• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 'ion' in Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i'll admit before i start that this isnt the most thought out of theories but i think it leads to some interesting possibillites as well as an explanation to xion's name.

if you just look at the combination of letters in xion's name you wont come up with much. but if you just take away the x, you get 'ion.' (this also works in romaji so i think this would make sense). in chemistry, an ion is what you get when two atoms bond together and one atom takes electrons from the the other. so an ion itself is not a normal atom, but rather an atom that has either extra electrons or is lacking some electrons.

so how would this apply to xion? since xion has a lack of memories, her somebody could be the matching ion, the one that has them. and due to namine, the balance of memories somehow becomes disrupted.

and just like in chemistry, when an atom goes through a reaction, its appearance changes, so does xion's (presumably toward the end of the game, that scene can be seen in the newest trailer for anyone that hasnt seen it).

so whaddaya think?

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
It's been mentioned alot, but it might work. Might not be Xion's true name, but No I is better, like no self.

EDIT: I hate you Rain.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
hmm well i tried at least lol. i just liked the fact that it worked in japanese the same way. does xehanort work that way too?
Nope, just the English letters. Another and No Heart X.
Wait, what about " No I"? ouo /confused

The theory is well thought out, and it might work.
"No I" like no former self. Xion might not have one.

Last edited:

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I could see where that could be thought of outside the game. But I don't think they would ever implement such an explanation in the game itself. I like the No I one :3

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
hmm well i tried at least lol. i just liked the fact that it worked in japanese the same way. does xehanort work that way too?

Nomura confirmed that Xehanort can mean both No Heart and Another, amongst other possible anagrams when you removed the X. Hence why I like No I for Xion, especially since "Ion" won't really be an anagram. You'll just slap on the X.

Wait, what about " No I"? ouo /confused

No I + X => Xion. Motif from her identity crisis.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I like the idea of the ion being there, and it's a nice coincidance, but No I i think is better as before stated by like everyone.

Nope, just the English letters. Another and No Heart X.

"No I" like no former self. Xion might not have one.
Or she might be one ^^

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Or it could be that the "I" actually stands for one, not as in No. 1 or anything like that. What I mean is that "No I" could actually stand for "No One"

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Calling her No One would be redundant since she's already labeled a "Nobody".
o,o !
No. I -> #1
What if Xion's the first Nobody?
Ties in with the "Xehanort captured Aqua and used her for experimentation" concept XD

Zeagal

Lick It Good
That'd be creepy and awesome. Though I rather like the idea of Xion not being a nobody at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back