• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Insane Hall of Poetry — A Poetry Thread by King Sora X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I think it's time I start posting the poetry(or whatever you want to call it) regularly. I have too many to post them all, so I will just do my top twenty favorites and just do my most recent after that.

Five will start off.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
My top two favorites in that list: Angelic Beauty and Follow My Pen. I was really excited to read something new in the poetry section, and this was refreshing to read. I like how yours is simple, elegant, beautiful, and inspiring. At least, that's what crossed my mind upon reading all five of them, and I really can't wait to read what else you have in store for us, King Sora X. :) I like how your pieces of poetry aren't about depressing parts of life, and actually talk about someone fondly, and speak the truth as a writer.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
You continue to amaze me, KSX. You ought to have a round of applause for coming up with so many poems at a time. Certainly something I couldn't do. And with that said, I'll tell you what ones I liked most.

Memories - Short, simple and sweet. I like it. Its like reliving that same memory of eating something delicious after so long. I fear the day when we can't. For now, I shall embrace everything that's sweet.

Once upon a Time - I enjoyed this one the most. I was born from the 90's. I know tons of people get tired of hearing someone say that but, I like how you captured the nostalgic from this one. Items we never had before becoming real. Knowing they're real, even though at one time they didn't exist is mind blowing. Heck, typing on my laptop, its unreal. Before, I used to have a hunky pc that had a mouse and a bunch of additional stuff to it. So yeah, definitely a top favorite of mine.

A Picture - Sometimes a picture isn't enough. Nowhere near as close as the real thing. I get mixed feelings on this one. It reminds you not to take those precious to you for granted. To enjoy being by their side for as long as you can; soaking up every touch, every feeling they give you. Never hate those closest to you. Love and forgive. Because life is simply too short.

Fueled up Desires - I can't deny how creep out I was by this poem. A horror nobody ever wants to experience in this reality we all live in. You captured the man quite well. I'll never understand why anybody would obsess over one person then do horrible things to another human being. Its quite sickening to be honest. However, there are many crazy and sick people out there. Humans aren't as nice as they all appear to be. So, its a lesson well learned to be more careful and more self aware to avoid something as awful as this.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
These are all poems I have written over the course of the last couple of years. I'm just choosing a handful or two of them to post here. But I thank you for the very kind words. :)

As for "Fueled-Up Desires", I wrote it for a contest that had to do with obsession, so I guess you can imagine what route of "obsession" I took haha.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
This is one of my latest poem, which is out of the norm for this thread, but diddly it.

As you can tell by reading it, this poem comes from a really dark place and it is true. Every bit of it actually happened to me. So yeah. >.>

Spoiler Spoiler Show

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Wow, man. You're a seriously great poet!

Out of the first ones, I like Angelic Beauty. I have a weakness for similies and metaphors, so all of the wonderful imagery captivates me~

My favorite in the second is Once Upon a Time. I feel like this is something that all of us writers can get behind. We just love to put it all down for the world to see!

And if that new poem is so close to you, why did you choose to share it, here? I mean, it was beautiful and I'm glad you trust us with it! I really appreciate that you can talk about past and current feelings in your poem so freely.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Wow, man. You're a seriously great poet!

Out of the first ones, I like Angelic Beauty. I have a weakness for similies and metaphors, so all of the wonderful imagery captivates me~

My favorite in the second is Once Upon a Time. I feel like this is something that all of us writers can get behind. We just love to put it all down for the world to see!

And if that new poem is so close to you, why did you choose to share it, here? I mean, it was beautiful and I'm glad you trust us with it! I really appreciate that you can talk about past and current feelings in your poem so freely.

Everyone who I have shown Angelic Beauty to(friends, family, and Allpoetry readers), they've said some of the very same exact stuff. They have mostly praised my unique way of comparing an angel's beauty to the object of my affection haha.

Exactly why I wrote it. Plus, it was for a contest that asked for something of that effect. So, I'm glad that it came across like that. ^^;

Honestly? I'm just in a place that I'm able to openly talk about it without tearing up. Well, I guess that's half-true. I still get emotional about it, but I don't break down anymore. As for why I chose to share it. I just wanted to post one of my realest poems in a long time. I haven't written anything THAT emotional in a long while. Also, 2014 has been a slow year for me as far as poetry is concerned haha. Reason I say that is cause most of the poems you see here are from 2011-2012. Those two years were my most active years of writing my poetry. I don't know why either. haha

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
An emotional piece that gains my sympathy of having to carry such a dark burden on your shoulders by yourself. Its hard revealing that piece of yourself to others but, if writing it out gets it off your chest then more power to you! From many of those before me have said, it's best not to bottle such things up. Truthfully, I know its not easy to reveal such things. Especially if its something dark as this. I don't know if, you could get justice from what a person does to you after so long, and honestly, its up to you if, you want to ever forgive them or not.

Thank you for showing this piece of poetry with us, King Sora X. Did you win the contest you wrote it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back