• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Karate Kid (2010 Remake)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
YouTube - The Karate Kid - Official Trailer [HD]

During the previews for Percy Jackson & the Olympians, the trailer for the remake of The Karate Kid was played. It stars Will Smith's son, Jaden, as a kid that has just moved to China (not Japan, but China) with his mother, who hopes to start a new life with her son. The kid is one day rescued from a group of bullies by Jackie Chan's character, a janitor who is secret a kung fu master (yes, a KUNG FU master). The master then takes to kid to his home and offers to teach him the ways of kung fu (wtf is this?).

Jackie Chan himself even told reporters that the cast and crew refer to the film as "The Kung Fu Kid" and feel that it should only be called The Karate Kid in America, while being called The Kung Fu Kid in other territories.

What do you guys make of this remake after watching the trailer? I think it will be good, but they really did make the mistake of having the kid learn kung fu when the movie is called The Karate Kid.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I think it looks good actually.

Wouldn't necessarily call it the Karate Kid. Kung fu kid suits it.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Because every movie needs to be remade to have a black character. Political correctness can eat a dick.

The sequels sucked ass. The remake will suck ass. Leave the franchise alone already.

Oriax

Hopefully it will be good :)
Too many remakes are quite rubbish TBH though ...

Oriax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back