• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Inheritance Cyle? (Fun conversation)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
What if they made a game series out of the books instead? I think that sometimes video games do better than tv shows and movies, again sometimes, for example the Witcher series is based on a book series, and that did well, so I don't see why a game series based on the Inheritance cycle couldn't do good as well, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Most game adaptations became new stories in order to have more freedom. Similar to what Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Spider-Man etc did. That feels like a better way to go than a straight adaptation.

I liked the books when I was younger but I haven't read them in years.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaderskywalker

Awards
Most game adaptations became new stories in order to have more freedom. Similar to what Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Spider-Man etc did. That feels like a better way to go than a straight adaptation.

I liked the books when I was younger but I haven't read them in years.
I can understand that, but a video game is easier to get a hold of than a book, I recently listened to the audiobooks on the inheritance cycle because I had never read the books before and I was interested because my introduction to the series was the movie, I liked the movie, I had seen it multiple times since 2006 and was always disappointed that there wasn't a sequel, but everyone said the book was better, so I finally bit the bullet and listened to the audiobooks, and they were great, and the reason I didn't read the books for myself back then was because at the time I hated reading, thought it was boring, I didn't start reading for fun until I discovered fanfiction in high school in 2009, and by then I'm pretty sure the books were hard to get a hold of, I didn't even know there were books until 2011 to 2015, and it doesn't help that the books go by a similar yet different name than the movie, like the movie is just called Eragon whereas the book is called The Inheritance cycle: Eragon, why did they do that, it's like if you if star wars was based on a book, and the book was called Star Wars: A new hope, but the movie was just called A new hope, yeah would be confusing wouldn't it? (Yes I know the name was added later, and the first movie was just called Star Wars, I'm just giving an example) , so I kind of missed my chance to read them myself, but here's my point, a movie or tv show or even a fanfic, yeah you can watch them or read them, have fun with them even, but a video game lets you do so much more, like If they actually made a game and it was open world, you could explore the land of Alagasia (I don't think I spelled that right), that would be cool, especially if dragon riding was a mechanic in the games, you could fight on the ground as Eragon or in the air as Saphira, or both, you could ride on Saphira by hitting a button on the controller, probably a control scheme similar to Arkham Knight, with Batman and the Batmobile.

Last edited:

Light

faster than
Awards
It would be interesting, but I think Inheritance ran out its chance at a successful media franchise with the film.

Regarding story and plot for the game, I think it would be a very difficult one to adapt. It's been a while since I last read the books, but I really remember the character relationships falling off from say Eldest. Really, the Eragon/Brom relationship carried a lot of it, and I do not know how a video game would go with adapting that into the course of a video game.

Back