• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Identity of the Traitor - The No Traitor Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnagewake

Hey guys, new member here.

With the announcement of 2.8 I decided to come back and research everything I could get my hands on to get caught up on the story so far and make sense of it.

I want to talk specifically here about the identity of the traitor, because I believe that we were given the information we need for that conclusion at the end of KHX.

I actually would like to call this The No Traitor Theory, as I explain below.

Here's the ending of KHX by Everglow that doesn't cut any scenes out: https://youtu.be/94M8NNNuEdc

I will be quoting the KHX ending almost exclusively.

I'll start with Ava confronting a Black Coat she calls by name. Luxu. [3:44]
Ava: What was written on the Lost Page? Luxu... did you make things this way? Are you the traitor?
*Luxu brandishes Xehablade* (Xehanort's Keyblade. It's a stupid name. I'm sorry.)

Now cut to Player, Chirithy, and Skuld speaking with Gula who is about to tell them about the The Lost Page that he's seen.
Gula: "The one unable to forgive this distastefulness, who thought of fate with pessimism and lost true strength. The one who will misread the truth and step into secrecy..."

I'll be to the point here, this is talking about Ava.
"The one unable to forgive this distastefulness"
Ava refused to knowingly lead her Union towards their deaths. She could not stomach the sacrifice. Even if it was part of the MoM's(Master of Masters) plan for the greater good or maybe just *their* greater good.

"who thought of fate with pessimism and lost true strength.
Ava put together the Dandelions to *unchain* them from their fate: to die in the Keyblade War.

"The one who will misread the truth and step into secrecy..."
Once again, Ava created the Dandelelions in secret from MoM. More on *the truth* in a second.

Jumping back to Ava and Luxu. Ava immediately recognizes Zehablade and Luxu's response is "Yep, that's the true identity of the traitor."
Before we talk about the traitor, there are a couple things we know about the Xehablade. 1) it's been around a long time 2) it gets passed down. We can safely assume here that Zehablade is *NOT* Luxu's keyblade due to Ava's surprise. It was passed down to him.
5 Foretellers were given Tomes, but Luxu got left out. Wanna guess what he was given instead? Maybe the Master's Xehablade? We'll have to wait and see on that one.
The scene goes on.

Ava: I can't believe it's true.
Luxu: So that's why you'll listen to destiny and your only option is to fight.
Rather than the future of the world, I wonder if the Master wants to know how we will be guided by the key?
Ava: Choosing us over the world? That can't be!
Luxu you're taking advantage of the Master's will! The Master would never wish for such a thing!

So here is where we start to diferentiate between who exactly has been betrayed. Besides, who the traitor is depends on who is being betrayed, eh?
Ava was fated to bring about the Keyblade War and unknowingly acted as the prophesied Traitor even after Luxu inferred that it was all part of MoM's plan to sacrifice the Keybearers in the Keyblade War. More on this below.
Put simply, Ava was the traitor, but she wasn't betraying other Foretellers. She was betraying MoM and the plan. Gula confirms this below.

Next we jump back to Player and crew with Gula. He says something important.
Gula: The traitor will be the one to end this world.
We have someone we suspect, but in the end we couldn't stop them.
Actually we may have missed the mark.

The Foretellers were trying to catch the traitor to stop the end of the world, but the end of the world and MoM's plan were one in the same. They had suspects, but he doesn't think they were even looking in the right place.
And he's right, because as we've said none of the Foretellers were actually betraying each other. It was MoM being betrayed by Ava who acted as the traitor and initiated the Keyblade War just according to plan.

That's pretty much where we're left until Back Cover.

Going into Back Cover, I think we can expect to get more details on how each Foreteller tried to stop the Keyblade War and how they found the Lost Page or maybe even a bunch of stuff that proves everything I said wrong!
But that's why I love reading into these theories.

Feel free to poke holes and point me in the right direction if anything is really off. I'd love to hear your theories!

I've been a lurker here for a long time and a Kingdom Hearts fan for longer!

Take care.

Carnagewake

This is a nice theory, now to find out wherever the MoM went.
That is a question I am scratching my head on, but here's what I've got so far.

The trailer for Back Cover (https://youtu.be/DsMd6lN1O40) shows him a couple times. We see him in the opening scene holding a Dandelion dressed in a Black Coat.

The other Black Coat seen speaking to Ira is Luxu.

It doesn't seem like MoM is far away. The only clue we're given are his cryptic words and a dandelion.

Would it be too far fetched to consider he may be planning to escape to the outside world with the Dandelions?

If that's the case, was his goal simply to break the X-Blade into 20 pieces and seperate all worlds?

Maybe!

DefiantHeart

Awards
Pretty much as I thought, though chu expanded upon it more. Originally, I thought the arrival of Chi took away any chance of my fan fic holding any truth to it, but each time I rethink the ending... I'm like, it could still come true. XD Though most of me doesn't want my fan fic to ever come true... it has a very depressing possibility I'd rather never see in Kingdom Hearts... the Keyblade War was depressing enough, and this possibility is even worse...

Xehablade huh? I prefer Goat Blade honestly, as we still have no idea whom the original owner was... (though again that ties into my fan fic...bleh...) Anyways, nice hypothesis. :D

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
But if the Tome of Prophecies states that a traitor is within the group, then that's an objective truth is it not? because the Tome of Prophecies can't assume or guess things incorrectly. Basically, there's definitely a traitor... just not in the conventional sense.

TheDemonCT

Great theory! Makes sense that Ava would be the traitor, even she's trying to do some good by preventing more casualties. Real question is: How did Gula get the missing page?

Carnagewake

Pretty much as I thought, though chu expanded upon it more. Originally, I thought the arrival of Chi took away any chance of my fan fic holding any truth to it, but each time I rethink the ending... I'm like, it could still come true. XD Though most of me doesn't want my fan fic to ever come true... it has a very depressing possibility I'd rather never see in Kingdom Hearts... the Keyblade War was depressing enough, and this possibility is even worse...

Xehablade huh? I prefer Goat Blade honestly, as we still have no idea whom the original owner was... (though again that ties into my fan fic...bleh...) Anyways, nice hypothesis. :D

First, thank you! I tried to make it an easy read and get straight to the points.

I'd love to read your fan-fic, I don't think I've read it actually!

The origin of Xehanort's Keyblade still really intrigue's me. I'm pretty confidant that MoM passed it down to Luxu, but if not MoM... then who?! Nomura may just keep its actual origin a secret to keep us coming back for more! Wouldn't that be fun? Hehehe.

Carnagewake

But if the Tome of Prophecies states that a traitor is within the group, then that's an objective truth is it not? because the Tome of Prophecies can't assume or guess things incorrectly. Basically, there's definitely a traitor... just not in the conventional sense.

Yeah that's my interpretation of it, but it could totally be more literal and that would definitely change things.

It's still sort of a mystery of what exactly the book does and what it even is (could also be the location of the story somehow?).

It seems to create an unavoidable fate/destiny scenario, but then you have the Dandelions kind of being *unchained* from their fates?

Who knows where Nomura will go with it.

As always it'll be pretty exciting!

Carnagewake

Great theory! Makes sense that Ava would be the traitor, even she's trying to do some good by preventing more casualties. Real question is: How did Gula get the missing page?

Thank you very much for reading!

That question is also why I am so excited for Back Cover, because we are definitely going to be getting very acquainted with Luxu and his *secret* meetings with each Foreteller. Like what we see in the trailer and in the KHX ending.

Pretty much 100% we'll be getting the answer to that question in Back Cover!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Uhh... I'm having a hard time trying to understand what you're trying to establish. Let's see...

* Are you saying that the Master of Masters wrote the Tome of Prophecies to contain the idea of a traitor, in order for everyone to become obsessed with the notion of a traitor's existence, to have Ava initiate all of her actions, that in the end result in the destruction of the world?

Carnagewake

Uhh... I'm having a hard time trying to understand what you're trying to establish. Let's see...

* Are you saying that the Master of Masters wrote the Tome of Prophecies to contain the idea of a traitor, in order for everyone to become obsessed with the notion of a traitor's existence, to have Ava initiate all of her actions, that in the end result in the destruction of the world?

First, thanks for reading! Second, I'm sorry. I have the brain of a gerbil, so I have to try really hard to organize my thoughts.

Third, I've been really busy! I'm sorry again for the delayed reply.

Short version, yes.

There are still some variables floating around of course, but all signs point to MoM ultimately orchestrating The Keyblade War to obtain the X-Blade and all he needed was to somehow convince everyone to fight each other, but not just to fight each other; to kill each other.

Like I mentioned, it's still unclear what exactly the Tome of Prophecy can and can't do. At this point we know for a fact the book says the world is gunna end and dankness is gunna win. (heh)

The first time we hear mention of a traitor is actually from your Chirithy who just heard a rumor about it.

My money is on Luxu starting the rumor, because we do know he talks to some of the Foretellers (Ira at least), but we really don't know. So the Foretellers come to the natural conclusion that the traitor is the one who will bring about the end, because everything was going so great before. And as we know, if there is no traitor there is no fight; there is no Keyblade War.

The Unions start to compete against each other. Who can gather the most light? You gathered the least light? What's wrong with you? Are you the traitor?!

See where I'm going?

Then we read the Lost Page that Luxu has shown the Foretellers (at least Gula) and we get this ultimatum that someone will start the end.

Was that the plan all along? Was Luxu actually taking matters into his own hands in some of this? Where the hell does this story even take place?

In January we'll see.

EDIT: Actually, I just stumbled upon this old video that shows a scene that I forgot about in KHUX when you actually dream about the Foretellers talking to Luxu about the traitor and the missing page.
Link: https://youtu.be/Mvusv10Gl48

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah. There's also the issue with the Lost Page. Maybe it holds the answer to the REAL threat, and its absence was used to make it seem as if it talked of a traitor.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Does the Tome of Prophecy explicitly state though that there's "a traitor within the Foretellers"?
As far as I know we do not know the exact wording/passage of that part. The only thing in regards to the traitor we got was a single line from Gula/Leopardos in the very first 2.8-Debut Trailer:
"It's written on that page that one will betray all."
Aced/Ursus also voices in the same trailer that he doesn't believe the traitor is among them/their group.

Strictly spoken, both the Master of Masters and Luxu are part of their "group" as well though, despite not being explicitly Foretellers.
In Browser-Chi Ava accuses Luxu of misusing the Master's intentions for his own ambitions (which is somewhat scarily similar as to how Xehanort used Ansem the Wise's intentions to bring about evil) but the Master of Masters himself is of course also still highly suspicious, especially since he seems to be the one to have planned the setup as to how the Foretellers would go about their tasks (with the unions, in competition, alliances are forbidden etc.).

Yeah. There's also the issue with the Lost Page. Maybe it holds the answer to the REAL threat, and its absence was used to make it seem as if it talked of a traitor.

I'm also on the impression that the Lost Page will hold if not all at least many answers to some of the mysteries. Luxu is implied to be the one holding the Lost Page, yet Gula knows at least parts of the page's text.
This begs of course the question as to why and how Gula knows this.

Has Luxu or the MoM revealed some selected parts of the page to Gula and the Leopard can recite those few passages he knows from memory?
Does Gula have an, possibly incomplete, copy of the Lost Page? If so from where? Did he find it somewhere? Did either Luxu or the MoM give it to him?
Going back to the first trailer statement Gula claims the Lost page speaks about a traitor that betrays all, so maybe this part is among the pieces that were revealed (possibly on purpose) to him?

When conversing with Skuld the only thing Gula reveals about the issue is that he was apparently "investigating" the traitor-business somehow and that he eventually realized he followed some false clues, costing him so much time that he failed to make any noticeable difference.

There is however something that doesn't add up. In the scene of the Foreteller meeting Aced accuses Ira of foolishly revealing the existence of the traitor, yet as far as we have seen it is Gula who knows parts of the Lost Page. So from where does Ira know about the traitor and why is he sure that one exists enough to inform the other Foretellers about it?
Or...may this have been a ploy to get the whole thing going in the first place, perhaps?
Not necessarily intentionally on Ira's part but maybe he got subtly manipulated into it without noticing? We do see Ira more than once converse with the Master of Masters after all.

DefiantHeart

Awards
First, thank you! I tried to make it an easy read and get straight to the points.

I'd love to read your fan-fic, I don't think I've read it actually!

The origin of Xehanort's Keyblade still really intrigue's me. I'm pretty confidant that MoM passed it down to Luxu, but if not MoM... then who?! Nomura may just keep its actual origin a secret to keep us coming back for more! Wouldn't that be fun? Hehehe.

Thanks for replying to me first of all, I rarely get replies... ish like I'm a ghost. :eek: Second, I decided to cancel my fan fics and anything related to Kingdom Hearts... pretty much only you and Cinder showed interest in it, lol. ( I just get depressed easily, and if hardly anyone cares, kinda doesn't make sense to use my tiny energy to make it. XD) I'll probably post reference pictures to it in my avatar and such, but that's pretty much it.

Carnagewake

Hello everyone!

Yes I am back and reviving this dead thread to put an end cap on this theory! (What is this evil necromancy?!?!)

[Please know that there are SPOILERS below to Back Cover and KHUX]

With the majority of people having played or watched 2.8 and with the reveal of Ventus in KHUX today (WHAAT?!) I thought I would share my thoughts on the events so far!

*Capping off the theory!*
To cap off my theory at the beginning of the thread it looks like I was right for the most part. The surprise for me while watching Back Cover was that not only did Master of Masters orchestrate the Keyblade War by instilling doubt in all of the Foretellers, but he also instructed Ava to form the Dandelions! Ava was simply fulfilling her role like a good Foreteller does.

*Future Traitor Theories?*
I'm seeing a lot of people talking about how the traitor could have survived the Keyblade War, could be a traitor from the future, etc. My response to this is that the Lost Page was written for Gula as proof that there was a traitor as he investigated each Foreteller for betrayal. Now that the Keyblade War is past I think its obvious who the traitor is here, MoM.

*WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!?!?*
Ohhhh man do I have some theory on this! I'll prepare my theory and make a new thread for this and let this thread rest in peace.

*VENTUS WTFBBQ*
Ventus you guys! <3 I have seen quite a bit of theory popping up about him. All I will say here that he is NOT time traveling. It would break the rules of time travel and if you look closely he does not have his shoulder pauldron for his armor from BBS. More theory on him another time.

*The Fate of the Foretellers?*
There's some obvious questions in light of the newest KHUX JP episodes found here: https://youtu.be/Z0a9eHQ-TT4
Ava might be alive? The way the Master of Masters talks to Ava makes it sound like she will survive the Keyblade War, why explain to her what happpens afterwards. It's highly probable that Luxu is alive as well. Funny how MoM and Luxu both happen to be wearing Black Coats to protect them from Darkness right before the world is enveloped in darkness for the first time ever, huh? More theory on that another time.

*The end*
That's all folks! You can expect new theory in the coming days. I have been so busy lately I apologize to my fellow Heartless here for leaving you. Stay just the way you are ^_^

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
For the longest time I was sure that the traitor was Ava, mostly because she went and gathered other Keyblade Wielders to escape the war. The traitor prophecy said something along the lines of "you will defy the masters teachings and go out on your own". I thought that Ava was going out of her own way to try and help, but she unknowingly became the traitor. This is why she had such a harsh reaction to Luxu when he told her the traitor's true identity, because she couldn't believe it was her. However after recent developments in 2.8, I'm not sure. She doesn't seem like she's let darkness into her heart, and it was her role given to her by the MoM to create the Dandelions. Maybe the traitor never was one of the Foretellers? Maybe they just kind of ASSUMED it was, but when in reality it was one of the new 5.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm still on the boat that there was no traitor at all, and the idea of a traitor was just a catalyst for the foretellers to go their separate ways. If it was anyone, though, it'd probably be Gula or Invi, since Gula ripped Aced away from the rest of the group and caused him to go berserk, while Invi actively defied her fellow foretellers by ratting them out to Ira. It's not Aced, since that'd be way too obvious, it's not Ava, since Ava was the only one that did what she was told to do the whole time, and it's not Ira, since Ira hasn't done shit. I think they meant to imply that it was Luxu, but... what has Luxu done? Has he really done anything at all? WHAT THE HELL DOES LUXU HAVE TO DO WITH THIS STORY?!

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm still on the boat that there was no traitor at all, and the idea of a traitor was just a catalyst for the foretellers to go their separate ways. If it was anyone, though, it'd probably be Gula or Invi, since Gula ripped Aced away from the rest of the group and caused him to go berserk, while Invi actively defied her fellow foretellers by ratting them out to Ira. It's not Aced, since that'd be way too obvious, it's not Ava, since Ava was the only one that did what she was told to do the whole time, and it's not Ira, since Ira hasn't done shit. I think they meant to imply that it was Luxu, but... what has Luxu done? Has he really done anything at all? WHAT THE HELL DOES LUXU HAVE TO DO WITH THIS STORY?!
I'm… trying to understand you, but I can't. lol

See, the problem with Ira is that he didn't do anything on-screen. We don't know what kind of schemes he might be planning off-screen.
Aced being way too obvious, I dunno how I feel about that. Just because something is obvious doesn't mean you should exclude the possibility of it being the case. I know Nomura loves his surprises. Maybe this time, the obvious choice is surprising?

Well, yeah, Invi defied her fellow Foretellers, but so did Aced by actively going all out (more or less) on Gula and Invi.
And if we're super strict, everyone but Ira broke the rules by teaming up against Aced (which can also be seen as an alliance).

Luxu does play a major role in all of this, even if he's not shown on-screen. The Book of Prophecies is proof of that, as the MoM said.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm… trying to understand you, but I can't. lol

See, the problem with Ira is that he didn't do anything on-screen. We don't know what kind of schemes he might be planning off-screen.
Aced being way too obvious, I dunno how I feel about that. Just because something is obvious doesn't mean you should exclude the possibility of it being the case. I know Nomura loves his surprises. Maybe this time, the obvious choice is surprising?

Well, yeah, Invi defied her fellow Foretellers, but so did Aced by actively going all out (more or less) on Gula and Invi.
And if we're super strict, everyone but Ira broke the rules by teaming up against Aced (which can also be seen as an alliance).

Luxu does play a major role in all of this, even if he's not shown on-screen. The Book of Prophecies is proof of that, as the MoM said.

Maybe I should explain myself a bit. What I mean is that, on the surface, Aced is clearly "traitorous" in some way. The problem with that assumption is that people forget that the only reason Aced turned out to be that vengeful by the end of X is because the other foretellers pushed him to the brink. It was Invi's immediate stereotyping of his character mixed in with Ava's indecisiveness and Gula's retraction that caused him to act out on his emotions. Like Ira said, he is as much one of the lights as everyone else is, even if Aced himself has been led to believe that he can't be that way. Now, Ava's can be excused, since she was very adamant on staying true to the master's orders, but Invi took everything a step too far by ratting everyone out to their leader, and Gula incorrectly assumed that, since he's the one with anger issues, that he must have been the traitor. Gula even admits in in Back Cover and X; he assumed meaning from the text when he didn't even understand it to begin with. It was vague at best, and misleading at worst. Aced should be called out for his lack of anger management, but you can't just say that he's the traitor without realizing that everyone else influencing him to act out also did the wrong thing.

The reason I think it's either Invi or Gula is because they did more to lead to the separation of the foretellers than anyone else.

Invi had a habit of looking at things on a surface level, not being able to understand where Aced was coming from, refusing to accept the fact that she might have been going a little too far with her role, and assuming Ava was up to no good just because she was organizing keyblade wielders. Sure, she apologized to Ava after that incident, but that just shows me that her character was less investigative and more accusatory, only willing to make decisions based on how things looked versus how those actions were influenced, especially when her own actions could have negatively impacted the situation.

Gula is a bit less guilty, but that's only because his role was so vague. Gula tried to play detective the whole movie, and what he didn't realize is that he didn't understand the first thing about the text on that page. He just ignored the part about the sigil and assumed that, since Aced had anger issues, that he must have been the "traitor" on the lost page. He even confesses to Skuld and Player in X, calling out his own actions as foolish and admitting that he was wrong in accusing Aced of the deceit.

We know nothing about Ira, so I think assuming he must be the traitor since we've seen so little of him is as baseless of an argument as saying that he's not the traitor since we've seen so little of him. We can't say yes to either statement, and there has been no evidence of any major dissonance between the foretellers and Ira other than "he's kind of a shitty leader" or "don't let him find Gula".

Of course Luxu has a big role, but we know nothing about him so far. The only plot point he has is "inherits keyblade, sees the keyblade war, carries human-sized box around, and eventually passes keyblade and box down." The only reason I could say he was the traitor is if we got to see an extended version of his and Ava's scene from X, since that scene is the only time we get a hint of what Luxu does in between the beginning of Back Cover and the end of the keyblade war. He hasn't done enough to affect the foreteller's plot, which is why it pisses me off that Gula's page implies that he could easily be the traitor. Back Cover had so much character development, yet Luxu was nearly untouched by this movie.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh, I do understand what you meant with Aced now and I agree!
Aced should be called out for his lack of anger management, but you can't just say that he's the traitor without realizing that everyone else influencing him to act out also did the wrong thing.
I never said so ^^ Just to clarify, I don't have an opinion about the leader at all. I was just saying. :D

The reason I think it's either Invi or Gula is because they did more to lead to the separation of the foretellers than anyone else.
I mean, you are right, but it's not like they did it consciously.

Invi had a habit of looking at things on a surface level, not being able to understand where Aced was coming from, refusing to accept the fact that she might have been going a little too far with her role, and assuming Ava was up to no good just because she was organizing keyblade wielders. Sure, she apologized to Ava after that incident, but that just shows me that her character was less investigative and more accusatory, only willing to make decisions based on how things looked versus how those actions were influenced, especially when her own actions could have negatively impacted the situation
Gula is a bit less guilty, but that's only because his role was so vague. Gula tried to play detective the whole movie, and what he didn't realize is that he didn't understand the first thing about the text on that page. He just ignored the part about the sigil and assumed that, since Aced had anger issues, that he must have been the "traitor" on the lost page. He even confesses to Skuld and Player in X, calling out his own actions as foolish and admitting that he was wrong in accusing Aced of the deceit.
Very good points, I don't have a counter-argument. *clap*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back