• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The inclusion of Arendelle is very bizarre

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The labyrinth was cool, but it felt devoid of life.

It’s a labyrinth. Made of ice. Underground. What were you expecting? A busy city?

Something odd I found about Arendelle is how some characters just break out into singing out of nowhere.
“Let it go” to me did kinda come out of nowhere. It just wasn’t well integrated. The others were fine.

Arendelle wasn’t that bad. There were a few writing mishaps that were funny. Like when Anna tells Sora it’s a long story about Elsa, but that explanation took no more than two minutes. Or when Sora finally gets to the top of the mountain and Larxene is like “bye bitch” and just forces Sora off. I laughed realizing we had to climb up again.

kaseykockroach

Awards
It’s at least more interesting than any half-hearted scenarios in 1 and 2, even if I’m still heartbroken Elsa wasn’t a party member. Let alone barely interact with her to a point where Marshmallow’s the only character you have any connection with.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard

It’s a labyrinth. Made of ice. Underground. What were you expecting? A busy city?

“Let it go” to me did kinda come out of nowhere. It just wasn’t well integrated. The others were fine.

Arendelle wasn’t that bad. There were a few writing mishaps that were funny. Like when Anna tells Sora it’s a long story about Elsa, but that explanation took no more than two minutes. Or when Sora finally gets to the top of the mountain and Larxene is like “bye bitch” and just forces Sora off. I laughed realizing we had to climb up again.

To contrast the boringness of the rest of the world? Yes. Like trap civilians inside of it, or have Larxene actually bother to drop by.

Blizzard-

Awards
Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard

To contrast the boringness of the rest of the world? Yes. Like trap civilians inside of it, or have Larxene actually bother to drop by.

You called? lol

I guess I should/could chime in.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

OneDandelion

Awards
That said, I think the overall ambitious nature of KINGDOM HEARTS III hindered the end product, seeing as how Nomura himself admitted to running out of space for the game, and having to redo various cutscenes for the sake of saving space.

What does "running out of space" even mean...? The game is less than 40 GB

How you could call anything other than the last 4 hours of the game ambitious is beyond me. The graphics and relevant cutscenes are good, I'll give you that, but to call this an ambitious 'game' is ridiculous

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I agree, OneDandelion. The game only barely manages to clear the bar to escape being called "lacking," imo, thanks to the low number of worlds. The run is just enough. That's not ambitious. Ambitious would mean more than the bare minimum, pulling out all the stops, etc. Maybe Nomura's plans were ambitious...? And he wasn't able to finish it all in time (which, considering how long this game's been going is sad).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
"We can't have these weirdos interfere, we gotta throw them down a mountain every five minutes so they don't ruin the movie." - Disney probably.

If they really wanted the film to happen before our eyes while we still traversed that world, they could have had Sora and the gang be in the background preventing Larxene from doing something to Anna/Elsa. We would get the Frozen movie experience, while also an original story that actually had us involved in the story albeit in the background.

I didn't mind the world, but it definitely was probably one of my least favourite DISNEY worlds in all numbered KH titles. Wonderland/Deep Jungle used to hold that honour, but I feel like Arendelle was just a snow world for us to experience.

Awards
What does "running out of space" even mean...? The game is less than 40 GB
I've been thinking the same thing. Like, it's clear that some things are missing from the full KH3 picture, which is why a Final Mix DLC is pretty much garunteed, so what could've possibly made him think that he's running out of space on the disc to the point where some cutscenes had to be pre-rendered[which apparently increases file size for some reason?]

I mean, this is the same guy who thought Sephiroth being brought back so single time for KH2 was enough to be considered "too many times" so I'm not even sure at this point

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I've been thinking the same thing. Like, it's clear that some things are missing from the full KH3 picture, which is why a Final Mix DLC is pretty much garunteed, so what could've possibly made him think that he's running out of space on the disc to the point where some cutscenes had to be pre-rendered[which apparently increases file size for some reason?]

I mean, this is the same guy who thought Sephiroth being brought back so single time for KH2 was enough to be considered "too many times" so I'm not even sure at this point

He was worried about space slowing loading times:

There are various reasons but the one with the big influence would be the movie capacity. When you load cutscenes in real time, if it’s in the same scene you could just load a few data. But if you put in an entirely different scene like “meanwhile, at the same time,” you had to load that data from zero which makes the loading time very long.

In order to solve this, we turned some of the cutscenes into movies to reduce the loading time, but if the movies are being kept at high quality, the capacity ends up becoming very big. It’s much more than we have assumed.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7391-t...have-dual-audio-due-to-disk-space-constraints

Knuxpyro56

Yes Arrendelle is strange here. Take a look at the other two Disney Animated worlds. Tangled and Big Hero 6. Tangled retells the movie, but you are part of Flynn and Rapunzel's journey. Granted there should've been more scenes such as meet the pub thugs (which would better help explain Flynn's escape) or having Marluxia chase them through the dam/canyon.

Big Hero 6 actually falls in better with the Pixar story telling by placing the story after the movie. This allowed them to show new creative ideas such as giving them new powers. It also has benefits considering that both films have really good TV shows, that could allow them to return for next games. There are alot ideas to use.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If this partnership with the KH3 dev team and Disney/Pixar continues, they should keep doing original stories rather than movie retellings.

dianted

Awards
I actually thought Tangled and Frozen were some of the only films that would've benefited from be a "retelling" rather than attempting an original plot, but sadly I was wrong. Tangled probably isn't coming back (the most may be Rapunzel if all of the PoH get together), but Frozen will probably be brought back at least one more time and hopefully they don't use Frozen 2's plot and it's something exciting and original, because there's tons of potential. Who knows if Disney would allow them, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
It also has benefits considering that both films have really good TV shows, that could allow them to return for next games. There are alot ideas to use.
I don't think we would be returning to the Kingdom of Corona or San Fransokyo in the next installments as Tangled looks to be finished unless if they continue utilizing elements from the TV series in the next game, which I see unlikely cause KH haven't use any of the Disney animated TV shows in their games and it would be difficult creating 3D models some of the characters introduced in the show (e.g. Cassandra) in the KH art style. Monster's Inc. and Big Hero 6 will all depend on if Nomura and his team along with the creative team from Walt Disney Animation and Pixar have new story ideas for these respective worlds, but realistically I'd see both films not coming back in the next games with the latter film being replaced by a world based on The Incredibles.

I think the only Disney and Pixar-based worlds I could see doing original storylines in the next game are:

• [*=left]Any Pixar-based film (e.g. Coco, Incredibles, etc..)
    [*=left]Zootopia*
    [*=left]Wreck-It Ralph*
    [*=left]Frozen II**

* - I'm indifferent to which route they will take with these films when they become worlds in the next game be it a retelling of the film or an original storyline.

** - Depends if Disney will put restrictions on the film once again or not and wether they do an original storyline set between the events of the first and second film or a retelling of the second film.

But Frozen will probably be brought back at least one more time and hopefully they don't use Frozen 2's plot and it's something exciting and original, because there's tons of potential. Who knows if Disney would allow them, but I guess we'll find out eventually.
Yeah about that, the Teaser for Frozen 2 just came out today. Wether Disney chooses to put restrictions or not on the film once again like they did in the Frozen world in KH3, or an original plot set between the first and second film remains to be seen but from the footage of the teaser it looks very impressive.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

jahob000

Gotta love the narration over the song. A new experience for my ears. If I ever see a musical, I'll just ask someone to talk while I'm listening. It's like VR for my ears.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I’m just grateful the trio didn’t jump in and try to join in her performance!...actually, that would have been adorable, now that I think about it.

Neo_

Awards
The first point I'm struggling in the game so far: sledding down the avalanche. Honestly: what the hell? I'm getting spammed with lasers from every which direction and the shield jump is so floaty... what am I missing?

Back