• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The inclusion of Arendelle is very bizarre

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LostArtist

Awards
The first point I'm struggling in the game so far: sledding down the avalanche. Honestly: what the hell? I'm getting spammed with lasers from every which direction and the shield jump is so floaty... what am I missing?

you gotta time the jumps correctly to not get hit.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Both excited and nervous. Excited for a new environment and nervous for more restrictions
On one hand i'm wondering if they'll have a few standout landmarks since so far it's just a plain autumn forest. Though in the other, going by what happened with Frozen, we didn't even get to go to arendelle or inside the ice castle so *shrug*

I don't even know what to say. Anything we could potentially hype up or be interested in could easily end up being restricted lol

Neo_

Awards
you gotta time the jumps correctly to not get hit.
I beat it on my first try after I posted that, but it was still BS; the beginning is feasible, but toward the end you have three lasers coming at you. I did enjoy being challenged for once though.

Swing

Awards
They want it for the publicity.

Pretty much. This world was only included because Disney shoves it in every medium they have. Since Frozen is so “progressive" with her strong, independent, hardcore, female lesbian character that needs no man.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Elsa isn't a lesbian that we know of (not that it would bother me, although you clearly intend it as an insult) and Anna is in the early stages of a romance with Kristoff.

The reason Frozen is in KH3 is Square probably thought it would sell more copies of the game. Supply and demand.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Why is the focus "Wow, Elsa can create ice!" and not "Wow, Elsa can create LIVING BREATHING SENTIENT SNOWMEN"?

kaseykockroach

Awards
The movie's weird about it too! Olaf's barely acknowledged as technically being her son!

wwinterj

I liked the world. It's of course silly to not have included it. I actually enjoyed having "let it go" in there too. If copywrite wasn't a issue having more songs in the games would be very welcome. I'm not a fan of Frozen by any means but I want the world to actually return and hopefully Square will be allowed more creative freedom at that point.

Knuxpyro56

But realistically I'd see both films not coming back in the next games with the latter film being replaced by a world based on The Incredibles.

Trust me, if people complained about San Fransokyo being lifeless, then Metroville is going to be even worse. Incredibles (at least the first film) might have a better overall story than Big Hero 6, but its world is sooo boring. There is nothing about it that makes it unique. There are no set pieces, Villains are barely a concept, and the guest party members would just be Mr. Incredible and Frozone. If people were disappointed with only Baymax as a party member, imagine the reaction for the Incredibles.

Also, it wouldn't be hard to recreate characters that appeared on the Cartoon series to be in Kingdom Hearts. All new original characters still have to get approval from the original filmakers (who are currently working at WDAS). Plus many Disney Animators would know how a cartoon character would look like going from a 2D show to a cg feature length film.

There are way more adventures to tell in Corona and San Fransokyo, their setting alone is a testament to that. If anything i wouldnt be surprised if KH4 began only using films from 2010 onwards.

Disney Animation you have: Tangled, Ralph, Frozen 2, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Moana
Pixar you got: Toy Story 3/4, Monsters Inc (with sequel tv series in dev), Brave, Coco and Inside Out (???)

Lets be real, Disney saw KH3 as a way to advertise franchises and it worked. I have a feeling that the next game will still rely on the brand new Nostalgia these films will be getting. But hey, i only see it through a business lens.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The Tangled series is only supposed to be three seasons though, which means it'll be over after next year. So far KH has never touched TV series--although I wish they would (to get Mirage and Mozenrath in KH if for no other reason).

Knuxpyro56

The Tangled series is only supposed to be three seasons though, which means it'll be over after next year. So far KH has never touched TV series--although I wish they would (to get Mirage and Mozenrath in KH if for no other reason).

True but like how they pulled off San Fransokyo, they could do it like if it were a lost episode/pseudo sequel, although not canonically with the film/show. It could work.

I will say, that i was very satisfied with how the Disney worlds were for the most part, there is no denying that they can still be vastly improved. Tangled and BH6 being prime examples.

Sadly Frozen was left to the side with Disney over-managing Square, worse than Dave Roberts overmanaged the Dodgers to Back to Back World series losses. Hopefully with Frozen 2 it can change.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
True but like how they pulled off San Fransokyo, they could do it like if it were a lost episode/pseudo sequel, although not canonically with the film/show. It could work.

I will say, that i was very satisfied with how the Disney worlds were for the most part, there is no denying that they can still be vastly improved. Tangled and BH6 being prime examples.

Sadly Frozen was left to the side with Disney over-managing Square, worse than Dave Roberts overmanaged the Dodgers to Back to Back World series losses. Hopefully with Frozen 2 it can change.

True. I feel like the future of the series should be for the Disney and Pixar properties to have their very own exclusive storyline for the game. That way, they can also more directly link it to the overall plot of the KH series.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Trust me, if people complained about San Fransokyo being lifeless, then Metroville is going to be even worse. Incredibles (at least the first film) might have a better overall story than Big Hero 6, but its world is sooo boring. There is nothing about it that makes it unique. There are no set pieces, Villains are barely a concept, and the guest party members would just be Mr. Incredible and Frozone. If people were disappointed with only Baymax as a party member, imagine the reaction for the Incredibles.

You missed the point on my previous post, when did I say that San Fransokyo is lifeless? I'm just being honest that I find it very unlikely that Big Hero 6 would be returning in the next KH game, and more than likely they will use the Incredibles instead. Also don't underestimate Pixar, as they could have an original storyline set after the events of the 2nd film just like the Monster's Inc. world set after the first movie and the Toy Story world being an interquel to the second and third movie.

Also, it wouldn't be hard to recreate characters that appeared on the Cartoon series to be in Kingdom Hearts. All new original characters still have to get approval from the original filmakers (who are currently working at WDAS). Plus many Disney Animators would know how a cartoon character would look like going from a 2D show to a cg feature length film.

There are way more adventures to tell in Corona and San Fransokyo, their setting alone is a testament to that. If anything i wouldnt be surprised if KH4 began only using films from 2010 onwards.
The thing is, is that the shows based on Tangled and Big Hero 6 were developed at Disney Television Animation along with the fact it's a different development team that worked on those shows compared to the people that worked on the original movies at Walt Disney Animation Studios (even though there are a few people worked on these films that are involved in the respective show). Secondly, It just would be jarring just switching to the CG animation of the original movies to the 2D style of the shows along with the fact that it would be difficult recreating characters that were introduced to the tv show (e.g. Cassandra, Varian, Globby, Obake, Professor Granville etc..) as CG characters (in the style of the original movies). Not to mention that there haven't been any Disney Television Animation shows adapted into the KH games.

Last edited:

SerDuncan

I've actually got a question, that maybe some people come answer here. I just started a replay of DDD, and it actually feels like there is more overall space in some of the worlds in that game... then the worlds in this game. For example, San Fransokyo feels really big at first, but it's essentially an empty world. There's little to actually explore, no secrets to uncover, and the space is mostly vertical instead of horizontal. In comparison, Traverse Town covers the entirety of the game from KH1, plus a huge underground mail area for Sora, a sizable new fountain plaza area, and another huge backstreets are for Riku. Likewise, comparing Corona and Country of Musketeers, it seems as though the Musketeers world overall has more map space. Sure, you can see a ways into the distance in Corona, but there's more unique areas to explore Dream Drop's world and it has a larger space overall.

I think the only world that really seems large to me in KH3 is the Caribbean, but even that might just be because of all the empty space in between islands instead of actual explorable areas themselves. What do you think?

Ginalea00

Awards
Those who watched Once Upon A Time would also notice similarities to how the Frozen characters are treated. Once Upon A Time was a drama that included fairy tale characters with many based on the Disney versions. However they added twists to many of their stories for example Peter Pan, King Arthur and Rapunzel were Villains, the Evil Queen, Hook, Maleficent and Ursula had sympathetic backstories, some good characters like Maid Marian and the Fairy Godmother were killed, and there were many clever twists in the stories.

The Frozen characters (Elsa, Anna, Kristoph and Hans) however were almost exactly the same as their movie versions. They had the exact same personalities, even dressed and looked exactly the same (not always the case with other films and they’ve had a Hispanic Cinderella and a black Merlin), and their story had some slight changes but nowhere near as drastic as their other films. In fact they invented a new character called the Snow Queen to take on the meatier stories so Elsa and Anna could remain “pure”. Compared to Tangled where Rapunzel grew up to be a villain and Gothel had a sympathetic backstory and also a complex story outside of the tangled story.

Back