• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Key of Sleep", Dream Eaters, and the Possibility of DDD's Plot/Ending.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
It's been a long, long time since I actually made a thread, let alone one relating to a KH-related theory/idea, but this was just ticking in my head so I figured if I typed it out and posted it to be discussed, I could finally rest easy.

So, we know Sora & Riku's journey in DDD involves many numerous things, one being the infamous "Keyhole of Sleep" they have to locate and mess with to return all the worlds from the Realm of Sleep to the Realm of Light. Now, in order to get to said Keyhole, they have to find the Key of Sleep, which the Dream Eaters are said to be able to guide Sora & Riku to. Now, I know I've seen numerous people (such as myself) ponder and discuss what the Key itself could be, such as an actual Keyblade from the Realm, or a person. I believe both are quite possible, but the one I will be talking about in this said idea I got is if the Key of Sleep is, in fact, a person.

Now, I know what you're thinking - "Does this mean there's gonna be ANOTHER new character?" or "But everyone is in torment, so it can't be known characters!" or something along those lines. Or you're not thinking either of those and wonder why I happen to continue rambling on about things that really do not matter. I, however, have a strong inclination on who I believe to be said Key of Sleep if it is a known character we know - now, I don't mean my thought to come off as "It can only be this character!" because arguably, there are a few other characters who it could be, I just find the character we're going to discuss to be the center of this topic. And that would be a little known character in the series called Namine.

naminebbsblankpoints.jpg

Namine has been a character who is a topic a lot among fans about what exactly she is and what significance she now holds, especially since when you look at the facts, she's not an true Nobody (even more so than Roxas and Xemnas), since she's not a person's leftover body and soul, but actually just a walking nothing person. Ansem the Wise even mentioned he didn't know what specifically what Namine actually was, and labeled her as a Nobody only because nothing else would have fit the elements of her existence.

Secret Ansem Report 10 said:
Naminé.

As I have written here before, she is a most unusual being.

Born of the same process as a Nobody, but lacking virtually all the elements of a Nobody.

Perhaps she continues drawing in hopes of capturing that which she lacks: the memories of others, especially Sora.

I have arrived at a hypothesis.

I believe that Naminé was born as a special type of Nobody when Sora attacked himself with the Keyblade, causing his and Kairi's hearts to leave their bodies simultaneously.

Naminé emerged as Kairi's Nobody… but the body and soul necessary to exist as a Nobody belonged to Sora.

Now, it is possible that Namine is really a special Nobody as Ansem labeled her, but with how she doesn't fit into the equation at all, contradicting it even further than Roxas and Xemnas have proved to have done, it is entirely possible that Namine may in fact be something else entirely born from the process of being a Nobody, but not actually a Nobody. In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, we catch a short scene with Axel in Castle Oblivion where he is in Castle Oblivion and going through a report that is entitled "The Truth About Namine." It doesn't seem to have held any significance as of late, and actually hasn't impacted the series at all, which makes you wonder, out of all the scenes to have in Days, why that? It could be disputed that it was because Axel wanted to know more about Xion, but the fact that Namine is, in a manner of speaking, an enigma in the series, you could say it was hinting at the fact we may not know everything we thought we did about Namine.

The thought now is, how is Namine connected to the Key of Sleep, the Dream Eaters, and DDD as a whole? Well, as we can tell in KHIIFM, Sora talks about how he never thanked Namine himself, and never does it on screen - the promise is then brought up again in Re:coded, where Data!Sora thanks Data!Namine, but in fact could be foreshadowing a future thanking, especially since Birth By Sleep confirms Namine is still in pain, or at least involved with the process. However, Namine joined back with Kairi, so what could she possibly do in DDD seeing as how she's playing camp-out in Kairi's body? It could be said that Namine (and maybe even Roxas & Ven, but that's a different story) has fallen asleep/dormant in Kairi's heart, and is in a state of sleep and very well could be in the Realm of Sleep in a similar way as Sora and Riku are.

We also have to think back to the conversation that Data!Namine, who was put in the journal by Namine herself, knew more than you'd think she would, and made several comments that could hint that, perhaps Namine saw what was coming and planned to take a few roads in case so she could help Sora on his quest, whether or not he knew it. Data!Namine evidently knew parts of the past if not all by what she said to Data!Sora in the ending of Re:coded:

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded said:
Data Namine: It all began with these memories that were sleeping way down deep in Sora's heart.

Data Sora: These are my memories?

Data Namine: No. Not yours. These belong to people connected to you.
Data Namine: They're important memories... but very dangerous ones.

Mickey: Dangerous how?

Data Namine: These memories are too painful. Handled the wrong way, they could damage Sora's heart - even break it. I needed you to find a way to face that kind of hurt. That's why I left the message.
Data Namine: But I do know a day will come when they must rise from their sleep.

When the Data!Namine talks to Mickey and Data!Sora, she clearly hints that she knows about the past, and even knows the people with when he witnesses part of his pain with Mickey by seeing RAX and TAV in a hazy memory sequence. She even reveals to them that Ansem hid Data inside of Sora, which they were going to have to extract, and is in fact a special field that Namine's powers can aid in since she can alter things in his heart and those connected to him. ANd seeing as how part of DDD has been hinted to deal with the data as well, it would make sense why Namine could have a tie to the game and the realm.

But, how can we be sure that Namine is even in the Realm of Sleep?

Data Namine: I'm sorry, I wish I could have told you all of this in person. But the real me is gone now.

This line could be inferred in numerous ways - Namine is either gone, faded away in Kairi, or one with Kairi, or gone from Kairi in the way Ven & Roxas are "gone" yet inside of Sora. And in the quote before this, Namine even confirms she knows that they will rise from a form of sleep, so if she knew this type of information, it's possible she could have decided to journey to the Realm of Sleep to help Sora if she knew it even existed, and she most likely did since her powers are tied to memories, sleep, and dreaming - two words of which are in two big Main games we've had/are going to get (Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance).

Yet, how did she get in the Realm of Sleep, or even know she could go there?

We've seen when characters fade into others (Eraqus in Terra, Terra and Geezernort in Young Xehanort, Ven, Roxas and possibly Xion in Sora) they fall into a state of sleep. This also makes me finally realize why Namine, who in all truth had no reason to rejoin with Kairi other than to "be with Roxas" through their originals, joined back with Kairi - she knew that she would eventually fall into a state of sleep, and therefore be transported to the Realm of Sleep.

Now, to what I've been trying to get to - Namine could very well not only be in the Realm of Sleep and trying to help Sora or even set things up for him, but could be the very key to saving the Realm of Sleep and the Keyhole of Sleep. But then, that means she would be the Key of Sleep, no? When you think about it, it makes sense - her powers dwell over the heart, memories, sleep, and dreams. And seeing as how the secret ending to Birth By Sleep, along with Re:coded showing Namine was the reason for the message, and the Days tidbit, it makes sense for Namine's character to suddenly have a great importance again like in CoM and KH2, just as Braig/Xigbar was given an upgrade in days and then even further in BbS by being shown to have been in on a lot of the plans all along. Maybe she is a Nobody, or is actually the Key itself (like Dawn in Season Five of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

However, if Namine is in the Realm of Sleep, that begs us to consider one question - how can she possibly consider going in when the realm has an equivalent of Heartless, AKA the Dream Eaters?

This brings up another idea that occurred to me. We know nothing of the Dream Eaters, and to be honest, I find them being directly connected to Xehanort in the way all our past enemies have been unlikely. So where could they sprout from? We have an example of when enemies appeared without being related to Xehanort, and were actually Namine's fault.

Data Namine: Not only that, the bugs that appeared in Jiminy's journal - those were my fault, too.
Data Namine: When I added these memories to the journal, I added "hurt". I thought that... maybe if you fought the bugs that sprung from these memories, you might learn to face the hurt in the memories themselves.

So, what I'm getting at is, maybe the Realm of Sleep never had Dream Eaters in a way the Realm of Light didn't always have Heartless - maybe, when Namine arrived, she incidentally caused their birth. After all, she is one of the "In Torment" on the list, and seeing as how she has mounds of powers, not to mention her original being a Princess of Heart and a Keyblade wielder-potential, her pain could have caused her to create the enemies by accident like how the Unversed were connected to Vanitas, or like how in Silent Hill the enemies are born from the main characters sins or thoughts or life or whatever. This could also connect to the fact that there are good and bad Dream Eaters - the "Nightmares" are the pain from Namine, and the "Spirits" are Namine's good intentions and her attempt at trying to stop her pain from taking over and eating up the Realm of Sleep. It also connects to the fact that the Dream Eaters that accompany Sora and Riku are meant to bring them to the Key of Sleep, AKA, Namine who is the one who brought them to life.

By this point, you're probably thinking "But doesn't a lot of this kind of destroy past knowledge on what we've known about the KH series involving Namine?!" News flash: DDD is supposedly supposed to "tear down past elements" or basically, retcon to an extent of what we once knew. It would solve the mystery of the Dream Eaters while also bringing them into play when and if they take Namine out of the Realm of Sleep, possibly allowing her to have them as summons like Yuna with her summons in FFX, using them to fight and deciding to help Sora & co. But, how does this actually tie into DDD, which is meant to give us a "shocking" last scene, and even deal with parts of Xehanort's past as we've begun to speculate due to the newest trailer? And how could it even set-up things for the next game(s)? Here are a few ideas that have ran by me by now:

-If Xehanort is in the Realm of Sleep with the heroes, he very well could be using the Nightmares to find Namine and use her to get himself out and lock Sora and Riku in.
-If Xehanort is not in the Realm of Sleep, or has allies outside of the Realm of Sleep ("more than one Xehanort", etc.) they could very well end up going after Kairi who is on Destiny Islands if Xehanort wants Namine exterminated, and seeing as how she's sleeping in Kairi, killing Kairi would rid him of that problem.
-Mickey and Yen Sid will no doubt be watching over Riku and Sora and see as things develop, and possibly send Donald and Goofy to retrieve Kairi and take her to Twilight Town to investigate further on Namine, which would connect to the scene we saw in "Blank Points" where Kairi was with HPO, which never happened in KH2's plotline.

In fact, this plot could end up tying in Kairi so well that the "last scene" could involve Xehanort or whoever is helping him to appear and then go to attack her, and end with it a split-second before anyone knows what happened to Kairi, therefore setting up a possible platform of suspense for KHIII. And I know what you're thinking, Nomura has already stated there is no death in the series so therefore killing Kairi would only "send her to sleep (AKA Realm of Sleep where Namine already is)" so it would be pointless, but when you think about it, no one has actually died outside of the KH original characters. Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness with Ansem the Wise, Terra is either in Riku or Xehanort and holding shelter to Eraqus in a Sora-Kairi way, Ven, Xion and Roxas are in Sora, Axel is already whole/going to become whole, and the rest of the Organization could be as well since the process of destroying the Heartless and then the Nobody revives the person once again. No one has actually been given a death stab - even Eraqus, who Xehanort probably only tried to separate his heart from his body in a way of "killing him" but resulted in him joining with Terra, didn't get a death stab. So it is entirely possible that a KH character could very well die.

Does that mean Kairi will die? Probably not - in fact, I highly doubt she will. I honestly believe the reason Donald and Goofy were left out of DDD to join Sora was to go help Kairi or to protect her, and thus possibly causing her to journey through world and finally become useful and to a level of post-KH1 Sora, or even KH2 Sora if enough time is spent with her out in the worlds.

Anyway, this is all just speculation - and I'm not saying that if one of these happens the rest has to, but I figured that I should list possibilities of what could happen if Namine gains such an important role, seeing as how it could allow Kairi to finally have a reason to be in the spotlight rather than being shoved into it like KH2, and would open many doors to the possible shocking ending of DDD that doesn't include a "win, lose" situation with Riku and Sora as I've seen be the most often talked about.

So, let's discuss, shall we?~

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I like your theory, mostly because I want Namine to have a bigger role in the series (Xion as well). I think it makes sense, but the only big question I have with it is that IF Namine is the key of sleep, I think that is pretty unfair because that means before she was created, there was no key to sleep. Does that also mean that Kairi and Sora were the key to sleep before her creation? If Sora did not end up releasing Kairi's heart, would the key to sleep never be created? That is my only problem, the fact that if Namine was the key to sleep, it kind of screws over the realm before her creation.

The second thing I wonder is the dream eaters, I don't think Namine would create them, it just seems weird that they would invade and Yensid would not go in there himself to test them out first or send out in a master (Mickey) to make sure they really aren't a threat? I don't think he would risk them being too powerful for Riku and Sora and risk losing them, it just seems kind of fishy that they only came in a while back.

The thing about possible endings with Kairi, I think it wouldn't be bad if Xehanort found her on Destiny Islands and, knowing that he can't kill her but only send her to the realm of sleep where Sora and Riku are, sends her into the realm of darkness. That is how DDD would end and we wouldn't know what happened to her until KH3 where it is discovered that she found Aqua and was trained to be a keyblade wielder (decent but not great).

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I could see this happening. Remember Neku already knew who Sora was when they first met, so maybe Namine was the one who told Neku about Sora, Neku and his friends may have met Namine in the Realm of Sleep.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
People still subscribe to threads? o_o

Gram

Banned
Awards
:D this is a good theory, tho like kupo said if namine is the key now who was b4?

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Good theory, actually makes a lot of sense and would actually work. It'd give Kairi/Namine the character development a lot of people have craved while still having some shocks or plot twist.
I love the idea of Namine being the Key of Sleep and creating the Dream Eaters. This really makes a lot of sense and seems pretty plausible. And Namine summoning Dream Eaters in the future as a form of combat is just amazing.
Oh and Anagram/Kupo, why does there need to be a KoS in the past? "Key" is a pretty vague term. I don't think its a thing thats been around forever or a Keyblade. I think its ment to be a title (for Namine).

Gram

Banned
Awards
Oh and Anagram/Kupo, why does there need to be a KoS in the past? "Key" is a pretty vague term. I don't think its a thing thats been around forever or a Keyblade. I think its ment to be a title (for Namine).
that is a good point but if there was a keyhole of sleep wouldnt it make sense for it have had a key?
or maybe the keyhole (if you go with this theory) like the dream eaters is a side affect of the worlds falling to sleep and namine's presence.

sza392

the shocking ending will be another star wars reference. Xehanort - "Kairi, IM your Father" lol

kupo1121

Awards

This is true, but the thing is, this key to sleep isn't just a "key." It is essentially a person/thing/action that can bring back people from death (or what death is in KH). So, I don't think it was just created, and if it was, what is so special about this Sora + Kairi combination that has that potential to bring things back from death o_O Considering Namine stems from Sora and Kairi, they must have originally had something that was so strong it could bring back people from death. It just seems to powerful to me to be just created in KH1 o_O

Dark Hearts King

Website
chronicum.wordpress.com
This is true, but the thing is, this key to sleep isn't just a "key." It is essentially a person/thing/action that can bring back people from death (or what death is in KH). So, I don't think it was just created, and if it was, what is so special about this Sora + Kairi combination that has that potential to bring things back from death o_O Considering Namine stems from Sora and Kairi, they must have originally had something that was so strong it could bring back people from death. It just seems to powerful to me to be just created in KH1 o_O

\(^A^)/ <3 <3 <3 LOVE! <3 <3 <3 \(^A^)/

...sorry I had to...it was inevitable. XD

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Great theory. I could see it working out like that, and I was kinda annoyed that the "Truth about Namine" book was never explained. The only thing i'll disagree on is The Dream Eaters. I'm currently of the opinion that these are naturally occuring creatures that exist in the RoS. Something like they've been around as long as people have been able to dream kinda thing.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I like this theory. It has some good points. I also like that it would give Namine (and therefore Kairi) some needed character development. The only thing I am not too sure of is the idea of the dream eaters coming from Namine. At least in the way you described it. I see the dream eaters as being more of a natural occurance with dreams. Kind of like a nightmare is. I would have to know more about dream eaters to be more certain of things.

Lonbilly

Awards
I like your theory, mostly because I want Namine to have a bigger role in the series (Xion as well). I think it makes sense, but the only big question I have with it is that IF Namine is the key of sleep, I think that is pretty unfair because that means before she was created, there was no key to sleep. Does that also mean that Kairi and Sora were the key to sleep before her creation? If Sora did not end up releasing Kairi's heart, would the key to sleep never be created? That is my only problem, the fact that if Namine was the key to sleep, it kind of screws over the realm before her creation.

Well, honestly, I'm not exactly sure the Realm of Sleep even existed before Namine's existence. It's definitely possible, but if you think about it, it's possible Namine's birth created it in a way that the "Realm of Nothingness" (has it been officially confirmed to be a realm, or just something Xemnas manufactured?) was created. I mean, we know Traverse Town migrated there after the events of KH1, it's very possible all the worlds that fell pre-KH1 were in the Realm of Darkness, and then after the Sora-Heart-Stab scene certain worlds began to fall into the plane of Sleep. It could also tie into the way that Namine was born in Castle Oblivion - it's basically like a plane of memories and sleep, especially since we have crazy Ven sleeping in there.

And if that's the case, it could be Namine brought the Realm to being (which would explain why she would know about it) and therefore is the only one who can save the worlds and free everything. I mean, look at Kairi - are we sure there was a Princess of Heart before her? After all, there's seven and they surely are not eternal.

However, if you want to think about it, it's also possible Ven, who no doubt probably had a hand in Namine's creation with Sora and Kairi, could have been the original Key and never even knew it. Therefore it could have gotten passed on, they could share the power like the Xion-Roxas toss up in Days or the Sora-Riku switching in KH1, or it could just solely be Namine with passed on powers.

But, I honestly believe she's the only Key ever, same as how Kairiand her generation are the only generation of Princesses's of Heart we know of.

The second thing I wonder is the dream eaters, I don't think Namine would create them, it just seems weird that they would invade and Yensid would not go in there himself to test them out first or send out in a master (Mickey) to make sure they really aren't a threat? I don't think he would risk them being too powerful for Riku and Sora and risk losing them, it just seems kind of fishy that they only came in a while back.

Well, Master Eraqus did send Terra and Aqua, one of which were only a "Master", after the Unversed and Xehanort as a test (well, a test for Terra; a task for Aqua). This very well could be Yen Sid testing them as well - after all, if they can't handle Dream Eaters, whose to say they can handle Xehanort, let alone multiple Xehanorts/accomplices.

The thing about possible endings with Kairi, I think it wouldn't be bad if Xehanort found her on Destiny Islands and, knowing that he can't kill her but only send her to the realm of sleep where Sora and Riku are, sends her into the realm of darkness. That is how DDD would end and we wouldn't know what happened to her until KH3 where it is discovered that she found Aqua and was trained to be a keyblade wielder (decent but not great).

Well, as I said in the Original Post, I talked about how when Nomura said "death = sleep" could just be because no one has actually died:

Lonbilly said:
And I know what you're thinking, Nomura has already stated there is no death in the series so therefore killing Kairi would only "send her to sleep (AKA Realm of Sleep where Namine already is)" so it would be pointless, but when you think about it, no one has actually died outside of the KH original characters. Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness with Ansem the Wise, Terra is either in Riku or Xehanort and holding shelter to Eraqus in a Sora-Kairi way, Ven, Xion and Roxas are in Sora, Axel is already whole/going to become whole, and the rest of the Organization could be as well since the process of destroying the Heartless and then the Nobody revives the person once again. No one has actually been given a death stab - even Eraqus, who Xehanort probably only tried to separate his heart from his body in a way of "killing him" but resulted in him joining with Terra, didn't get a death stab. So it is entirely possible that a KH character could very well die.

It could be "death = sleep" as an eternal rule always in KH, but I believe it isn't. Therefore it's possible he could try to kill Kairi, and a possible death could result in actual death and not sleeping, since everyone's "sleep" is revolving around being in the Realm of Darkness or body-leeching people, which Kairi is doing none of. Though it is possible he could send her to the Realm of Darkness, but thinking of it now, if Xehanort wants to create the X-Blade again, Kairi would be the perfect candidate for a heart of Pure Light, and then find one of Pure Darkness (reborn Vanitas, etc.)

I could see this happening. Remember Neku already knew who Sora was when they first met, so maybe Namine was the one who told Neku about Sora, Neku and his friends may have met Namine in the Realm of Sleep.

This would make sense. After all, either Neku was told of Sora by a friend (Namine, Riku, Yen Sid) or he read Sora's thoughts - either way, it would be nice if they continued throughout worlds saying "Hey, you're ____!" foreshadowing Namine was telling everyone of their arrival and what-not.

I can't reply because I'm going to mar this brilliant theory. But I will subscribe so I can see how accurate it will be. :D

I'm no Grass, but I try =D

People still subscribe to threads? o_o

The forum automatically subscribes me to things I reply in. o_O

:D this is a good theory, tho like kupo said if namine is the key now who was b4?

It could be she was/is the only one, or there was another but they weren't important/will never be expanded upon like "past POHs", if they even exist.

Good theory, actually makes a lot of sense and would actually work. It'd give Kairi/Namine the character development a lot of people have craved while still having some shocks or plot twist.
I love the idea of Namine being the Key of Sleep and creating the Dream Eaters. This really makes a lot of sense and seems pretty plausible. And Namine summoning Dream Eaters in the future as a form of combat is just amazing.

That's what I was thinking - Keyblades are becoming common, same with Mages and Warriors/Knights. WE need some FF classes being thrown in more, like Summoners, thieves, etc. as main characters. The Organization is a good example of variation among powers and weapons.

This is what I was thinking. Like how Sora is the Key to saving everyone as well - does that mean there was a Key before him that had his specific purpose?

that is a good point but if there was a keyhole of sleep wouldnt it make sense for it have had a key?

Namine would be the Key.

or maybe the keyhole (if you go with this theory) like the dream eaters is a side affect of the worlds falling to sleep and namine's presence.

Possibly. I'm still leaning on a possible theory that Namine's birth created the Realm ala Xemnas and the Realm of Nothingness.

the shocking ending will be another star wars reference. Xehanort - "Kairi, IM your Father" lol

Lolmfaomg. Yesssssss.

Well, it is entirely possible one existed before, but Namine could have just been created for it or could be the only like how the Seven PoH's are the only ones we know have existed up until know.

Great theory. I could see it working out like that, and I was kinda annoyed that the "Truth about Namine" book was never explained. The only thing i'll disagree on is The Dream Eaters. I'm currently of the opinion that these are naturally occuring creatures that exist in the RoS. Something like they've been around as long as people have been able to dream kinda thing.

They very well could be, but I'd love to see them pull a "Hero accidentally caused these enemies" without it seeming repeated and cliche like Xehanort's experiments creating enemies two (Unversed the first time, the second time bringing heartless into the RoL, creating Emblem Heartless, and creating Nobodies who may not have existed yet until that point). Besides, I'd love Namine importance again. I loved Xion and Aqua, but something like this would definitely be amazing since Namine's tie to the plot would be much bigger than the previous two had (at initial value, anyway).

I like this theory. It has some good points. I also like that it would give Namine (and therefore Kairi) some needed character development. The only thing I am not too sure of is the idea of the dream eaters coming from Namine. At least in the way you described it. I see the dream eaters as being more of a natural occurance with dreams. Kind of like a nightmare is. I would have to know more about dream eaters to be more certain of things.

I don't doubt that's a possibility, and I'm all for it - but if Namine is tied with the Realm of Sleep in such a way, it would make sense for her to have accidentally created the creatures - good and bad - and the good helping her friends to her/the Key.

kupo1121

Awards
Well, honestly, I'm not exactly sure the Realm of Sleep even existed before Namine's existence. It's definitely possible, but if you think about it, it's possible Namine's birth created it in a way that the "Realm of Nothingness" (has it been officially confirmed to be a realm, or just something Xemnas manufactured?) was created. I mean, we know Traverse Town migrated there after the events of KH1, it's very possible all the worlds that fell pre-KH1 were in the Realm of Darkness, and then after the Sora-Heart-Stab scene certain worlds began to fall into the plane of Sleep. It could also tie into the way that Namine was born in Castle Oblivion - it's basically like a plane of memories and sleep, especially since we have crazy Ven sleeping in there.

The thing is, if it never existed before Namine's existence, why did all of the worlds just decide to go there now instead of where they usually went when they were destroyed? Also, if this is the case, where did all of the people who "died" go before this? Did they just dissappear or something? Considering the RoS is the closest the KHverse has to of an afterlife, I assume it has been there forever.

And if that's the case, it could be Namine brought the Realm to being (which would explain why she would know about it) and therefore is the only one who can save the worlds and free everything. I mean, look at Kairi - are we sure there was a Princess of Heart before her? After all, there's seven and they surely are not eternal.

This is true, we do now know if there were any PoH before the original 7. Kairi was obviously not the first, because she is not the oldest...unless she was born and then the world said "crap, we need six more..." But the stipulation to be a PoH is that one needs to have a heart filled with nothing but light. If Namine were to be the key to bringing things back, there is really not stipulation for that, she is just the only one ever...I feel like one has a better chance at being a PoH over the key.

Well, Master Eraqus did send Terra and Aqua, one of which were only a "Master", after the Unversed and Xehanort as a test (well, a test for Terra; a task for Aqua). This very well could be Yen Sid testing them as well - after all, if they can't handle Dream Eaters, whose to say they can handle Xehanort, let alone multiple Xehanorts/accomplices.

This is true...Yensid could be testing them, but at the time that Eraqus sent them out, Aqua was already a master, and Terra was pretty much a master without the title, while Ven disobeyed orders and ran away. Sora and Riku are not masters yet, this is before their test...but you are right, different masters, different exams.

Lonbilly

Awards
The thing is, if it never existed before Namine's existence, why did all of the worlds just decide to go there now instead of where they usually went when they were destroyed? Also, if this is the case, where did all of the people who "died" go before this? Did they just dissappear or something? Considering the RoS is the closest the KHverse has to of an afterlife, I assume it has been there forever.

Well (and this is assuming the RoS isn't an actual "resting place") I've always sort of believed that, the way Kingdom Hearts is like the Heart of all Worlds, is that it's sort of the God of the universe, creating hearts and taking them back in when they pass on, like that is the true after-life. And as for why the worlds chose the Realm of Sleep rather than the Realm of Darkness, which is where they used to go when destroyed, could be because of the sudden second road (RoS) appearing, and them just slipping into there by accident/chance.

But this is only applying to this theory. I actually have different ideas on different subjects involving a lot of these issues on the death/sleep/crazy Nomura thing.

This is true, we do now know if there were any PoH before the original 7. Kairi was obviously not the first, because she is not the oldest...unless she was born and then the world said "crap, we need six more..." But the stipulation to be a PoH is that one needs to have a heart filled with nothing but light. If Namine were to be the key to bringing things back, there is really not stipulation for that, she is just the only one ever...I feel like one has a better chance at being a PoH over the key.

Namine could be the Key if she was the one who created the Realm, or if her existence created it, sort of like how Ven and Vanitas created the X-Blade, but then again, the X-Blade was said to have existed before, so that's not the best example. But she could be the only key if say she's the one who created the world. Sort of like the Data World, where it's a one-off world - granted, there wasn't a key in that realm, but I figured it would be a better example.

This is true...Yensid could be testing them, but at the time that Eraqus sent them out, Aqua was already a master, and Terra was pretty much a master without the title, while Ven disobeyed orders and ran away. Sora and Riku are not masters yet, this is before their test...but you are right, different masters, different exams.

The way I see it is Yen Sid, despite having them start over, could very well see them of already being able to attain the ranking, just not properly trained to actually be a true, recognized master. I figure his thinking "Come back as Masters, or you basically die" with his words, but his the faith they can do it.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Suddenly I want Mufasa as a summon only for dat James Earl Jones voice. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back