• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► The Inner Workings of a Possible Madman.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
did you kill your friend or just stab him..

Hmm..if i was you..too let rid of the violent rage in your body..i suggest you play a contact sport..such as football or soccer..or athletics..running is good...you will also make good friends

wonko the sane

a barren, desolate wasteland of silence and loneli
You know... not to be pessimistic or anything, but the voices never really go away... No psychologist can ever make them go away, and the ones that are worth their huge salaries don't try. They teach you to reject them and to block them out of your brain.

As humans, we all have our little voices that we hear and that tell us to do things. Random thoughts that pop into our heads telling us to lash out or do something stupid. Most people learn to cope on their own or have much less violent or socially unacceptable thoughts; however, schizophrenics have a much harder time coping because they cannot always block out the voice inside. They have a reputation for doing very violent or "insane" things, but this is because the disease would not be noticed otherwise.

Often times, the voices people hear will follow the same pattern of logic and develop a type of sub-personality. In extreme cases, schizophrenics may have sub-personalities so defined that they begin to manifest visual form and become seperate beings that the person can see, hear, and even smell, taste, or touch. These voices can have such a hold on a person's mind that they may interact with real-world objects in the person's mind. For example, the person may see their hallucination opening a closed door, while in reality, the door remains shut or was never shut to begin with. These instances, however are quite rare and only occur the most extreme cases.

Schizophrenia is not something that is entirely bad, however. Patients diagnosed with schizophrenia very often display great puzzle-solving abilities and are good at finding hidden pictures, messages, or meanings in something. They often test to have higher than average IQ's due to their ability to link 2 seperate concepts together to gain a higher understanding of a subject. Many need to understand how or why something works before they can truely understand the thing itself.

I honestly can't say I blame your friend for wanting to sever her connection with you, anyone who's honest with themself would be scared after something like that happened, whether they stand by you or drift away. On the other hand, I can and DO fully blame her for dragging the rest of your friends with her, rather than letting them choose for themselves; she is a selfish fool, and you're better off without her, even though she is most likely what triggered your "cure".

Overall, I believe, sadly, that you will never actually overcome this illness, but because you have at least subdued the voice, I believe that you will be able to cope with it in any future situations. Many reported schizophrenics do one of two things after their friends abandon them: silence the voice permanently (suicide), or give in to it entirely (the serial murderers and general "crazys"). But you did neither. You found the resolve and willpower to silence your voice. You have conquered your demon, which by itself is more than can be said for most people, and you have done so alone. Your story is very inspiring, and I salute you for your bravery.

~Wonko the Sane--scientist, programer, psychologist-in-training, mild schizophrenic.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
did you kill your friend or just stab him..

Hmm..if i was you..too let rid of the violent rage in your body..i suggest you play a contact sport..such as football or soccer..or athletics..running is good...you will also make good friends

Fcuk, I saw this before I even read the first word in your post. Just stop. Sports don't solve everything. If you read the above post by Atlas, you'd know that only one of his friends left him, and not the whole bunch. Plus, if he makes new friends, his Schizophrenic "buddy" up in his head might come on down, and kick the hell out of them. And violence seems to help it. >_>

Well, Atlas, thanks for filling me in on this. Now for some advice.

First Off? Get help. Soon. Yes, the voice is gone, but you also said it was gone after you were five, or six, and it came back, and then it was gone, and it came back. What the hell's stopping it from coming back one more time? Or two more times? Maybe you'll be married by the time it comes back. Maybe you'll have a fcuking kid. THIS is why I stress getting help. Because you could end up hurting your wife, kids, etc. And I know that you wouldn't want that to happen. :(

Second? Forget the girl whom abandoned you. Maybe she was an okay friend before all this shit. But, she apparently thinks you're cuckoo, so don't even attempt to explain it to her. If she's not willing to sit down, listen to what's REALLY happening, then she isn't a very good friend, IMO.

Third, And Finally? We're always here for 'ya, bud. Talk to me on MSN if you're dealing with this. I can try and help you through it. And you never IM me anyways. <_<

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
FL.

You where one of my Good Friends when I first came, and I thank you for that. We havnt talked much and thats okay. I just wanted to show Support.

You are not a 'Madman'

The Voices in your head can be real, I know some people who have these problems and submint to Violince, Which turns out to an all out bashing the head in the wall war. Beside the point.

Listen, Your little Girl of a Friends needs to learn grow up, It shows she has not by punching you. You showed Growth with Control by NOT, and with that im Proud you did. She needs to learn how to control.

Not you.

Best Figure yet, Maybe speak with someone more one-on-one Now im not saying a Shrink. I wouldnt even send one for you over my own dead body. Try speaking with a pshicy. Yes i know it sounds odd, but they might be your best bet. If you go to a Shrink you might get send to a Crazy Instutite. -.-

But im Glad you can Control yourself.

Where here for you FL. <333

wonko the sane

a barren, desolate wasteland of silence and loneli
A psychiatrist can't put you in an institution, sh. You have to go there of your own free will unless you are an immediate threat to yourself or others. Besides, with you paying as much as you do to have them just sit there and listen to you and tell you what they think about it, they're probably not going to send you away too soon.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Update! Yay for those.

Recently, I've just been sorta depressed. I've liked one of my friends for a while(she was the first person I ever told about my problem). And then I realized she had feelings for her pen pal, a kart racer in Australia. I told her I liked her, and she liked me back. But I knew that she still had feelings for her pen pal, even though we were getting closer. So I stopped trying a while after realizing the truth. That's when the depression kicked in. From wanting what I couldn't have. And I could barely be around her. And then she decided she had enough.

MSN convo said:
(8:07 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: You want me to tell you I hate you?
(8:08 PM) [Atlas] I wanted: Do you?
(8:08 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: I ask the questions
(8:09 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: You answer
(8:09 PM) [Atlas] I wanted: If it can stop it, yes.
(8:09 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: Stop what?
(8:11 PM) [Atlas] I wanted: Pain of wanting what I cant have.
(8:11 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: You could have had me
(8:12 PM) [Atlas] I wanted: I couldnt, because I know you still like Stuart
(8:12 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: I dont still like him, I am going out with him
(8:12 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: I was single when you first told me you liked me
(8:12 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: You screwed it up
(8:13 PM) [Atlas] I wanted: Can you just say it and get it over with?
(8:13 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: Fine.
(8:14 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: I dont want you hanging around my friends either
(8:14 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: If you're gonna be like that
(8:14 PM) [Atlas] I wanted: Be like what?
(8:15 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: Emo. They all dont like it when you act like that
(8:15 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: And if you want me to say I hate you, then you cant hang out with my friends
(8:17 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: Are you sure it's what you want?
(8:18 PM) [Atlas] I wanted: I dont know anymore.
(8:18 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: Well you're too late for that decision now
(8:18 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: Dont come around me or any of my friends.
(8:19 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: I dont want you there
(8:19 PM) xxX[[ ~S.a.r.a.h: You make me sick to my stomach

..And that was it.

I've become a recluse now, hanging out on the edge of a bridge everyday now. I don't know what will become of me now, without friends..I just hope that I can pull myself together. I just need some support right now. I'm feeling okay, yet there's a churning in my stomach. It must be the sadness.

What a beautiful letdown.

Joy

Bronze Member
Oh god, someone put that girl in her place. No offense FL, but she really needs to grow up. Really, she likes you one minute, but when you are upset about her not liking just you, she just tells you to not talk to her anymore. She seems like a spoiled brat, and she needs to stop being immature. You need(ed) her, and she turned her back on you.

Now, about this dream. I have a question. When you heard the voice, it was like a separate personality, right? So right there, you had you and it. But, you said you had a dream that allowed forgiveness. Now, the other voice would have not let this happen. It would have rather wanted you to give in. And your personality was to bombarded with hurt to allow this to happen.

So, my question is, what presence gave you the option to forgive yourself? A third personality? One that would have helped you? Or was it just your plain sub-conscious?

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
During the dream, I managed to completely block him out from it, not allowing him to interfere. I guess my drunken state helped boost my mental defense, I guess. Must have been my sub-conscious, trying to tell me the truth of things, and I guess the alcohol must have helped it.

And yeah..despite how bitchy she was, we shared each other's pain, or at least tried to. And I guess we liked each other for that and other reasons. I really liked her, but now I'm trying my best to forget her, but it just doesn't seem to work. There has to be an easier way to move on..

Last edited:

Swag

Young King
It seems to me that this other personality was a facet of your emotions, so feeling depressed and whatnot might actually draw it back out. My suggestion, which is works 9 out of 10 times, is to write. draw. Do whatever it is that allows you to express yourself and get your feelings out, thus keep your other personality in a condemned state.

As far as friends go, I think everyone here knows that friends can come and go as can girls you like. But, life goes on. For example, my current situation. Recently, I got so angry at this one girl for leading me on that I nearly hit her right there in fourth period. Afterwards however, we both made up and apologized. She said that she did like me, but didn't want to date me because she is moving away at the end of the school year. Not caring, I asked her to our juinor prom. She said she'd think about it, and she'd have to her mom. Today, she comes to me and says that maybe I should go with one of my other female acquantances because none of them like her and they might get mad. I said I didn't care, but she insisted. Later I found that the reason she said that was because one of my BEST friend's had asked her to the prom behind my back and she had said yes. I have to admit, this is probably the maddest I have ever been in my entire life, but I know one thing. Life goes on, things pass, and this will too.

So, keep your head up my friend. I know all seems bad now, but it will get better. You just have to hold out.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
She did have a clue actually. I told her I liked her after a conversation, and she told me she liked me back in response. I actually did have a chance. But like I said, I knew she had feelings for him even though she was single and I wanted to get closer to her. This whole thing lasted for like a few weeks, and thats when the depression kicked in and everything went downhill. So in a way it was sort of unintentional, but the feelings were real.

And you have a point D2L. Although my drawings and poems turn out to be really dark, it keeps him in his confined place in my sub conscious. Eh, Ill share one of them. Its supposed to be a sonnet, tell me if its the correct structure :S

The End - A Madman's Sonnet

O, how it came to this.
For a dawn ever unwanted.
For He has pillaged my bliss.
I am forever haunted.

With angels you must ascend,
Once a dying myrtle, now the martyr
Madness descends!
Love can go no farther.

This body is now a tomb
Screaming blasphemies from above
This dark deviance, the child of darkness's womb
My hands stained with the blood of a dove.

With parting words of malice, this burden to end.
For only in Heaven and Hell, can we be wed.

Yeah..I made this after the current events. >_>

Last edited:

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
That was...one of the best I've read in a while.

I found that writing helped me through a period of great difficulty I was going through. It cleared my head, and helped me focus.

Aly-chan

oh u prankstahs &#9733;
Seems to me someone has to grow up. She can't really make you stay away from 'her' friends. :\ They're not a prize to be won or a toy to be played with. But oh well.

Well, sometimes who you want isn't the person you are made for. I had that happen to me once; I said I liked him but he simply said the way I look made him think twice. Then I changed ove rthe summer and he went head over heels for me. ^_^. All he did was make me feel worse about myself.

I think you shoudl let her go. If you think she's the weight bringing your world down, you HAVE to let that extra luggage go. Something terribly awful may happen in the future. Its not healthy to ask your friends to hate you. o_O

Do something that makes you happy. And like I said: Get a loyal friend. ;-;

Well, I have a problem with the fact she told you to stay away from her friends. What the hell? They're not...nvrmind. =D

I actually don't know what I would do in your situation. Sorry.

I am so sorry. I seem to be repeating myself, and not really helping. ;-;

~Aly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back