggling friends around her all dect-out in the same color. Roy grinned and ran over to the girls (after brushing himself off and fixing his hair) for some ""explanations".

* * *​

Ken continued rowing his boat, heading in the direction of a visible island, much smaller than the Mainland. The island was noticeable only because of its gigantic trees and other plants completely covering it. As he got closer, it was visible how old the place was. The Island seemed completely deserted and it looked like no one had been there for awhile.

He arrived on an old small dock. No boats were tied to the poles holding up the dock, but a cut end of a rope still remained, knotted so tightly it wasn’t surprising the person who tied it decided to cut the boat free. Ken hopped onto the dock and walked onto the island. He spun in a circle looking at the place, it looked so old, but you could tell people once visited here. Stairs and many bridges were built all over the place to make it easier to walk around. In one area, where a very large tree was, there were many decks, ladders, and walkways, leading up to an ancient tree house. As he continued to explore it became even more apparent that people were once here (most likely not adults) but not now. No one had been on the island for at least 20 years, or so his father said.

Ken came to a halt as he passed a mini waterfall, he could have sworn he saw something there… He walked next to the waterfall and sure enough, there it was, a small opening in the wall, barely visible because of the large bushes that almost completely covered it. He walked over to it curiously, moving the branches. A hole was there, big enough for the average adult to squeeze through. Ken did exactly that and found himself in a kind of rock hallway/tunnel. He started to walk forward…he turned the corner to find himself in a small cave, pictures were carved into the walls, hundreds of them. He passed them glancing at every one, his hand brushing over them lightly. He stopped at the sight of two drawing side by side, slightly separated from all the rest. There wasn’t a doubt in his head that little kids drew them. He recognized one of the people immediately, the pointy, sticking up hair, just like his, was a dead give away. Sora. The forgotten hero of Destiny Islands, and many other worlds. Sora, his dad. These must have been the pictures of him and Kairi that he always talked about. The picture of Ken’s parents.

Ken smiled, laughing slightly at them. Light shone through a crack in the top of the cave and onto Ken’s brown, oddly pointy, hair. He glanced up at the crack through the top, then did a double take. His attention captured by something else. Something at the very end of the cave… Ken looked at it puzzled. "What…is that?" he said quietly to himself. "A door?"

* * *​

Jen stood on the shore of the Mainland, the wind blowing her shoulder-length brown hair into her equally brown, watering eyes. It had been abnormally windy all morning. She was staring at the ocean, looking, not at the small island strait ahead, but at the cloud-covered area far in the distance.

Jen had been wondering for some time now what was past that area. Once she could have sworn she’d seen something dark purple between the clouds at one point a few weeks back. The stories told to her by her older cousin Sora only confirmed her theory that something was, in fact, there. Maybe that was the way to the other worlds like her cousin and his friends had believed at one point. Jen was determined to find out.

Unfortunately there had recently been some things preventing her from leaving, such as the recent storm that had hit the island a few days ago had completely destroyed her boat, and her only way of traveling between the islands, and it was now beyond repair. So she was currently in the market for a new one. But having no money what so ever at the moment was a slight problem.

The wind blew her hair in her face again, covering her face and making it impossible to see. But in that moment, just before, when she was still staring out at the clouds she saw it again. A part of a dark purple object! Jen quickly brushed her hair out of her eyes in hopes to see it more clearly…. As soon as she finished, she looked over at where it had been, but it was gone. "What was that thing?" she said quietly to herself.

She spun around in almost a complete circle until she was facing the direction, of the center, of the Mainland, then started walking towards it. A determined look on her face. Today she would buy her boat.

Last edited:

the 4th Islander

The one and only Jayx
Website
www.freewebs.com
thanks ^^

Chapter 2​
Feeble Attempts​

Jayx woke up that morning, hoping to check out the other Islands for reasons regarding her recent coughing fit. She knew something bad was going to happen, but the trouble was, she didn’t know why, or when. That morning she left her hut-like tree house, (which was identical to all the other houses in the area, neatly built. Made from wood, fairly small.) But she was immediately spotted by an important looking man who strolled up to Jayx briskly, his brightly colored suit caught her attention. "Yes?" she asked the man curiously. She recognized him. He was always hanging around the mechanics in The Clearing.

"You are Jayxaline I presume?" he asked in a squeaky, but business-like tone.

Jayx looked irritated by the accusation of her full name. "Jayx if you don’t mind." She said in a falsely kind voice, though there was a hint of annoyance she couldn’t hide. "How may I help you?"

"Oh pardon me, I haven’t introduced myself!" the man said, still keeping the professional heir in his voice. Jayx noticed his extremely bushy mustache quivered when he pronounced his Ts and Ps, which he pronounced as though spitting them out of his mouth. The man continued. "I am Henry Shermire, I am in charge of looking after the Gummi Ship Technology Progress." He said puffing out his chest with pride. Jayx also noticed he spit out his SHs

She continued to speak to him in a polite, but slightly cold, tone.

"Oh, so they finally replaced Ol’ Boone?"

Mr. Shermire nodded and continued. "The workers are having some difficulties with a particular ship, a large, bright orange one-"

"Hey I thought that one was off limits!" Jayx interrupted, obviously upset with the news.

"Yes well I wanted to speed up the research on ship advancements and that one seemed to be the most technologically advanced. So I ordered them to study it and-"

"YOU ORDERED THEM TO TAKE APART ME SHIP!?" Jayx yelled furiously. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT! AND THE WORKERS KNOW THEY’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH IT!!!" she boomed her voice growing louder then a fog horn.

Mr. Shermire cut in nervously, "yes, well that’s precicly the problem, they said I would have to consult the owner about it. I now see that’s you… I must say, I was expecting someone a bit….older…" he said, his professional heir came back during the explanation, and so did his confidence. They however, instantly disappeared as he saw the look on Jayx’s face.

"th-there will be some, some papers I will need to see, to-to backup your c-claim as being the owner of the par-particular ship." Mr. Shermire stuttered, his naturally semi-squeaky voice turning into a full squeak.

Jayx sighed, irritated. "Well I suppose I’ll have to postpone my little trip." She said irritably and reluctantly followed Mr. Shermire to The Clearing.

Gummi Ships were rocket-like ships that were made of Gummi, squishy material called Gummi Blocks, many of which, were found on the particular island that Jayx and about 40 or 50 other people resided.

The Gummi Blocks were discovered to easily bind to one another to form a nearly uninpenetrable hard substance. A few years later, after many studies and experiments, an idea popped up into some islander’s head that they could construct large ships, capable of penetrating the barrier of that separated this world from the others (such was a large concept at the time of the possibilities of other worlds). Thus the Gummi Ship was born.

The building of Gummi Ships was difficult work and only a few people knew the way in which to build them, and even fewer knew how to fly them. Jayx was one of those few, taught by her long gone parents who were some of the best at the art. They had built one of the greatest ships there, which was inherited by Jayx after their passing. Because of this fact, Jayx was extremely protective of it and got upset when some one so much as mentioned examining it.

Dealing with the Gummi Ship problem ended up taking all day. Mr. Shermire was extremely stubborn, but Jayx was even more so. By the time things were settled it was almost dark. Jayx walked home in an irritated mood that night, and swore to herself she’d go check out the islands the next morning.

Ken went back to the door the following day, studying it for hours. He tried everything he could to open it but it wouldn’t budge. There was no sign of a doorknob on the door, no handle, nothing.

Eventually Ken slumped against a wall, accepting defeat. There was no way to open it, none. Ken banged his head against the wall, thinking, trying to come up with something. Then it clicked. He smiled and pulled a small book out of his pocket. The book looked old and worn out, like it had been through a lot. On the cover in big bold letters (which stood out well against the bright yellow book) BLACK MAGIC FOR DUMMIES with a picture of a witch hat on it.

Ken had found the book a few days ago while swimming in the ocean(it was at the very bottom and took him forever to get it). Amazingly, the book seemed unharmed. The pages were a little damp but besides that it was fine, perfectly easy to read. He was fascinated by the book and was fascinated to show it off to his parents and younger brother. His father, seeing the book, mentioned how it reminded him of his younger days and started to, for the millionth time, re-tell the story of his childhood. Ken, for once, listened eagerly. His father didn’t get far in his story before Ken’s attention was caught on the part about the island his father and his father’s friends used to play on when they were younger. Ken had almost immediately stopped his father from continuing and started questioning him about the island.

"Go see for yourself, it’s only about 10 to 15 minutes away from here by boat." His father had said casually. As soon as possible Ken set out to the island. One thing led to another and he completely forgot about the book.

But now Ken was intently searching through the pages, hoping to find something for opening doors, or objects, or anything. He found nothing. So he started shouting/casting random spells at the door.

"uh….FIRE!" he yelled, pointing at the door. A weak flame appeared. Though weak, it still made Ken jump, startled. He quickly yelled the counter, "BLIZZARD!" an ice chunk appeared in the fire’s place.

He continued this for some time until it struck him that the spells had no effect on the door what so ever. He once again went over to his spot against the wall and sulked, trying to think of another way to open the door.

Jen woke up unnaturally determined the next morning. She immediately set out to find some work (she was broke at the moment). She offered to mow lawns, walk dogs, pick up litter, even feed someone’s fish. She was able to quickly earn some profit from the jobs and many more. Her wages were small, but she was desperate.

Near noon she sat down to count her profit(which was mainly made up of coins).

"Six hundred…and seventy three munny" (6 dollars and 73 cents) she said looking slightly cheerful. "Well that’s not that bad, a boat can’t be much more then ten hundred munny ($10) can it?" she said to herself happily, then walked off to the shop to see an exact price.

When Jen arrived at the Boat Shack, her jaw dropped. "4,895 munny?! THAT’S REDICULOUS!!" she yelled in frustration. This is hopeless, how am I supposed to get that much money?! She thought gloomily.

She set back to work, now more desperate then before. She took every job thrown at her, no matter how hard. Her efforts had tripled and the sighting of the purple thing in the clouds yet again only sped up her attempts. She started working like a mad man after that. Continuing to ask for more work.

At one point Jen stopped for a second while carrying a large stack of bricks to the other side of the Island for Old Man Jenkins, and realized how insane she must be. Doing all this work, just to get a boat, just to find out what was behind those clouds. For all she knew she could be imagining the purple thing in clouds. She could go all the way out there and discover there was nothing there at all. Then she would have been doing all this work for nothing. That’d suck.

As Jen considered this possibility, she happened to glance up at that one clutter of clouds again. There it was! Clearer then ever before! The purple thing. "THAT’S IT!" Jen yelled triumphantly, "THAT PROVES IT!! I’M GOING TO FIND OUT WHAT’S THERE! EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!" she said loudly as unnoticed people stared at the yelling maniac. Her last sentence she struggled through, coming to realization how heavy the bricks were she was holding.

The girl Roy had asked for help ended up being no help at all. By the way she talked he doubted she even knew where she was. Eventually he gave up on her and walked away to ask others.

At the end of the day he hadn’t gotten any further then he was when he woke up, so he gave up and tried to find somewhere to sleep. He eventually layed down on the sandy shores of the unknown island and went to sleep, hoping that this was all just a dream and that he’d wake up somewhere else, and actually know where he was.

He woke up the next morning with no luck. He was still on this strange island and had no idea how or why. He sighed and stood up, brushing himself off. He couldn’t live like this, he needed to find somewhere to stay.

He decided to just take off where he left off, walking up to people randomly, and asking the same question over and over again, feeling more like a moron the more he said it, "Where am I?" and "Is there an inn or something near by where I can stay?". The Islanders were confused by his questions, there were no inns there because there were no people on the island just visiting.

Others thought he was insane, how could he not know where he was?! Roy did, however, manage to find out where he was "Destiny Islands". But that didn’t make him much better off…

"DAMNIT! I’m not getting anywhere with this!" he said, kicking a rock wall in his frustration. A few pebbles were detached from the wall and fell down, hitting him hard on the head. He cursed, rubbing his head and looking up at it, unaware that there would be many more rocks in store for him in the future. And also, unaware of the teenage boy, not much older then him, at the top of one of the rock cliffs, standing there, watching him. His red hair, that defied all laws of gravity, blowing slightly in the breeze.

"So, you really have forgotten everything…" he said in a quiet, almost mournful tone, his eyes, never leaving Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back