• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The inclusion of Arendelle is very bizarre

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Veevee

Awards
the snow storm being part of the way up to elsa's palace (instead of the way down in the game), and the ice labyrinth being connected to Elsa's Ice palace(underground with one of the platforms in the highest level leading to elsa's palace, since it's snowflake shaped and all), and it being the dungeon before the final fight with elsa as the wolf, making better use of Marshmallow as he would have been with you during that entire dungeon.

Man, this would've been a much better explanation than Larxene being able to just snap a huge castle made out of a foreign element out of her fingers and just commenting it with "it's not my style". I sat there and was just like ... "how did you even do that, this doesn't make any sense".

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So if Elsa did transform into that wolf Heartless how would she turn back? Maybe that's were Anna would come into play with her PoH light. Kairi was able to restore Sora's humanity.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So if Elsa did transform into that wolf Heartless how would she turn back? Maybe that's were Anna would come into play with her PoH light. Kairi was able to restore Sora's humanity.

Very quick sudden demise of her nobody?

MatPat's theories are rarely 100% sound. It's just as likely that Elsa was still the villain of the film at the point in time Nomura was first looking at it & had a harsher fate.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That plot doesn't sound better than what's in the game, jmo. It makes sense for a snow storm to blow you uphill if the source of the storm is at the bottom of the hill.

Disney would never have allowed SE to turn a princess into a Heartless even if this were Moana or TP&TF rather than a property Disney was careful with like Frozen.

SuperNova

Awards
I don’t know if that plot sounds any better than what we got but the level would have made a lot more sense if the Ice Labyrinth was actually Elsa’s basement LOL

When Arendelle was announced I was hoping for Elsa as a party member, instead we got a dumpster fire of a level and an ice golem.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I don't think Elsa would necessarily have to become the ice wolf herself. In this hypothetical original scenario she could have created the Ice Wolf, and then it could be taken over by darkness and become a heartless that way. Then you'd have Elsa's two creations, Marshmallow and the Ice Wolf, fighting each other as a reflection of her own struggle between light and darkness.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I agree with the maze coming out of nowhere. That seemed like a very powerful and random move for Larxene to have. Also Elsa doesn’t have to turn into Sköll, they can reuse the Pride Lands/Neverland scenario where someone’s darkness can beckon or turn another into a heartless.

While his story is not better, it does make more sense.

allenleonardo

Awards
Must've been the same with me. That's why I liked most of the Disney worlds in the game.

I also enjoyed every Disney world, even if Arendelle is on the last place on my list. Each world had something to it but I can also understand that some people might have been annoyed by it.

It is sad that we could not visit the city or the ice palace. I think if those two would have been in the game, the world might have been liked more.

Otherwise I enjoyed the humor in this, the endboss and Elsas song. (I have never watched that movie, so hearing her sing it for the first time was cool) I did not like Annas song in her story and maybe the Olaf part..

But of course less strict Disney would be better for the future.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I also enjoyed every Disney world, even if Arendelle is on the last place on my list. Each world had something to it but I can also understand that some people might have been annoyed by it.

It is sad that we could not visit the city or the ice palace. I think if those two would have been in the game, the world might have been liked more.

Otherwise I enjoyed the humor in this, the endboss and Elsas song. (I have never watched that movie, so hearing her sing it for the first time was cool) I did not like Annas song in her story and maybe the Olaf part..

But of course less strict Disney would be better for the future.
Here's to hope with the sequel coming out this November, Disney and the people who worked on the film would be less restrictive this time when it's adapted as a world once again in KH4.

Very quick sudden demise of her nobody?
MatPat's theories are rarely 100% sound. It's just as likely that Elsa was still the villain of the film at the point in time Nomura was first looking at it & had a harsher fate.
I think it depends on at what point in development of Frozen the changed Elsa from an antagonist to a protagonist cause the change of Elsa to the protagonist was likely around late 2011 early to mid 2012 (i'm not sure if those are exact). Another thing is that Nomura and his development team didn't started development on KH3 until around late 2012/early 2013 which is not only the time they started development but also when they started picking out the worlds for the game (Tangled, Toy Story, and Frozen being the first ones considered for KH3).

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, in its early stages, Frozen was a hand-drawn film named The Snow Queen with a straight-up villainess played by Bette Midler. That had to be a long time before KH3 ever began development considering Frozen was released in 2013. No way would they have developed the world that early. What's more is SE lost the whole first year of development for KH3 anyway when they changed engines, making it even less likely the world was constructed around an earlier plot.

Something odd I noticed about the world when I re-played was that the color of everything is significantly different in cutscenes with Anna and Elsa versus regular game or when SDG are alone. It's most apparent when you meet Anna and have to search for Olaf's body. The colors look extra bright--more like the film--for that entire part of the world. As soon as Anna and co. separate from SDG and the scene ends, all the colors change to something more muted.

LostArtist

Awards
Yes, in its early stages, Frozen was a hand-drawn film named The Snow Queen with a straight-up villainess played by Bette Midler. That had to be a long time before KH3 ever began development considering Frozen was released in 2013. No way would they have developed the world that early. What's more is SE lost the whole first year of development for KH3 anyway when they changed engines, making it even less likely the world was constructed around an earlier plot.

Something odd I noticed about the world when I re-played was that the color of everything is significantly different in cutscenes with Anna and Elsa versus regular game or when SDG are alone. It's most apparent when you meet Anna and have to search for Olaf's body. The colors look extra bright--more like the film--for that entire part of the world. As soon as Anna and co. separate from SDG and the scene ends, all the colors change to something more muted.

That's supposed to be earlier in the day (I'm assuming that's what they intended). After they separate it's the regular arendelle(post game/non story) which is mid dayyish. I wish they had let us switch between the different times of day in that world when exploring it post-story

V6Ym4IM.jpg

Back