• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Keyblade...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I<3Roxas

Maybe this was asked before but how exactly does this Roxas with the keyblade thing work? Are his keyblades the same as Sora's? or are oblivion and oathkeeper each their own, separate from the KK?(and I don't mean it literally btw) If they are the same, then how could sora also have the keyblade? If they aren't, then why would Roxas and Sora have the same ones? Is it mainly for symbolic purposes or what?

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
Sora and Roxas have the exact same keyblade, because Roxas is half of Sora. Most of the time Roxas had the keyblade was when Sora was asleep. Keychains change the KK to the oblivion and oathkeeper.

Last edited:

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
I think:
Sora loses heart and keyblade
Keyblade goes to Roxas
Because Sora wielded keylade, Roxas gets one
Sora regains heart
Because Roxas has two keyblades, Sora now has two (like in drive forms).
Make sense? Good. I think the keychains for oblivion and oathkeeper were a free bonus, and well as the Kingdom Key keychains.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Well, the new scans of 358/2 and artwork show Roxas with the KK, so I'm wagering he did wield the same keyblade for a while, but later he gained the power to dual wield, and those dreams of Sora and his friends brought up memories of Kairi and Riku, which are what Oblivion and Oathkeeper are supposed to represent.

Sora and Roxas have the exact same keyblade, because Roxas is half of Sora. Most of the time Roxas had the keyblade was when Sora was asleep. Keychains change the KK to the oblivion and oathkeeper.

Lol, who says the keychains are canon?

Last edited:

KieruTenshi

gensokyo :O having a danmaku battle wohoo!
That would make sense but , Roxas Fight Sora with Keyblades, so they cant be the same,i would say its just other Keyblade ,like a half of Sora's keyblade

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
That would make sense but , Roxas Fight Sora with Keyblades, so they cant be the same,i would say its just other Keyblade ,like a half of Sora's keyblade

That confrontation wasn't physical: it was inside Sora's mind/heart, so that point is rather irrelevant.

XIIIStarr

Roxas's Oathkeeper and Oblivion were created with him and are entirely owned by him. They aren't the same as Sora's.

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
Isn't the oathkeeper symbolic or Sora returning to Kairi? Please correct me if I am wrong on anything I'd rather know what is correct than be assuming something that is wrong.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Isn't the oathkeeper symbolic or Sora returning to Kairi? Please correct me if I am wrong on anything I'd rather know what is correct than be assuming something that is wrong.

Well, yeah, but its japanese name refers to memories, as does Oblivion's. In fact, Oblivion's name is already a refference to memories (it means a state of forgetfullness).

Keywielder94

That confrontation wasn't physical: it was inside Sora's mind/heart, so that point is rather irrelevant.

First of all Hades you use big words o.o lmao

ok anyways roxas got to use the keyblade because he's a keyblade master.

so i think there the same keyblade roxas was just borrowing it while sora was asleep....and then when sora was hole again the keyblade went back to him

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Roxas has like the hand-me-down versions cos sora is asleep, and when there's the dream battle in TWTNW it's the remaining thought's of Roxas fighting Sora, and Roxas usual weapons were the Oathkeeper and Oblivion

godforce852

When Sora was in castle oblivion, he obtained oathkeeper and then lost it when he went to sleep in the pod. Roxas, brand-new from their fight from Ansem took Oathkeeper and it is revealled in KH2FM+ that Riku when capturing Roxas, gave him the Oblivion keyblade, which he later owned riku with.... till he turned dark.

The key Roxas had in Twilight town was a fake kingdom key caused only by his relation to Sora.

Supposedly Oathkeeper reminds sora of Kairi (light) and Oblivion of Riku (dark)

xSakuraDropsx

In Candy Land with my ice blue unicorn named Pixel
Website
www.myspace.com
You know I would have never thought of that. OathKeeper representing Kairi well thats kind of a no brainer, because in KH1 Sora got the keychain from Kairi and in KH2 I believe he got OathKeeper again after checking out Twilight Town for the second time I believe after the whole Axel kidnapping Kairi deal.
But anyway, I would have never thought Oblivion was to represent Riku. Oh and I would also like to point out that you get Oblivion in KH1 after fighting Riku/Ansem in Hollow Bastion. ^_^

[N]intendofan

Uum somewhere i read that Roxas managed to get the Oathkeeper and Oblivion wich Sora lost or something. (in castle oblivion i guess?) Godforce; I think that's wrong. Roxas threw the Oblivion to Riku when he was running up the building, and Riku jumped off caught it and then they continued fighting on the ground, right? That's what happened in deep dive. Roxas just took the oblivion after he was laying on the ground by Riku and started fighting again.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Uh, guys, Sora having Oblivion isn't canon, and Sora having the Oathkeeper keychain isn't canon either. Now, wait: yes, he had Kairi's charm, but how do we know he just puts it in his keyblade and it transforms the keyblade? No significant attention is ever paid to keychains at all.

Rynjin

[SIZE="1"]there are more than 1 keyblade, i think that since roxas is sora's nobody and wields a keyblade he just got 1 with a kingdom key chain(because the kingdom key is a keychain as welll)

oh yeah here is a long word lol: Hippopotomonstrosesquippedalia=fear of long words[/
SIZE]

chainfan

roxas has oathkeeper and oblivion because those keyblades represent his memories of kairi and riku when sora was asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back