• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The issues with Kingdom Hearts 3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandymint

Awards
Yeah, true that. To me all those abilities added onto Sora's combos were just showing how much more powerful Sora was getting. As I said, it was fine in BBS and I really enjoyed it there, but its wearing out its welcome now. We can dream, since it's a main entry and on a console instead of a handheld.

Anagram

Banned
Yeah, true that. To me all those abilities added onto Sora's combos were just showing how much more powerful Sora was getting. As I said, it was fine in BBS and I really enjoyed it there, but its wearing out its welcome now. We can dream, since it's a main entry and on a console instead of a handheld.

Personally I didn't like the long combo but I understand what you mean and I loved that you have negative combos to go the opposite direction. There was options man, OPTIONS!
BBS was honestly the only time I didn't mind it....at first. After figuring out how broken BBS actually is it's hard to enjoy playing it either. lol

Pandymint

Awards
Personally I didn't like the long combo but I understand what you mean and I loved that you have negative combos to go the opposite direction. There was options man, OPTIONS!
BBS was honestly the only time I didn't mind it....at first. After figuring out how broken BBS actually is it's hard to enjoy playing it either. lol

That's fair enough, but you're right. There were so many options and so many ways to get out of being surrounded. I'd love to see Reflect/era/ega come back too.

Anagram

Banned
That's fair enough, but you're right. There were so many options and so many ways to get out of being surrounded. I'd love to see Reflect/era/ega come back too.

Oh man reflect was so broken but so helpful in FM lol. I wish it would come back too. I did like how Aquas guard was basically reflect. xD

Shogo-Kun

Awards
The only issue I have with KH3D is the addition of time travel. Not the fact that they added, but the fact that they added it in a way only serves to make the story more complicated in terms of it's mythos. Honestly, I'm still having a hard time grasping it's form of time theory. Mostly because I'm used to the Multiverse and Grandfather Paradox Theories of time travel.

If you can't tell, I've been spoiled by Steins;Gate in terms of how time travel should be done.

Anagram

Banned
^ In contrast I had lost enough respect or caring for the time travel to bother me. I've always seemed drawn to time stuff so the Novikov aspect of DDD never threw me for much of a loop. I just really really really hated the gameplay system.

Pandymint

Awards
Oh man reflect was so broken but so helpful in FM lol. I wish it would come back too. I did like how Aquas guard was basically reflect. xD

Yeah, it was broken but SO VERY USEFUL in a pinch.

If you can't tell, I've been spoiled by Steins;Gate in terms of how time travel should be done.

....The Organization has sent an agent after me. I request a plane out of the country by sunri- WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE DONT HAVE THE FUNDS?! Tch, I guess I will have to outwit them... El. Psy. Kongroo.

laddyboy12

The gameplay, FlowMotion, and the story. That's just my opinion anyway. I did not enjoy this game. The Dream Eaters were fine, but Donald and Goofy as party members were better. Even though I disliked this game, I must say I had no problem with the Drop system either.

Literally every reason you dislike this game is the reason that I like it. FlowMotion was a blast, the gameplay was flashy, fluid, and fun(not to mention the music is some of the best in the series). The story... eh not the best but I didn't dislike it. It's crazy how diverse the KH fanbase is.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Literally every reason you dislike this game is the reason that I like it. FlowMotion was a blast, the gameplay was flashy, fluid, and fun(not to mention the music is some of the best in the series). The story... eh not the best but I didn't dislike it. It's crazy how diverse the KH fanbase is.
Opinions are opinions. Not every game is for everybody. I actually like everything people hate about KH1 (except for Atlantica, of course).

Anagram

Banned
It's crazy how diverse the KH fanbase is.

That's what happens when you console spread, without info and make a somewhat new system every time. You end up with fans for specific entries over the entire series. haha

Rael_Oblivion

I'm in the 'love DDD' group of fans. It's my favorite of the handheld titles.

The only issue I had with the game was a completionist one with the difficulty in finding some of the special portals- more diversity with the forecasts would have been nice. It's hard to find the right portal when there are potentially two or three different portals of the same dream eater spread out over a world. Save points can only do so much to help backtracking. And having to cycle drops at the end to get them all was obnoxious. But I don't know how many other people bothered with trying to get the non-storyline Keyblades in the game anyway, so looking at just the normal game I didn't have any problems with it.

laddyboy12

Opinions are opinions. Not every game is for everybody. I actually like everything people hate about KH1 (except for Atlantica, of course).

No yeah of course, I hope it didn't feel like I was trying to bash your opinion to the ground. I was just marking on how different some KH fans are.

That's what happens when you console spread, without info and make a somewhat new system every time. You end up with fans for specific entries over the entire series. haha

Hahah for sure man.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
No yeah of course, I hope it didn't feel like I was trying to bash your opinion to the ground. I was just marking on how different some KH fans are.
No, sorry, I just misinterpreted what you said!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I think I belong to those few people who actually enjoyed DDD combat quite a bit. Sure it has some issues with the stun lock and etc... but despite those I like the game quite a bit. There was on particular thing that I really liked, and had hoped that BBS had: you can pretty much do all commands on air. In most cases of BBS the game forces you to the ground when you are doing a more powerful attack, but DDD let`s you do them in the air. It was a really cool feeling when after a ground combo I jumped to the air to evade an attack, and then used strike raid to hit anther enemy. Really felt that I had a lot of cool options and could approach things differently. Also another fight where I found this really useful was against Young Xehanort. I was doing the air dash thing, but it seemed that I would not be able to reach him. Luckily I had Blizzard Edge and at the end of my air dashes, I used that and was able to stretch the few remaining meters to hit YMX. That felt really good.

Flowmotion was really fun to master, and jumping around was really great. Despite this I still think that it has to be tweaked a little bit. Little less powerful.

Wilford111

Awards
I liked Dream Drop Distance, but I have many issues with it.

I'll start with my main issue that bugs me to no end every time I play it. The frame rate drops. This game has got to be the worst in terms of frame rate, to the point where sometimes a button press will not register because the refresh rate is so low. This is especially apparent when I have the Circle Pad Pro attached.
Some people might not notice, but if you are one of those people, go to the tunnel (not the cave, the sort of twisty tube thing) in Prankster's Paradise as Sora. The frame rate stays at a smooth 60fps for the most part. It's kind of jarring tbh.

Other minor problems have to do with the game design itself. I hated the Pokemon Aime ripoff with the Dream Eaters. It brought the pace of the game to a screeching halt and it was dull and repetitive and not fun at all. I also hate how the Dream Eaters are in charge of what abilities you have. Like, not only do you have to have certain Dream Eaters with you in order to have some abilities (which is a WHOLE OTHER CAN OF WORMS), but I hate how you have to level the DEs up in order to unlock said abilities. This drives the whole Pokemon Aime thing home. It takes way too long to get points to unlock new abilities.

Then there's not much to do after you beat the story. I'm of course glad Julius is there, plus there's a fairly good amount of trophies to unlock, but I was expecting a bit more. Especially with all the extra stuff that can be found in 358/2 and bbs.

Another minor complaint is that the worlds you visit seem lifeless. There's just something about them that I can't put my finger on that is a little off-putting to me. This is especially apparent in the TRON world. I never look forward to going to that place.

Contrary to most people, I actually didn't mind the Drop mechanic at all since there's a little thing called Drop-Me-Not. I always have some on hand. I also don't have a very strong opinion on Flow Motion.

Also Sora's voice is annoying. I don't care if it wouldn't have made sense, but I would have much preferred if Haley Joel Osment didn't force a younger-sounding voice out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH3D came out before the existence of Pokemon Amie so in reality it was Nintendo ripping off KH3D if you want to really say something like that. The better example is Nintendogs. In any case, I found the DEs to be more like demons in SMT who are your direct source of power.

The lifelessness of the world's can be rationalized by the fact that the world's are essentially "sleeping", which is just a euphemism for being dead. It doesn't make it acceptable, but that is just something to remember.

Squabble

The Drop mechanic and the flowmotion that allows you to skip all the platform sequences are my main issues with the game. I haven't played the game in a while but I remember a few bosses being annoying.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
My issues...
-Flowmotion. Abilities like jump and glide should not be worn out by something like that. This also made many bossfights way too easy.
-Worlds. I really liked the Grid...TWTNW was okay as well, but the rest was really boring, sadly.
-Sora. Dayum, he was stupid in this. Not in his funny kind of way, but in a stupid one. I'd say his storyline was completely annoying as well, but there was Vanitas in it, so...I can't really say that.
-The movesets. Where's the sense in having multiple playable characters if their fighting styles are almost the same? I would have been fine with just being able to play Riku, tbh.
-The keyblades. Okay, this is just my taste, but most of them were ugly af. :c

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
-The movesets. Where's the sense in having multiple playable characters if their fighting styles are almost the same? I would have been fine with just being able to play Riku, tbh.

Except they are different. Sora doesn't hit as hard as Riku, and obviously have different ways of linking with DEs. Riku is also much more mobile and at least I felt he had a better aerial combo than Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back