• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Kairi Neutral Club

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This is not a hate club, but not a fan club, either. This is a club where you discuss what you like and dislike about Kairi, say what you like about her, and how she can improve. Anyone may join if they so wish, just be respectful to other members and don't speak ill about them or their opinions.​

Co-Founders: oathkeeperriku09/Chihuahuaman
Members: x37rnu4, Lonbilly, Luap911, MegaWallflower.​

Pros: Coming soon.​

Cons: Coming soon.​

Join now!​

Last edited:

x37rnu4

Awards
Ah, you're a genius for making this. Too many people hate Kairi and I just sit here twiddling my thumbs and awkwardly saying, "I...I don't think she's so bad *kicks dirt*" This'll be great discussion to hear other opinions and such :3

May I be a member?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ah, you're a genius for making this. Too many people hate Kairi and I just sit here twiddling my thumbs and awkwardly saying, "I...I don't think she's so bad *kicks dirt*" This'll be great discussion to hear other opinions and such :3

May I be a member?

Welcome to the club, friend. Yeah, I think the hate is just unnecesary. She isn't my favorite Kingdom Hearts character, but she isn't so bad.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Members: Vacant.​

Hold up, a hundred barren jokes just popped up in my head =D

I'll join. I hate Kairi, but I'm in love with Concept!/Future!/Potential!Kairi. Plus now I can freely discuss what I want to see happen for Kairi without making hordes of posts in other threads every day.

Someone should go get MegaWallflower and force her to join, if only because she's my favorite Kairi-liker. She has the best debates =3

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hold up, a hundred barren jokes just popped up in my head =D

I'll join. I hate Kairi, but I'm in love with Concept!/Future!/Potential!Kairi.

Someone should go get MegaWallflower and force her to join, if only because she's my favorite Kairi-liker. She has the best debates =3

Uh, you're welcome, but please try not to say you outright hate Kairi, this isn't what this club was made for.

Lonbilly

Awards
Uh, you're welcome, but please try not to say you outright hate Kairi, this isn't what this club was made for.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna bash Kairi, Chu. I'll be like I am in the FoKH threads when I discuss her. I'm not the type to bash people's beliefs lol xD (except the people who prefer those damn sweet potato fries over french fries...)

x37rnu4

Awards
Welcome to the club, friend. Yeah, I think the hate is just unnecesary. She isn't my favorite Kingdom Hearts character, but she isn't so bad.

Thanks~
She isn't my favorite either. There's only so much character development a girl with a completely pure heart can have, and I think that's why people hate her.

Awards
I'm your favorite? Really? *U*

I'm far from neutral on Kairi, but... I guess I'll join because my favorite Kairi hater is here. X3 ...Even though I still don't quite get the concept of a "neutral" club.

Lonbilly

Awards
She needs more relevant screen time. I feel like she just hasn't been treated right by the writers with how back and forth her character gets tossed around the story (and kidnapping) bandwagon. Especially when the Kairi clones get more screen time (and relevance) than her in games.

It's sad.

I'm far from neutral on Kairi, but... I guess I'll join because my favorite Kairi hater is here. X3 ...Even though I still don't quite get the concept of a "neutral" club.

To discuss different POVs on Kairi, of course! And probably so I won't spam other threads about what I want to see done with her.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Neutral, as in, people who dislike and like Kairi alike (not intended) can join this club and discuss Kairi. Basically, both parties can get along and discuss, instead of arguing with each other.

Awards
Really, though, it's far easier to work in time for Xion and Namine in the direct story. In Days, Xion was a puppet, the main character's best friend and coworker, and a huge source of conflict since she and Roxas were unknowingly competing for existence, so to speak. Namine had powers which made it so that she was directly involved in CoM's plot advancing in the first place, and later was directly involved in fixing that. Both girls also had dark corridors, and Xion had fighting experience, magic, and (usually) a keyblade.

Whenever Kairi has to directly affect the plot, she can't exactly leave the islands on her own. So the writers get her there by way of other character, usually kidnapping her. Unless someone else came and picked her up, there's no way for her to get off the island, and she won't get screen-time if she's not directly affecting the plot.

She has had quite a bit of indirect relevance, but directly, it's pretty lacking... justified, but still.

Neutral, as in, people who dislike and like Kairi alike (not intended) can join this club and discuss Kairi. Basically, both parties can get along and discuss, instead of arguing with each other.
I get what you're saying, but it's more like a simple discussion over a character than a club... or it seems that way to me...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Really, though, it's far easier to work in time for Xion and Namine in the direct story. In Days, Xion was a puppet, the main character's best friend and coworker, and a huge source of conflict since she and Roxas were unknowingly competing for existence, so to speak. Namine had powers which made it so that she was directly involved in CoM's plot advancing in the first place, and later was directly involved in fixing that. Both girls also had dark corridors, and Xion had fighting experience, magic, and (usually) a keyblade.

Whenever Kairi has to directly affect the plot, she can't exactly leave the islands on her own. So the writers get her there by way of other character, usually kidnapping her. Unless someone else came and picked her up, there's no way for her to get off the island, and she won't get screen-time if she's not directly affecting the plot.

She has had quite a bit of indirect relevance, but directly, it's pretty lacking... justified, but still.

I get what you're saying, but it's more like a simple discussion over a character than a club... or it seems that way to me...

No, both parties can agree on one thing: Kairi has potential. So, this club is designed as a compromise that equals no fighting, no flaming, no trolling, we just sit down and talk.

Lonbilly

Awards
I think, especially in KH1 & KH2, the perfect opportunity to have some Kairi development scenes would have been to have had more flashbacks/triggered memories similar to how in Traverse Town Kairi's heart began to react in Merlin's house. Like, we get some stuff that SoRiKai did together, etc. Like some stuff that was in the concept art but was cut (Kairi cooking, Kairi scolding the boys, Kairi being really playful, etc.) And then the only way the writers seem to throw her in is through kidnapping, which honestly I find to just be a cop out/bad writing. Kairi was on an island for a year. With Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka. Who play-fight. That would have been the perfect opportunity to have Kairi tap into her powers (PoH can't just only open a damn door and make someone a walking heart), and actually be capable of taking care of herself.

Hell, when she came from the meteor shower to DI I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few star shards around she could have used to get out there. But this was before Star Shards as actual transport was officially introduced. It could have even opened up the opportunity for Kairi to be fighting out in the worlds like SDG, Riku, and Mickey were doing in their own separate groups.

I just find that now it's easier to work in Namine and Xion into the plot whereas Kairi had prime opportunities in KH1 and KH2 but I don't think the writers knew exactly what to do with her.

It looks like (hopefully) she'll be getting some screentime judging by BbS FM's "Zero Point" when she's at the Mansion in TT, which she was never shown to have gone to in KH2 and hopefully means she'll be going out in the worlds, and hopefully with someone else to help her (ala a Lighting-Hope relationship) or hopefully with a Moogle so she can Serah it up. I would just prefer it if all the screentime she could get was used as it should, and then all the screentime she had gotten hadn't felt so cliched/forced (kidnapped by Axel twice and then Saix - three times in the span of probably 20 minutes).

No, both parties can agree on one thing: Kairi has potential. So, this club is designed as a compromise that equals no fighting, no flaming, no trolling, we just sit down and talk.

^This. Clubs are basically discussing the subject at hand (i.e. Kairi). This is the perfect club for discussing Kairi in a non-flaming, hey-what-do-we-wanna-see-let's-go! way.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Honestly, I think they should stray away from the generic damsel in distress female template so far. I think Kairi should have a more crucial role on the battelfield, and get kidnapped less. I think that her and Lea should bond, actually.

Awards
I think, especially in KH1 & KH2, the perfect opportunity to have some Kairi development scenes would have been to have had more flashbacks/triggered memories similar to how in Traverse Town Kairi's heart began to react in Merlin's house. Like, we get some stuff that SoRiKai did together, etc. Like some stuff that was in the concept art but was cut (Kairi cooking, Kairi scolding the boys, Kairi being really playful, etc.)
I agree wholeheartedly. That would have been an excellent way to show more of their background and relationship, and it would have given Kairi more solid characterization. Thing is, flashbacks or triggered memories shown like that would have been for little more than effect. The few shown connected to the plot, and the memories in CoM set the stage. Showing other memories certainly wouldn't have taken from the work, but it's the writer's choice completely on whether or not to add them, since the storyline is uneffected either way. Plus, Sora spent little time actively reminiscing, if I remember correctly.

And then the only way the writers seem to throw her in is through kidnapping, which honestly I find to just be a cop out/bad writing.
Someone had to get her off the islands for her to take part. I find always falling back on kidnapping to get Kairi to the others is a poor strategy, and I really hope they won't try it again. Then again, seeing her relationship as Sora's best friend, and how no one seems to be trying to kidnap his other best friend...

Kairi was on an island for a year. With Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka. Who play-fight. That would have been the perfect opportunity to have Kairi tap into her powers (PoH can't just only open a damn door and make someone a walking heart), and actually be capable of taking care of herself.
I'm thinking she did more in that time than twiddle her thumbs. Since she has no new charms to show off, and Selphie was apperently helping her cope, it's possible that she was playing with those three in that time. She did jump off the balcony, so I think she got stronger, somewhat... I really hope they go further into the PoHs than they have. It would be a waste if they don't...

Hell, when she came from the meteor shower to DI I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few star shards around she could have used to get out there. But this was before Star Shards as actual transport was officially introduced. It could have even opened up the opportunity for Kairi to be fighting out in the worlds like SDG, Riku, and Mickey were doing in their own separate groups.
I don't think she used a star shard... I think she was just sent into the ocean of worlds(I think that's what they called it....) and since the barrier was down and she had a spell to lead her, she fell to DI.

I just find that now it's easier to work in Namine and Xion into the plot whereas Kairi had prime opportunities in KH1 and KH2 but I don't think the writers knew exactly what to do with her.
I agree. U_U

It looks like (hopefully) she'll be getting some screentime judging by BbS FM's "Zero Point" when she's at the Mansion in TT, which she was never shown to have gone to in KH2 and hopefully means she'll be going out in the worlds, and hopefully with someone else to help her (ala a Lighting-Hope relationship) or hopefully with a Moogle so she can Serah it up. I would just prefer it if all the screentime she could get was used as it should, and then all the screentime she had gotten hadn't felt so cliched/forced
I'd love to see Kairi in relationships with characters besides Sora and Riku(and Pluto). As it is, her she really does need more time with less forced moments and fewer cliches...

(kidnapped by Axel twice and then Saix - three times in the span of probably 20 minutes).
I think Axel only kidnapped her once. She ran to Twilight Town of her own accord. (By which I mean, she wasn't dragged there. She didn't choose to go there exactly, though.)

^This. Clubs are basically discussing the subject at hand (i.e. Kairi). This is the perfect club for discussing Kairi in a non-flaming, hey-what-do-we-wanna-see-let's-go! way.
Oh, I see. Sounds fun. :3

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Requesting joinage as well~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back