• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan (Final Book Revealed!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
The Kane Chronicles is a series written by Rick Riordan, author of the Camp Half-Blood Series (Percy Jackson and the Olympians/ Heroes of Olympians). This series began in May 2010 with its first book titled The Red Pyramid. This series focuses on siblings Carter and Sadie Kane, decendents of 2 ancient royal bloodlines of Pharaohs. Throughout their journey they learn they have the potential to be either the greatest or most dangerous Egyptian magicians in many millenia. It is up to them to unite to banished Egyptian Gods with the Magicians of the House of Life to preserve Ma'at (Order) and defeat Isfet (Chaos).

The series clearly focuses on Egyptian Mythology though at various points in The Red Pyramid characters refer to the Greek Gods (such as the God Thoth saying he has met Hermes). This has led some fans to hope for a Camp Half-Blood/Kane Chronicles crossover in the future. The story is told in 2 seperate perspectives: Carter's and Sadie's respectively. The second book, The Throne of Fire, recently came out this Tuesday, May 3rd. The story and release date for third and final book of this trilogy is still TBD, however fans can assume (as Riordan releases at least 2 books a year) that it will come out around the same time next year.

The 2 books so far are actually recordings left by the Main characters for the Reader to find, listen to, and eventually seek out the Kane siblings. Also the book is narrated in 2, first person perspectives with Carter and Sadie each taking 2 chapters and then "handing the microphone" to the other. The sibling who starts and ends the novel is different for each book. In the Red Pyramid Carter and Sadie learn who they are after their father, Julius, destroys the Rosetta Stone. Within a week they learn of their magician heritage, defeat the god Set, and learn of Apophis' plan to rerise and destroy Ma'at. The Throne of Fire takes place a few months after with the Kanes as teachers in their Nome, the Brooklyn house. After learning of the Book of Ra and their trainee, Jaz, being comatose the Kanes race across the world to recombine the Book of Ra. Throughout the journey new characters are introduced such as Bes, God of Dwarves, and Vlad the pychopathic leader of the Russin Nome. At the book's end Michel Desjardin sacrifices himself to cast Apophis deep into the Duat; Ra is reawakened and reassumes his throne in the heavens; the Brooklyn House survives an attack by the House of Life and Amos is risen to Chief Lector; the Kanes prepare for their final battle by recruiting more young trainees and to finish thier training to become paths of the gods.

Main Character:
Carter- former host for Horus; 14 yrs old and older brother of Sadie; assumed future Pharaoh of the House of Life; love interest of Zia Rashid; has used the power of Ra's crook and flail; Magic Specialty: Combat Magic; Path of the Gods: Horus

Sadie- former host for Isis; 12 yrs old (13yrs old in Throne of Fire) and youngers sister of Carter; caught between her love from Anubis, God of Funerals, and Walt; holder of Carter's Secret Name; Magic Specialty: Hieroglyphic spells; Path of the Gods: Isis

Zia Rashid- former host for Nephthys; age unknown however born in 1990's (Carter suggests she is around his age); former magician of the House of Life; found in the Nile River; returned to the First Nome with Amos at the end of the Throne of Fire; love interest of Carter Kane; Magic Specialty: Elementalist (Fire)

Amos Kane- former host for Set; middle-aged; current Chief Lector for the House of Life (replaces Desjardin after his death); 2nd most powerful magician in the world (until Desjardin's death): returned to the First Nome with Zia at the end of the Throne of Fire; Magic Specialty: Elementalist (master of all elements) and has retained some Chaos Magic (due to Set being hosted within him)

Bast- resides in Muffin (Sadie's cat); Goddess of Cats; guardian of Carter and Sadie Kane; former "Eye of Ra" who fought against the snake Apophis

Walt- introduced in The Throne of Fire; 14 yrs old and a trainee of Sadie and Carter; suffers from the curse of King Tut (will die at an early age [magic hastens his death]); has a crush on Sadie and is one of her crushes; Magic Specialty: Charm Making and another mysterious power (gray beam)

Jasmine "Jaz"- introduced in The Throne of Fire; trainee of Sadie and Carter; comatose after the events in the Brooklyn Museum; teaches Sadie the meaning of one's "ren" or secret name; Magic Specialty: Healing

Anubis- God of Funerals; has a crush on Sadie and is one of her crushes; appears at various times throughout the Red Pyramid; gives Sadie the ceremonial knife and information to reawaken Ra in the Throne of Fire; gives Sadie her "first kiss"

Set- God of Chaos and Storms; villian in the Red Pyramid, manipulated by Apophis; sides with the Kanes and the gods when learning of Apophis' future awakening; saves the Kanes in Russian by bargaining with Sadie to forget his secret name; Secret Name: Evil Day

Ra- Embodiment of Ma'at; First Pharaoh of the gods and Egypt; was originally expelled into the heavens by Isis; found by the Kanes in the Fourth House of the Duat; reawakened through the efforts of the Book of Ra and the recombing of his three aspects: Khepri, scarab god (Morning), Ra, falcon god, and Khnum, ram god (sunset); has rerisen to the throne of the Gods; yet to fully recover

Apophis- Embodiment of Isfet; hosted by Face of Horror and Vlad (leader of the Russian Nome); manipulated Set in the Red Pyramid; has risen with the rise of Ra; was expelled deep into the Duat with Desjardin's final spell

Julius Kane- host for Osiris; Carter and Sadie's father and Amos' brother; resides now in the Afterlife as host of Osiris

discuss.

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Re: The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan

I liked the first book. My favorite parts are when they turn into birds and go in Elvis's house.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I read this around after it came out. I quite enjoyed the part when they went to Elvis' house.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

Yeah I liked the part in Elvis's house and I have to say my favorite character so far is definitely Bast. Mostly because of her being the cat goddess, but I like her as I character as well.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Re: The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan (SPOILERS inside due to the Throne of Fire)

i just finished the book today and i added info to the thread without telling the whole story of the Throne of Fire. enjoy =].

OH and I might start a KC RP so if interested tell me.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Re: The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan (SPOILERS inside due to the Throne of Fire)

Amos: "Manhattan has other problems. Other gods."

Anyone else get a tingle down their back reading that part? Ha, I'd love to see more "Easter eggs" throughout the trilogy, maybe even a cameo or two.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

Amos: "Manhattan has other problems. Other gods."

Anyone else get a tingle down their back reading that part? Ha, I'd love to see more "Easter eggs" throughout the trilogy, maybe even a cameo or two.

Throne of Fire

Carter: "Sadie says I'm crazy but sometimes when i look at manhatten I can swear i see flying horses coming out the buildings."

Roman Ghost: "Why did we have to be given half burials of egyptian and roman styles. now we are all stuck here and can't go to Pluto's realm!"

how bout them easter eggs

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

Just got The Throne of Fire. Hope it is good as I think it will be.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

as long as you havent read the first post it will. imma change the title after another week

Its good that I didnt really bother to look at it then.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

Finished The Throne of Fire a few days ago. I like where this series is going. I could not help but laugh near the end. Haha senile Ra

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

seriously Ra is just nuts. i still think i like Horus' threat to Carter though

Yeah Ra is. I still think over time he probably will gain sanity. If not well...that would be a problem. I think I liked Carter's reply to the threat more than the threat.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I like the relationship between Horus and Carter. I saw the wielding Ra's weapons coming and honestly if I had the option I would probably use them if needed. I don't think I would try to take them permanently from Ra though. Kind of like what Carter has done.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Wow, I was hoping to talk about the book a little but all i got was huge spoilers.

You know El Coqui, could you please advise everyone to put in spoilers for those who haven't finished reading?

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards

Sure. I had taken down the spoiler alert on the title about a month afterthe book came out so i guess that why people talking freely.

EveryOne please when talking abiut the throne of fire use spoilers quotes until further notice

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I know it's been a month since release, but I haven't had a chance to buy it until a couple days ago (and I am on like page 160 already). Since I'm reading every night I'll be done in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back