• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The issue with Street Fighter V

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I am so hyped about getting this game. I really want to get good. But there were some responses from critics and users that left me with a sense of dismay. If you were to check Metacritic for the user scores, you would see that the PC and PS4 versions had received the user scores of 3.7 and 3.0, respectively. Some common reasons were that the game lacked content, graphics looked horrible or the overuse of the internet for most of the features. What went wrong?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
asking why a game is fucked up before you even played it is flawed thinking dude.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The problem with this game is that it's basically an Early Access version released at full retail price, with a promised free digital upgrade later. Some fans only care about online (which in turn hasn't been spotless), but lots of people who just play fighting games to have fun and have no dreams of being part of an EVO tournament are right to expect a little bit more content. This release makes SoulCalibur V look jam packed with content and that's quite a feat! Of course, the gameplay is solid and lots of great things will be added into the game eventually... but again, the problem is that it's not there at launch.

Anyway...

[video=youtube;kMfggshW7bg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMfggshW7bg#t=59[/video]

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I was planning on getting this game at some point. It looks fun and I`ve always been a fan of the Street Fighter series.

Though I am a bit annoyed at some of the changes certain characters went through

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Seems like the game sold less than 100k copies worldwide during the past six months. Ouch!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition announced!

Trailer:

[video=youtube;iVC-o8QdokQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-o8QdokQ[/video]

Includes a brand new arcade mode, improved graphics and UI, all season 1 and 2 characters on disc, second V-Triggers for everyone and more. Will be out on January 16 for $39.99. Physical and digital PS4 release, as well as a digital PC release.

Capcom is staying true to their word that if you've already bought the game, you will never need to buy another copy. All of the new content will be released as a free update for those who already own the game!

It's finally happened. Capcom is finally doing something right again!

A message from Yoshinori Ono:

[video=youtube;Llhz9NQfORc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llhz9NQfORc[/video]

Read more here:

Andy Wong > Manage Blog

EDIT: *sigh* None of the DLC characters will be included on the disc. Capcom, what are you doing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back