• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Keyblade: Sharp or Blunt?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnlockedMemories

I've always wondered this. By appearance, most keyblades are seemingly blunt weapons. However, judging by 'Blade' in their name, and how they're able to cut things, I've always assumed that they were somehow sharp. I just assumed it was magic, or something.

Some are more obvious, such as Two Become One. But, I'm wondering if the blunt looking ones are sharp as well, somehow.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
well some do look sharp... like Two become one, Oblivion, etc... but it really depends

Relix

A traveler
Awards
It would be hilarious if it just blunt. bosses suffer mad trauma to the skull

Ikkin

Bronze Member
My theory is that Keyblades attack the essence of a thing/person, rather than cutting or causing blunt force trauma. And, since they're magic, the degree to which they do that depends on the intent of the wielder (so, Sora can safely use the Keyblade on Leon and Yuffie in the Coliseum without having to worry about doing more than knocking them down, while it's a lethal weapon when used against actual enemies).

Gram

Banned
Awards
poll! i demand poll!

also the keyblade isnt shrap or blunt its blarnt! duh.

Arkaria

I like Ikkin's theory lol now that you mention it, it seems like different keyblades are sharp/blunt. Like Riku stabs Oblivion into the ground(solid concrete?!) after he knocks Roxas out in The World That Never Was. But The basic Keyblade Sora starts out with doesn't look sharp at all, and I don't recall that one "cutting" anything. Maybe we should all conduct a study. Lets become hermits for the next week or so and watch every single cutscene from every single KH game on youtube until we can come to a conclusion.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
The design of it might scream sharp edges, but haven't heard slicing in my KH gameplay.

Just Bam Bonk Bam Bam Bam....

Arkaria

Then again technically, Sora would still slice that skyscraper even if you had the most non-sharp looking keyblade equipped. If I remember correctly the keyblade you equip is the one that shows up in cutscenes, so I guess it doesn't make a difference and they all just magically go from blunt to sharp depending on the situation ;o;

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I feel like it doesn't really matter if it's sharp or blunt, because the small edges on most of the keys wouldn't do nearly as much damage as the force of the blow would.

Fallen Prince

I always noticed that Ven hits with the blunt side of the keyblade....i was like "wtf? How can that do damage when you hit with the blunt end. Flip it Ven!

LynnStrife

Awards
Website
lynnstrife.deviantart.com
Lol, actually I never truly thought about this xD I always assumed Keyblades use some kind of magic power.... and hey, even though IF they're not sharp, I still wouldn't want anyone to hit me with it :p It must hurt for sure.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
Master_Xehanort%27s_Keyblade_KHBBS.png

i can poke your eye out with this

anyway the only scene i remembered that showed sharpness of the keyblade was in that skyscraper :v
everything else seemed blunt, regardless of design

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Well, if you're going fast enough, how blunt the keyblade is doesn't matter.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Idk about a magical essence. When the keyblade hits a wall or a barrel or anything, it hits and it breaks. If it was sharp wouldn't it cut straight through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back