• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The [Human] Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
The [Human] Heart

Why is the heart so eager to give itself away?
To fell wanted; to feel complete?
The despair that is faced,
In the moments that yield regret-
Why must the heart suffer the pain of yesterday?

Darkness falls, guilt stirs-
Seemingly just to bring the mind,
Back to the abyssal void inhabiting the chest.
The aching, the longing... It is all for naught-
Darkness stirs, and loneliness thrives.

Why is the mind so quick to forget,
The whisperings of wisdom imparted to it?
The mouth speaks before the mind can think,
About the consequences of today, the pain of tomorrow.
Why was the mind lost; so quick to leave?

The hands move without conscience.
Doing the void’s bidding, gorging on the pain,
Left from the heart’s present pleasures.
The void can never be sated...
Why are the hands feeding the void?

The pain of yesterday feeds the void in the chest.
All for a moment of pleasure-
The chest, the mind, the mouth, the hands-
They serve the void that has consumed the heart...
The remnants remember a time before they were given over to fleeting indulgence.

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Wow, that's deep.. And when I read this, it sounds like what Xemnas would say. :3

It just gives off this vibe of Kingdom Hearts, lol.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
lol. I'm glad you like it. I totally wasn't trying for the Xemnas vibe, but since you know he's all philosophical... haha

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
lol. I'm glad you like it. I totally wasn't trying for the Xemnas vibe, but since you know he's all philosophical... haha

Very philosophical and it is what Xehanort, Ansem, and Xemnas would have said. Jeez, I can imagine something like this happening in KH3, but in grander terms of it. xD

But you're welcome! ^_^ You sure like to give off philosophical stuff.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Very philosophical and it is what Xehanort, Ansem, and Xemnas would have said. Jeez, I can imagine something like this happening in KH3, but in grander terms of it. xD

But you're welcome! ^_^ You sure like to give off philosophical stuff.

I'm the Philosophy Major that Never Was..... xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A more complicated poem to respond to. That's twice now, since I've come across the word, void. I haven't collected my thoughts enough on this quite yet. I think its just part of being human. We want things we desire. We want to feel pain, pleasure, sorrow and more. The void exists and yet, it can never truly be filled. There are those who would argue against me because, they believe a person can fill up the void lurking inside of our hearts and be happy. I disagree. I do understand the meaning behind this poem, but if I were to answer truthfully, the heart is a mystery. No matter what we do with it, we will still be vulnerable in some way. We can either hide it away in a place where no one can find it, or give our faith and trust in someone to take care of it too. There are lots of ways to interpret this poem, but that's my thoughts on it for now.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
A more complicated poem to respond to. That's twice now, since I've come across the word, void. I haven't collected my thoughts enough on this quite yet. I think its just part of being human. We want things we desire. We want to feel pain, pleasure, sorrow and more. The void exists and yet, it can never truly be filled. There are those who would argue against me because, they believe a person can fill up the void lurking inside of our hearts and be happy. I disagree. I do understand the meaning behind this poem, but if I were to answer truthfully, the heart is a mystery. No matter what we do with it, we will still be vulnerable in some way. We can either hide it away in a place where no one can find it, or give our faith and trust in someone to take care of it too. There are lots of ways to interpret this poem, but that's my thoughts on it for now.

In my mind, the key to understanding is the last stanza. We self destruct ourselves, because we choose pleasures over what is actually going to be good for us in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back